Page 39 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 39

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Thanx J - I will post some when back home. Today the gps miscalculted and we ended up in downtown new york - holy guacamoly....... what an incredible experience!!!!!! Yellow taxis everywhere, policemen and women directing traffic, tooting everywhere for no apparent reason, people!!!!!!!!! It was the most amazing experience......... and we are still married and our blood pressures are still fine
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hee hee hee!! Gwamma, we TRIED to warn you...!! And I used to commute into that (by bus and train) every day...

Glad that you posted - I was worried about you three getting out of there with your nerves intact. It can be overwhelming for folks, even those who THINK they live in a big city. NYC is simply a thing unto itself, as you now know.

Get the car returned okay yet??
    OMG Gwamma, I can just imagine! I would never drive in Manhattan. I even hated driving in San Francisco which is way smaller, but almost as dense.

I had a similar thing happen many years ago. Fortunately I saw the toll booth in the distance and a split second later saw something that said something like "Last exit before toll," and I figured I didn't care where it took me as long as it wasn't to the city. I slammed on my signal light and wouldn't move until people let me over to the exit. LOL

Crabcakes I once read that with eight million people living in Manhattan, the number of people actually in the city doubles once the work day starts (or the stock exchange opens, I can't remember which).

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Joanie, I always preferred skim milk, too. I am retraining my taste buds now.

I didn't like butter either, but never bought the line that margarine could possibly be better for you. I used it for a while though because it was easier to spread thinly.

I do agree that bone broth is possibly miraculous. This week I made a mixture of pork and chicken broth, incorporated it into a pumpkin soup that I was making for my ill friend. She loved it and now wants to know what was in it.
    Good on you for introducing her to bone broth. I didn't use margarine, but I was foolish enough to use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter for awhile. What was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    We have all that nonsense in the uk too. They sell us fructose syrup as a healthy, natural component of cereal bars, sweeteners and all sorts. Free range chickens just get to walk around in circles in a yard and salmon are fed on vegetable based protein. Our healthy option menus and food are often the opposite. I like your rant and hope you continue to rage against the machine!
    Welcome, MaceyUK! Yes, I pretty much think the UK, US, and Canada have to be diligent about the false/misleading statements made about the food they buy. I haven't read as much about Australia, so I don't know if it's as bad there.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Albino Alligators

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 08:11 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Oatmeal in the morning makes me sleepy for the rest of the day. Oatmeal in the evening makes me curl up into a contented ball and have warm fuzzy dreams. But since going Primal, I haven't had any. My sleep was still disordered, oatmeal or no, pre-Primal. On Primal, I wake up every morning just before dawn, no alarm clock. That started shortly after my big carb flu ended.

I like a short glass of buttermilk in the morning.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Lamb, oh yessssssssss. Love, love love it.

But 57 lb per person?? That sounds a lot even for here. Is that an annual consumption, I suppose would only be 1 lb a week or half a kilo. But that would be 2kg per family, so ... I still think it sounds a lot.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    If my hubby liked lamb, I'd eat it several times a week. As it is, I probably eat a pound of lamb every two weeks, so that puts me at 26 pounds a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Oatmeal in the morning makes me sleepy for the rest of the day. Oatmeal in the evening makes me curl up into a contented ball and have warm fuzzy dreams. But since going Primal, I haven't had any. My sleep was still disordered, oatmeal or no, pre-Primal. On Primal, I wake up every morning just before dawn, no alarm clock. That started shortly after my big carb flu ended.

I like a short glass of buttermilk in the morning.
    Since my teens, I've never really been a good sleeper. And after my mother died, I became a binge drinker for awhile and that really effed me up. I don't think I've ever had buttermilk in anything except pancakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Lamb, oh yessssssssss. Love, love love it.

But 57 lb per person?? That sounds a lot even for here. Is that an annual consumption, I suppose would only be 1 lb a week or half a kilo. But that would be 2kg per family, so ... I still think it sounds a lot.
    I'm learning to love it also - it's gamey, but it's a different gamey than say, venison, which though I've tried it a few times, even at a restaurant that was a wild game restaurant, I never could get past. And yesterday, after not having had meat for four or five days, it was absolutely delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    If my hubby liked lamb, I'd eat it several times a week. As it is, I probably eat a pound of lamb every two weeks, so that puts me at 26 pounds a year.
    I'm working up to once a week. I've been treating it like it was gold, so this last US Wellness order, I got three pounds of it ground. Since I usually order from them about once a month, I'm getting close. You and me, babe - bringing up the national average.

B*tch-lite

Deleted by me.

B*tch-lite

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Lamb has to be my fav. I love it cooked just about anyway. But the fav at the moment in our house is-
    marinate any lamb cut (all except mince)with olive oil a bunch of mint a tablespoon of honey a tablespoon of mustard(we like dijon), garlic and then grill on the char section of your bbq or pan. Finger licken good.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Lamb has to be my fav. I love it cooked just about anyway. But the fav at the moment in our house is-
    marinate any lamb cut (all except mince)with olive oil a bunch of mint a tablespoon of honey a tablespoon of mustard(we like dijon), garlic and then grill on the char section of your bbq or pan. Finger licken good.
    Sounds awesome!

B*tch-lite

The Sins of a Seven Year Old

Deleted by me.

B*tch-lite