Page 44 of 339 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 44

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Wow, the Plymouth actually sounds good. I've never, ever had good luck with gin.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Now I have something to think about.... in the past I've enjoyed Tanqueray but it's not like I compared it to anything else, I rarely drink hard alcohol. I just looked up Hendricks and now I'm intrigued, it says it's flavored with cucumber and rose, I love the sound of that!

And then there is Plymouth:
    Juniper Berries, Coriander, Lemon peel, Orange peel, Angelica, Orris, and Cardamom. They are perfectly blended to give itís audience exactly what it asked for: a Flawless Masterpiece.

Cori what have you done?! I live in a really small town that doesn't have an upscale bar or liquor store and now I really want to taste these 2 gins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    The Hendrick's is an odd one... an herbal cucumber rose, with very light hints at juniper berries.
    Complex and a bit strange for some folks.
    Worth trying, but some "juniper heads" don't like it I must admit.

And yeah. that Plymouth is the English standard IMO.
    But what do I know.
    It's fine stuff!

Also... I admit that I HATE gins that are all beat you over the head with the freaking juniper tree! It's just not necessary. Let's have some refinement please.

I don't drink a lot either, but I'me willing to invest in nice bottles and have them sit around my house for when I feel like partaking.
    I buy bottles like that cold and try them every so often.
    If they aren't good for actual TASTE... I find ways to mix them until they disappear. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Wow, the Plymouth actually sounds good. I've never, ever had good luck with gin.
    I'm so proud! My little journal (with much help from Cori) is helping to corrupt two people to the joys of clear spirits.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Tongue

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Part deux

Deleted by me.

B*tch-lite

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that is a process! I could probably do that in the slow cooker. I have tongue in the freezer from getting my side of beef this year and am a little afraid to use it, but your end pictures don't look so bad.

I have some oxtails waiting for attention in the fridge now, and a bottle of wine that I really, really shouldn't drink - I think braised oxtail stew is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Wow, that is a process! I could probably do that in the slow cooker. I have tongue in the freezer from getting my side of beef this year and am a little afraid to use it, but your end pictures don't look so bad.

I have some oxtails waiting for attention in the fridge now, and a bottle of wine that I really, really shouldn't drink - I think braised oxtail stew is going to happen.
    I'm sure there are a lot of recipes out there that don't require brining - it's such a fatty delcious meat. Also, since it has to cool a bit to get the membrane off safely, you can always put slices of it in a pan to char it a bit and get that boiled look gone.

I've never tried oxtails - damn, I gotta buy me a cow.

B*tch-lite

Deleted by me.

B*tch-lite

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Regarding the people who have contact with kids you have to have what's called a DBS check in the UK, which means there vetted prior to being able to work with them, it's not fool proof, but its better than nowt!Disclosure and Barring Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

54 degrees, fork me that's a bit toasty, it's meant to reach a tarmac melting 20 over here today!

Regarding the gin, very rarely drink shorts, but have you tried Bombay Sapphire?

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Hey Joanie, We are having humidity along with the heat here, very unusual, and it did not cool off at night! I guess this is just a slight taste of what you get in New Orleans. I'm not used to it, I felt like I was awake most of the night.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Regarding the people who have contact with kids you have to have what's called a DBS check in the UK, which means there vetted prior to being able to work with them, it's not fool proof, but its better than nowt!Disclosure and Barring Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

54 degrees, fork me that's a bit toasty, it's meant to reach a tarmac melting 20 over here today!

Regarding the gin, very rarely drink shorts, but have you tried Bombay Sapphire?
    DBS sounds like a start. I have tried Bombay and it's good. When I order a martini in a bar, I usually let the bartender choose and just instruct, "not bottom shelf, not top shelf - you pick." They often pick Bombay.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Hey Joanie, We are having humidity along with the heat here, very unusual, and it did not cool off at night! I guess this is just a slight taste of what you get in New Orleans. I'm not used to it, I felt like I was awake most of the night.
    Ack - the dreaded H-word. Yes, those nights with no relief. At 2:30 this morning, I went to get some water from the fridge and I could feel warm air blowing from the only window I have open (just a crack). All I could think was, "how the f*** does it stay so warm with no sun?" Hope yours lets up soon. There is actually cool water coming out of the faucet, so I'm thinking this might not be a terrible summer - but they all kinda suck down here.

B*tch-lite