First day of summer! And in the delightful contrary way that weather sometimes is, I donít think the temps quite reached 90F today. The weather channel says it hit 93 at 1145am, but I refreshed the Google weather page a few times throughout the day, and I never saw it.
I found this while watching Zagat food clips at youtube today: A first look inside Hu Kitchen, Union Square's new healthy eatery | Well+Good NYC While they do stretch the Paleo concept just a bit with some lentils and quinoa, pretty much itís a restaurant anyone could eat at. Totally gluten-free, all grass fed and organic. Just a really nice concept.
Letís see if I can remember how I made:
Curried Lamb Meat Loaf
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 egg
- ľ cup milk
- 1 banana
- curry powder to taste (I used ĺ tablespoon)
- a smidge of sweetener (totally optional)
- garlic powder to taste
- a little salt
- sour cream for topping
1. Mash the banana with a fork in a large bowl.
2. Add the ground lamb and all the dry ingredients.
3. Beat the egg with the milk and add to everything else.
4. Combine everything either with a fork or your hands or however you prefer.
5. Line a loaf pan with parchment. Put in meat mixture in the shape of a football thatís flat on the bottom.
Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
Let it rest for a bit. Serve topped with sour cream (yogurt would work terrifically).
Note: I probably would have been more creative with the veggies, like onions, pepper, tomato, etc., but Iím keeping things mild for my gut. And while it sounds odd, I used the banana to replace using a couple of tablespoons of flour and it worked better than I hoped it would Also, Iím glad I checked this after an hour because I thought it would take 90 minutes like a ground beef meat loaf does. An hour cooks it all the way through.
Youíd think Iíd be tired of lamb by now, but this was yummy. And itís a good thing I only ate one meal today because I ate the whole damn thing myself. It took a couple of hours, but I kept going back until it was gone.