Page 46 of 276 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 46

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We love Bucherondin at our house! My son, the cheese aficionado, likes a California cheese, Humboldt Fog, slightly better; it's quite similar to the Bucherondin but it's made in big wheels and cut into wedges, it has a thin layer of ash in the middle. Whole Foods sells it in Ca but maybe not in Louisiana.

I eat a lot less cheese than I used to since I don't eat bread. My son tends to eat cheese with roasted nuts. I just introduced him to aged Gouda accompanied with dates and roasted hazelnuts, it's a lovely combination.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    We love Bucherondin at our house! My son, the cheese aficionado, likes a California cheese, Humboldt Fog, slightly better; it's quite similar to the Bucherondin but it's made in big wheels and cut into wedges, it has a thin layer of ash in the middle. Whole Foods sells it in Ca but maybe not in Louisiana.

I eat a lot less cheese than I used to since I don't eat bread. My son tends to eat cheese with roasted nuts. I just introduced him to aged Gouda accompanied with dates and roasted hazelnuts, it's a lovely combination.

Humboldt Fog added to the list. Thank you! Dates and cheese are lovely - I'm not much of a nut eater. (That's not what he said.)

At first eating no bread did the same thing to my cheese intake, but now I'm happy to eat it alone on a spoon, or wrap lox around it, or eat it with some fruit. Eating a pear with cheese is a wonderful experience, especially if the cheese has a good amount of salt.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

For July 4, 2013

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    The I’m Going to Ask My Question 50 Different Ways Until Someone Tells Me That Tootsie Rolls (for e.g.) are Primal.
    OMG.... Tootsie Rolls AREN'T Primal???? But THEY ARE CHOCOLATE! lol

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Had look up Tootsie rolls, apparently you can get um over here, but I've never seen um, though according to wiki, at least there kosher......

Great post Joanie, great post, can I catagorise meself as an 'everyone else', please?!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    LOL! You know, they always disappointed me as a kid. They looked like they were supposed be chocolate, but they never tasted chocolate. Just some nondescript sweet.

Anyway, I looked up the ingredients and Wiki here Tootsie Roll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia lists the ingredients as:

The current U.S. ingredients of a chocolate Tootsie Roll are: sugar, corn syrup, partially hydrogenated soybean oil (a trans fat), condensed skim milk, cocoa, whey, soya lecithin, and natural and artificial flavors.
    Fifth ingredient - no wonder they disappointed child Joanie on the chocolate front.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Had look up Tootsie rolls, apparently you can get um over here, but I've never seen um, though according to wiki, at least there kosher......

Great post Joanie, great post, can I catagorise meself as an 'everyone else', please?!
    Totally one of the good guys! With a giant helping of funny bone.

B*tch-lite

It's rainin' on mah Apple Pie French Toast!

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 08:22 PM.

B*tch-lite

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I try and stick to subjects I'm really knowledgeable on for my "know it all" moments.
    Mostly I'm just an "everyone else".

And I LOOOOVE me some tomatoes and eggs!
    Maybe it comes from so many southern summers eating that as a staple for breakfast nearly every single morning.
    Fresh, juicy, sliced tomatoes from the garden, and hen fruit du jour straight from the barn.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    The Im Going to Ask My Question 50 Different Ways Until Someone Tells Me That Tootsie Rolls (for e.g.) are Primal.
    Was this a hidden dig at me??? I fully intend to keep asking until someone tells me that Cadbury Creme Eggs are primal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I try and stick to subjects I'm really knowledgeable on for my "know it all" moments.
    Mostly I'm just an "everyone else".

And I LOOOOVE me some tomatoes and eggs!
    Maybe it comes from so many southern summers eating that as a staple for breakfast nearly every single morning.
    Fresh, juicy, sliced tomatoes from the garden, and hen fruit du jour straight from the barn.
    LOL - I hesitated putting in that category because I've learned so much from so many people here - very much including you. I really meant the people that seem to show up in almost every thread with their "expertise."

Tomatoes and eggs are an art. I miss tomato sandwiches on white bread with Hellmann's mayo. Just not enough to make them part of my 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Was this a hidden dig at me??? I fully intend to keep asking until someone tells me that Cadbury Creme Eggs are primal!!!
    LMAO! I thought someone found you a primal Creme Egg recipe. Must be a brain fart on my part (ooh that rhymed). I recently found a homemade Ritz Cracker recipe for me - I still have to primalize it. Surely there's a creme egg recipe.

Oh and, Panda? Cadbury Creme Eggs are primal. But only at Easter.

B*tch-lite