Page 31 of 347 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 31

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

May 18, 2013

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-20-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I’m starting to feel the effects of eating food that is wholesomely prepared. I’m down to just a few tablespoons of butter, and yesterday, I was going to make that fail bread. So, I did something I haven’t done in a lot of months. I bought regular CAFO butter. I’m thinking it’s the nutrients, but I doubt I’ll taste any difference. Wrong. It tasted terrible. Almost rancid. Ewww. I brought it back today. Guess I’ll have to go out and do real grocery shopping. sigh
    Yes, this way of eating spoils us for less than the best. One can become quite the snob without meaning to.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Yes, this way of eating spoils us for less than the best. One can become quite the snob without meaning to.
    I really was surprised at the difference. What shall I do when I'm old and poor and living in a refrigerator box on the corner?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

May 19, 2013 - fell asleep before I posted

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-20-2014 at 05:00 PM.

B*tch-lite

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-20-2014 at 05:00 PM.

B*tch-lite

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Joanie!

Re beer rehab - I once knew this chica in high school, she was in the marching band with me. I never did figure out how she could march and not collapse each and every time. Very sweet, but she looked like she weighed 300 pounds, even though I never knew her true weight. So, one spring she tells us she is going to work for Baskin Robbins for the summer and perhaps longer. Oh god - we seriously thought we would read her obit before school began again in fall. What really happened - she lost well over 100 pounds total. Dipping ice cream all day made her sick of anything sweet.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hey Joanie!

Re beer rehab - I once knew this chica in high school, she was in the marching band with me. I never did figure out how she could march and not collapse each and every time. Very sweet, but she looked like she weighed 300 pounds, even though I never knew her true weight. So, one spring she tells us she is going to work for Baskin Robbins for the summer and perhaps longer. Oh god - we seriously thought we would read her obit before school began again in fall. What really happened - she lost well over 100 pounds total. Dipping ice cream all day made her sick of anything sweet.
    My mom had a friend that experienced much the same thing when she worked part time at a bakery. Overload is certainly a concept worth investigating. Unfortunately, my Achilles tendon is alcohol. I'm not sure going on a bender would be a good idea. I can see me waking up in Canada wondering where the f*** I am. *chuckle*

B*tch-lite

Forgot to post again.

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-20-2014 at 05:01 PM.

B*tch-lite

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Cheating...
    No.
    No, not "cheating".

I have my thing and I do it. I don't consider the small allowances I make in my diet for pleasures "cheating".
    Particularly since I do live by a set of rules dictated by health issues. Like my sodium restriction, and gluten is really more an issue for me than most, as is my carb level.

But I do sometimes pay a price for my indulgences.
    A couple of days ago husband and I trotted off to Ybor city for the day. I needed coffee and it's a nice destination for a day of this and that instead of having it shipped over. We went to a place and I had a favorite meal in a restaurant where I cannot control the sodium content, plus I had a hard cider which acts just like burning sugar. I had a Cafe Ybor, which is a sweetened espresso. We smoked a cigar... since we had lunch and didn't want dinner, husband decided to stop and get cheesecake. The cheesecake undoubtedly contained gluten.
    My brain is still recovering.
    I piled myself up royally. ALL the faux pas in one day. I know better. Over doing the sugar/carbs, gluten, alcohol, and sodium.

Even if I just hit one note wrong I can screw my brain for a day... like too much sodium.
    Or too low fat high carb. Or a few drinks.

But still. I like to go out and just DO things sometimes making the best choices available.
    I think it's OK that I need a couple of days to re-coup after.
    Though... honestly, I'm never eating cheesecake from THAT place again. 'Cause I've had the same meal/cider/coffee other times and not been this bad.

*edit: Read all of the above to mean: Of course I care about my health, and no I don't set out to make myself sick on purpose... but I'm not a f*king ascetic.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-22-2013 at 06:30 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    *edit: Read all of the above to mean: Of course I care about my health, and no I don't set out to make myself sick on purpose... but I'm not a f*king ascetic.
    I'm right there with you.

B*tch-lite