Page 45 of 279 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 45

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

July 2, 2013

Shop Now
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    I think the child food hunger thing is getting pandemic, the use of food banks over here is going ballistic, not sure what the answer is, but it sure as assholes ain't strifing the shit out of the already poor as there doing here!
    Not sure about your's, but our goverment gives fucking millions of pounds in overseas aid, which is all well and good, but not when you got millions starving at home, so I think your comment about a certain democrat and congress can probably be attributed to many another political set up, mine included, hence why I've sort of given up on it, as there all bastards!
    Probably my biggest ran on here ever, sorry 'bout that!!

Take it that it's still a bit tepid then! Is rooster edible, if not what a waste & hope the shovels alright as well, don't wanna hurt a good banjo!!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Your friend who killed the rooster made me think of this...

Ahhh... the 70's urban hippie. (^That was the 60's I know... but still.)

I'll do you one better.
    I'm the living breathing product of full on "back to the lander" hippies.
    It's true.
    It didn't work out very well because dad was psycho, but it's true.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-03-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    When my son was younger he named one of our roosters Mr. Fricassee so of course when the time came (can't have a crowing rooster as we live w/in city limits) we had to fricassee him.

Cori thanks for the peaches song and I love the paintings! We've been enjoying some lovely white nectarines that smell like roses.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Speaking of roses...

One of the reasons I like the Hendrick's gin is the rose note that it has.
    I'm also pretty sure that the rose note is why some people don't like it... but anyway.

I think that's why it goes nicely with the hard ciders that I put it in for 'Cheeky Juice'.
    Apples, as well as pears, and stone fruits, are members of the rose family, and I think that's why this note marries so well in the combination.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I think the child food hunger thing is getting pandemic, the use of food banks over here is going ballistic, not sure what the answer is, but it sure as assholes ain't strifing the shit out of the already poor as there doing here!
    Not sure about your's, but our goverment gives fucking millions of pounds in overseas aid, which is all well and good, but not when you got millions starving at home, so I think your comment about a certain democrat and congress can probably be attributed to many another political set up, mine included, hence why I've sort of given up on it, as there all bastards!
    Probably my biggest ran on here ever, sorry 'bout that!!

Take it that it's still a bit tepid then! Is rooster edible, if not what a waste & hope the shovels alright as well, don't wanna hurt a good banjo!!
    I agree with getting one's own house in order before you start helping others - especially financially. I once read that the US and other countries have been giving medical aid to Haiti for over 50 years and while I'm not heartless, I have to wonder when a hand up becomes a useless hand out. It's like the old saying about giving a man a fish (he eats for a day) or teaching a man to fish (so he can feed himself).

I don't know what he did with the rooster - I was laughing too hard to get follow up. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Your friend who killed the rooster made me think of this...

Ahhh... the 70's urban hippie. (^That was the 60's I know... but still.)

I'll do you one better.
    I'm the living breathing product of full on "back to the lander" hippies.
    It's true.
    It didn't work out very well because dad was psycho, but it's true.
    Sorry Dad was a psycho - your last name isn't Manson, is it? Every movement has them. We didn't succeed, but some of us really tried to change things.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    When my son was younger he named one of our roosters Mr. Fricassee so of course when the time came (can't have a crowing rooster as we live w/in city limits) we had to fricassee him.

Cori thanks for the peaches song and I love the paintings! We've been enjoying some lovely white nectarines that smell like roses.
    C'mere Mr. Fricasee - it's only going to hurt for a second. hahaha Loves me some nectarines, though for some reason the fuzz on peaches is off-putting.

Speaking of roses...

One of the reasons I like the Hendrick's gin is the rose note that it has.
    I'm also pretty sure that the rose note is why some people don't like it... but anyway.

I think that's why it goes nicely with the hard ciders that I put it in for 'Cheeky Juice'.
    Apples, as well as pears, and stone fruits, are members of the rose family, and I think that's why this note marries so well in the combination.
    Cori, I saw a fifth of that Hendrick's at Whole Foods - if it lives up to its price point, it should be pretty good. I got a bottle of Lunazul (tequila).
    Last edited by JoanieL; 07-03-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: speellin'
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Cheese, glorious cheese

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 08:20 PM.

B*tch-lite

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Ohhhh, Joanie, you are killing me.... Stinky cheeses (plural!!) and wrinkly olives, and eaten unapologetically... How am I going to make it through this fast with you whispering bleating sweet nothings in my ear like this?!?!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Ohhh... that Italian Fontal sounds delish.

As does the Bucherondin, but I will also eat Bierkase which will stink up your whole house judging by horrible noises my sister-in-law makes about it when my brother and I pull out the block if I'm visiting!
    Nasty gym stocks have been mentioned, but it tastes so good.
    Adding goaty, and soft/runny, to that could only make it better.

Have you had Butterkase as well... not stinky, mild like Muenster, but very rich and decadent.

I also love a good stinky blue.

I prefer the old Iron Chef episodes, the non-American version.
    A. more interesting ingredients
    B. the translations are just priceless!

*edit: Sorry Ccakes, I'm not helping am I? I think we were posting at the same time!
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-03-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Ohhhh, Joanie, you are killing me.... Stinky cheeses (plural!!) and wrinkly olives, and eaten unapologetically... How am I going to make it through this fast with you whispering bleating sweet nothings in my ear like this?!?!
    I'm sorry; I know... I'm the perennial bad influence. It's just been so long since I had any because I'm trying to sort of boycott grocery chains. Problem is that our local cheese store has prices that are so high and sadly WFoods can do them for less. If it helps at all, I haven't had butter in about two months. And that was just out of laziness - nearest butter I'll eat is a mile away and I've also given myself the rule of "must walk if it's a mile or less away."

Ohhh... that Italian Fontal sounds delish.

As does the Bucherondin, but I will also eat Bierkase which will stink up your whole house judging by horrible noises my sister-in-law makes about it when my brother and I pull out the block if I'm visiting!
    Nasty gym stocks have been mentioned, but it tastes so good.
    Adding goaty, and soft/runny, to that could only make it better.

Have you had Butterkase as well... not stinky, mild like Muenster, but very rich and decadent.

I also love a good stinky blue.

I prefer the old Iron Chef episodes, the non-American version.
    A. more interesting ingredients
    B. the translations are just priceless!

*edit: Sorry Ccakes, I'm not helping am I? I think we were posting at the same time!
    I wrote both of those down for my next trip, with an asterisk next to the Bierkase for the sheer pain of it. LOL. Walk there (2.5 miles), bus back. My 21 year old car may last another few years. I try to get one cheese I've never tried whenever I go. Fortunately they sell them in quarter to half pound portions, though I'm sure they'd sell you more if you asked.

I love the original Iron Chef! All the pageantry was so camp. And those chefs can use every part of a fish like no one else.

B*tch-lite