Page 60 of 303 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 60

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A shredded carrot is magical you know!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    And I too spend an inordinate amount of time laughing - in public - at the amusing things the voices in my head say to me. They are such rascals.
    I figure as long as the voices don't tell me to go out and do something bad because God wants me to, I'm still saner than 10% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol.... funny stuff this... I say many of these kinds of things when I see some of these kinds of threads...
    Great minds think alike!

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    I'm glad you shared the joke, Joanie, so I could laugh at it too. Now you're not so crazy giggling on your own.
    Still crazy after all these years - but now I have you to share it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    ^I'm with Annie, you is an amusing lady, without a doubt, you're entries are well entertaining.

I often chuckle at some of my own musings, but I can be an irreverent bugger at times!
    You? Irreverent? Well dip me in shit and call me a chocolate bar - who'd a thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    A shredded carrot is magical you know!
    LOL!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

August 5, 2013 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 08:58 PM. Reason: clarity
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    They used to tell moms to put juice in the baby bottles – because fruit is good for you. Then they told them to stop because it gave the babies cavities.
    I had an acquaintance, decades ago, who put regular Coke in her infant son's baby bottle, before the kid was even a year old. When he was three years old, they had to remove all his rotten baby teeth and put in steel implants. We parted ways at that point (military families being stationed opposite directions), but I've occasionally wondered about that poor kid. He'd be about 35 years old now. *sigh*

Speaking of sugar, I think hummingbirds have to be more intelligent than your usual bird. We have two hummer-feeders, one in a tree out front, one hanging from the deck roof out back. If a feeder is empty of nectar (just sugar and water, none of the red dye crap), the male hummers will hover outside the appropriate window and stare in at us. We have broad-tailed hummingbirds here, and the male's wings make a buzzing noise, like a very large bumble bee. It's impossible to miss. I just filled our back feeder and could feel the "breeze" of multiple hummer wings while they waited just an arm's length away!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I had an acquaintance, decades ago, who put regular Coke in her infant son's baby bottle, before the kid was even a year old. When he was three years old, they had to remove all his rotten baby teeth and put in steel implants. We parted ways at that point (military families being stationed opposite directions), but I've occasionally wondered about that poor kid. He'd be about 35 years old now. *sigh*

Speaking of sugar, I think hummingbirds have to be more intelligent than your usual bird. We have two hummer-feeders, one in a tree out front, one hanging from the deck roof out back. If a feeder is empty of nectar (just sugar and water, none of the red dye crap), the male hummers will hover outside the appropriate window and stare in at us. We have broad-tailed hummingbirds here, and the male's wings make a buzzing noise, like a very large bumble bee. It's impossible to miss. I just filled our back feeder and could feel the "breeze" of multiple hummer wings while they waited just an arm's length away!

Oh lord, Coke in the baby bottle. Such a freaky thing to do by anyone's standards. Many years ago (like the early 1900s and before) they gave babies laudanum if they cried a lot - that's tincture of opium. And it was potent. They rubbed it on babies' gums when they were teething. And still, though of course it's barbaric, it's for a reason, and still better than whatever logic makes a mother give her still bottle-fed child Coke.

Love the pic of the hummingbird. You have, apparently, been elected, "Mom of the Hummingbirds."

B*tch-lite

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    My old man used to put whiskey on our gums, when we were teething, I thought that was extreme, opium based gear is proper hardcore....

Regarding obese children, this was in one of our periodicals yesterday; Girl aged 10 who tips scales at nearly 25 STONE is Britain's most overweight child - Mirror Online, at what point do the parents think, 'hold on my babies putting on some timber'!

Good pic goldie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    My old man used to put whiskey on our gums, when we were teething, I thought that was extreme, opium based gear is proper hardcore....

Regarding obese children, this was in one of our periodicals yesterday; Girl aged 10 who tips scales at nearly 25 STONE is Britain's most overweight child - Mirror Online, at what point do the parents think, 'hold on my babies putting on some timber'!

Good pic goldie.
    That girl! Poor thing. No matter what she does now, from everything I've read, she'll be fighting weight all her life. As an adult, it's the size of your fat cells that matter, but obese children are actually growing a larger number of fat cells. And those cells don't die. Freaks me out that parents can let that happen. I'd rather have my child hate me at 10 years old for denying her stuff than to hate me for the rest of her life for creating such misery for her.

B*tch-lite

August 6, 2013 (Tuesday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 09:00 PM.

B*tch-lite

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It’s technically just after 4am Wednesday as I finish this post, and it’s 82 degrees. Tomorrow’s temps are supposed to be in the high 90s. Sounds like a good day to do more cleaning of the home. I don’t know how this place gets so messy. It’s just me. .
    There are some things I do NOT miss about LA (Lower Alabama)...... 90 degree nights with 1400000000% humidity would be one...... skeeters big enough to have FAA fllight numbers on them is another (though we have those here, since I live a stone's throw from a Big A$$ Swamp)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    There are some things I do NOT miss about LA (Lower Alabama)...... 90 degree nights with 1400000000% humidity would be one...... skeeters big enough to have FAA fllight numbers on them is another (though we have those here, since I live a stone's throw from a Big A$$ Swamp)
    Lower Alabama - LOL! Yep, it's a bitch. I just want a few hours a day respite from the air conditioner. We're not having a bad skeeter season this year, knock on wood - no wait, don't knock on wood - it'll make the termites swarm. heh

B*tch-lite