Page 43 of 347 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 43

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

June 28, 2013

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Since I know people who do eat horse... or rather pony because those are basically FREE through the sale barns because the shippers won't pay for them to truck them up north, plus they fit better in a freezer I hear.

My thought on the subject is don't ask for permission to/or tell the fed you are eating them.
    Seems to work OK for the folks I know.

But then that's just back yard to table food.
    And the folks do keep them on green pasture for 6months to make sure they are fat and clean of any medications.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Since I know people who do eat horse... or rather pony because those are basically FREE through the sale barns because the shippers won't pay for them to truck them up north, plus they fit better in a freezer I hear.

My thought on the subject is don't ask for permission to/or tell the fed you are eating them.
    Seems to work OK for the folks I know.

But then that's just back yard to table food.
    And the folks do keep them on green pasture for 6months to make sure they are fat and clean of any medications.
    IMO, anytime someone actively bypasses the law in order to eat in a healthful manner, they are being not only smart, but patriotic as in what the word should mean. (IOW: I love my country, but the current lawmakers are corrupt criminals.)

It's just so illogical to be legally able to kill horses, but not legal to eat them. Many years ago, Greenpeace was putting green colored something on baby seals to keep them from getting clubbed. They got arrested for defacing them - clubbing okay; defacing illegal. That was our neighbors to the north, but still - just some more governmental doublethinkbullshit.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

A cheat post.

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 09:17 PM.

B*tch-lite

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Hi Joanie, speaking of eating food that is probably illegal, hubby and son have been playing around with blow guns, one which he made with PVC pipe (blow guns we just found out are illegal in CA, how can something be illegal that you can make from junk laying around your house?) anyway hubby has gotten a few quail, he only gets one every few days so we've been wrapping them individually and freezing them, when we get enough for a meal we'll defrost them and have a savory treat.

I wanted to ask your recommendation on gin, this hot weather puts me in the mood for a gin and tonic. I don't usually drink spirits but I think it might be just the thing, may be made with bubbly water instead of tonic.

BTW hubby found our window AC in the shed and we installed it yesterday. It will probably hit 100 in the next day or so, fortunately the temperature drops by about 35 degrees at night so we can open the windows at night.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Hi Joanie, speaking of eating food that is probably illegal, hubby and son have been playing around with blow guns, one which he made with PVC pipe (blow guns we just found out are illegal in CA, how can something be illegal that you can make from junk laying around your house?) anyway hubby has gotten a few quail, he only gets one every few days so we've been wrapping them individually and freezing them, when we get enough for a meal we'll defrost them and have a savory treat.

I wanted to ask your recommendation on gin, this hot weather puts me in the mood for a gin and tonic. I don't usually drink spirits but I think it might be just the thing, may be made with bubbly water instead of tonic.

BTW hubby found our window AC in the shed and we installed it yesterday. It will probably hit 100 in the next day or so, fortunately the temperature drops by about 35 degrees at night so we can open the windows at night.
    Hi hi, UF.

I'm not a big gin drinker, so my fave is just Tanqueray. For gin and tonic, I think anything Gordon's and above will work without drillling out your eyeballs in the morning. Also, if aspartame doesn't send you freaking out, I think Schweppes makes a sugar free tonic water.

Yaaay! on the AC. I know you northern CA-nians are getting some hot ones. It's actually gone down to 76 here a couple of times at night, but it's been a couple of months since we had even 2am weather in the 60s. Not much reprieve. Utility bill doubled.

B*tch-lite

See... I would have recommended Hendrick's for a non-traditional non-junipery gin. I LOVE that stuff.

And for a more traditional gin I find Plymouth to be the place to go. Again, a slightly subdued juniper gin.
    Also, the Plymouth Sloe Gin Is to DIE for if you can find it.
    Puts those nasty syrups to shame and makes a beautiful fizz.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    See... I would have recommended Hendrick's for a non-traditional non-junipery gin. I LOVE that stuff.

And for a more traditional gin I find Plymouth to be the place to go. Again, a slightly subdued juniper gin.
    Also, the Plymouth Sloe Gin Is to DIE for if you can find it.
    Puts those nasty syrups to shame and makes a beautiful fizz.
    Thanks Cori. Urban Forager, I'd take Cori's advice - she definitely knows more about gin than I do. For me it's more about "What can I drink that won't kill me?" for mixed drinks and then the standard Tanqueray for sipping it alone cold.

I am jotting down Hendricks and Plymouth on my 52 New Things to try in 2013 List. Damn, you know, I could have made them all alcohol. It's a new eating plan: The Cave Lush Diet!

B*tch-lite

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Now I have something to think about.... in the past I've enjoyed Tanqueray but it's not like I compared it to anything else, I rarely drink hard alcohol. I just looked up Hendricks and now I'm intrigued, it says it's flavored with cucumber and rose, I love the sound of that!

And then there is Plymouth:
    Juniper Berries, Coriander, Lemon peel, Orange peel, Angelica, Orris, and Cardamom. They are perfectly blended to give it’s audience exactly what it asked for: a Flawless Masterpiece.

Cori what have you done?! I live in a really small town that doesn't have an upscale bar or liquor store and now I really want to taste these 2 gins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Hendrick's is an odd one... an herbal cucumber rose, with very light hints at juniper berries.
    Complex and a bit strange for some folks.
    Worth trying, but some "juniper heads" don't like it I must admit.

And yeah. that Plymouth is the English standard IMO.
    But what do I know.
    It's fine stuff!

Also... I admit that I HATE gins that are all beat you over the head with the freaking juniper tree! It's just not necessary. Let's have some refinement please.

I don't drink a lot either, but I'me willing to invest in nice bottles and have them sit around my house for when I feel like partaking.
    I buy bottles like that cold and try them every so often.
    If they aren't good for actual TASTE... I find ways to mix them until they disappear. LOL
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-30-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche