Page 282 of 290 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2892

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 282

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I stopped reading the general forum unless one of my favs posts. Even then if one of the people on my "too ignorant to occupy my world" list also posts, I just quietly back out.
    Thanks for the reminder, V. I *usually* stay out of the general forum, but today I saw a thread "In response to Crossfit hate..." so I wandered into it, hoping for some positive words about Crossfit. Alas, I was too hopeful. The haters were out in full force, with only a few feeble protests against the hate.

I Crossfit. I love Crossfit. I've done it for 4 years and my worst injury was a shin scrape. I will never compete or be a professional athlete; I don't have the motivation, time, or natural ability. But I am far fitter than every person I know who doesn't Crossfit, including men half my age. I enjoy every aspect of Crossfit and I do acknowledge that there are "dangers". Just as I acknowledge that there are dangers when I'm about to head down a black diamond ski slope.

I don't go around hating on the MDAers who extoll the perfection of machines/Starting Strength/Lean Gains/any other fitness program. Every activity/sport/exercise has pros and cons. IMO, if you don't do that specific activity, you have no basis for your hate. <Monty Python mode> I blow my nose at you, Crossfit haters! </Monty Python mode>

</rant>

Thanks for the use of your journal, Joanie!

HEY V I've been sending good karma your way, I hope it's getting there!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, V. I *usually* stay out of the general forum, but today I saw a thread "In response to Crossfit hate..." so I wandered into it, hoping for some positive words about Crossfit. Alas, I was too hopeful. The haters were out in full force, with only a few feeble protests against the hate.

I Crossfit. I love Crossfit. I've done it for 4 years and my worst injury was a shin scrape. I will never compete or be a professional athlete; I don't have the motivation, time, or natural ability. But I am far fitter than every person I know who doesn't Crossfit, including men half my age. I enjoy every aspect of Crossfit and I do acknowledge that there are "dangers". Just as I acknowledge that there are dangers when I'm about to head down a black diamond ski slope.

I don't go around hating on the MDAers who extoll the perfection of machines/Starting Strength/Lean Gains/any other fitness program. Every activity/sport/exercise has pros and cons. IMO, if you don't do that specific activity, you have no basis for your hate. <Monty Python mode> I blow my nose at you, Crossfit haters! </Monty Python mode>

</rant>

reading this, I suddenly caught the smell of elderberries.....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I too don't visit the forums that much, far too much jackassery going on to waste me valuable overthere....

And they last couple of pages have been a right giggle....

Hate to bring that chicken up again, but my oh my, when you thought you've seen most things....Dofts cap, bravo J....

Hey V, hope your good.
    I think that jackassery is my new favorite word! That chicken - hope it had a safeword.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Hi Joanie!

The last few posts from everybody on your journal are sorta why I'm not around much anymore either but I still like to lurk from time to time...

Big Hug!!
    Ex! It's good to see you. *hugses* How's life treating you? I hope you're doing great.

</rant>

Not a problem, Goldie. We all do what keeps us happy. I wouldn't know crossfit if it bit me in the ass, but from the little I know, you have to be pretty fit to do it. So, keep on keepin' on. Let the haters hate. Of course now I have to go search out that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    reading this, I suddenly caught the smell of elderberries.....

LMAO, Doc.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Various days (slow week)

As I write this in the wee hours of the morning, it's a moderate, though very humid 75F. At it's hottest, yesterday was 97. And you all know what caused that drop - rain. I walked in it, and it was fantastic. Most people running to get to shelter, but not me. I occasionally even spun in a circle with my arms out. I didn't have my umbrella, or I might have even done a tribute to Gene Kelly.

As usual with youtube, one video leads to another, and Gene Kelly leads to that generation, leads to (all things lead to) the old Dean Martin roasts. Among those on the dais roasting that night's honoree (Dean Martin actually) was Muhammed Ali. Weird only because with summer tv being all crap and stuff, I watched some old Chopped shows and Ali's daughter was a participant. The flawless skin, the cheekbones. It's like he spit her out of his mouth with the only thing contributed by her mother being the X chromosome that made her female. Watching Ali tell Don Rickles that he's dumber than he looks cracked me up.

I mentioned Hoboken in my last post. That, and where youtube took me made me remember something. I lived in Hoboken when Frank Sinatra died. I had heard at work. I came home via the PATH train, which meant that when I got off the train, I was right near Hoboken's City Hall. They were playing his music on a loudspeaker into the street, and people were dancing in front of City Hall to honor him. When I told my mom, she got all choked up.

My parents' generation got very proud when "one of ours" made it big. One of ours could mean a couple of things. Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Jerry Vale - ours because of Italian descent. President Kennedy - ours because he was Catholic. I imagine that if either of the Cuomos ever made it to the White House, he'd be ours also - a twofer being both of Italian descent and a New Yorker. My godmother might disagree as she called the elder, "Governor Pricko." My generation isn't as identified. We haven't married other Sicilains, and my third cousins' offspring have heritages from all over the globe.

Might as well segue into the DNA diet. Do I go as far back as Brooklyn/Queens, or do I go back to Sicily? Some of the stuff is easy. I almost always have basil, lemon, tomato, olive oil, and olives in my home. And some kind of grateable cheese. I'm a fan of espresso, artichokes, sardines, and squid. I don't remember if I've ever had sword fish. I'm a fan of pork products. Is it DNA? Or what I grew up knowing? Because I'm also a fan of tongue sandwiches, chopped chicken liver, pastrami, potato knishes, matzo ball soup, and dirty water hot dogs with sauerkraut - not Italian, but certainly Brooklyn (and every borough of NY). And living in San Francisco for 14 years brought Mexican, Chinese, and Japanese food into my life - with a huge nod to sushi.

But getting back to the DNA diet, if I could both afford it, and get it conveniently well-sourced, I could easily live on a diet of fresh fish and pork being my main sources of protein, with goat, lamb, chicken, and beef being occasional for variety. The only fish/seafood I really don't like are snapper and scallops. And though I'm usually successful with squid, I tend to make octopus into leather, which I've been told is fixable by continuing to cook it until it gets tender again. Clams, oysters, mussels - yum, yum, and yum. Crawfish, shrimp, and lobster - best bottom feeders ever. I had a friend who went to Italy for vacation, and visited Sicily. Even though she never skimped on eating anything her heart desired, she came home five pounds lighter after being there for two months. Maybe she walked around more, but she thought it was all the fish and lemon.

The News. Joan Rivers has died at 81. There's a new largest terrestrial dinosaur that's been discovered called Dreadnoughtus. Which for some reason my brain read as, "Dreaded donuts." A fed'l judge says that BP is guilty of gross negligence in the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. This could open them up to $17B in fines. Their stock dropped 6% on the news. From 2010-2013, the richest 10% in the US saw their income increase ~10%. The rest of us grabbed our ankles without benefit of lube. The WHO claims that worldwide, 30% of all suicides are done by taking pesticides. That last one freaks me out totally.

Fun stuff:

My kind of place!

I'm not sure what this is, but it looks like something I'd feed that guy who just won't stop calling.
    We all know that guy, right?

Peace, love, and jell-o molds,
    J
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Trying to focus on the yummy chocolate covered bacon, but the gross peas keep intruding..........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Super stuff - "my cock exploded", "call your dad"...!!!! I love your autocorrect bits!

PATH train - wow, trip down memory lane. Here was me in NJ: NJ Transit train from Matawan to Newark, then PATH over to the old WTC for work. Before I switched to the trains, I was on the Academy bus line from Freehold all the way in, but to get to work on time at 9:00 (at my desk) I had to catch the 6:30 am bus because we got caught each and every frickin' day at that damned Holland tunnel. The going home was no better on the bus, and I had to eventually stop taking the bus altogether because I was seriously car sick every day. My NJ friend would take the NJ Transit further on to Hoboken and hop the ferry to Manhattan to his institutional banking job. Don't miss the job, but I do miss the trains - I love trains; from the old and squeaky-squealy to the ultra-slick Euro trains and everything in between.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Zan
    Zan is offline Member
    Chicken bondage and Monty Python references???

Officially THE best journal on MDA

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan View Post
    Chicken bondage and Monty Python references???

Officially THE best journal on MDA
    Us B*tch groupies have known that for a long time!

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Us B*tch groupies have known that for a long time!
    8n't dat the truth....

The Walrus is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, that thing with the olives, maybe there's liver in there...

LMAO as usual! Although some of the folks I work with, their son actually would call them to report that he had...you know...one of those things I will never, ever understand.
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” - Joseph Campbell