Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3416

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 273

canio6 Guest
    Ah, lovely meat salad. So beautiful. *wipes a tear...or perhaps drool*

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Here's my favorite meat salad, carpaccio:

Attachment 17412
    I take it back - that would whoop pork belly salad every time! I WANT ALL THE CARPACCIO.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Ah, lovely meat salad. So beautiful. *wipes a tear...or perhaps drool*
    There he is. I'm with you. I feel like going out and eating a cow.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I take it back - that would whoop pork belly salad every time! I WANT ALL THE CARPACCIO.
    IDK Thai pork belly salad sounds pretty damn good!
    After looking at all those lovely meat salads I really want some meat. Oddly enough I'm making an almost vegetarian dinner tonight. Black bean soup (made with bone broth) and salsa, I feel like I should add some meat to it but what? I don't want to go to the store.

Sure would love to have carpaccio with a nice pinot noir.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    There's just something about a mostly meat salad... I can go for days eating nothing but meat and proteins. Yesterday I couldn't decide what kind of roast to make so I just threw them both in the roaster, sirloin tip and rump. Mmmmm... leftovers
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    IDK Thai pork belly salad sounds pretty damn good!
    After looking at all those lovely meat salads I really want some meat. Oddly enough I'm making an almost vegetarian dinner tonight. Black bean soup (made with bone broth) and salsa, I feel like I should add some meat to it but what? I don't want to go to the store.

Sure would love to have carpaccio with a nice pinot noir.
    For some reason, I thought you had cows and pigs in your freezer. I love black bean soup. I never put meat in it, though I did use black beans for chili also, so that had meat. I'm thinking just about anything that walked would be good. I know; I'm a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    There's just something about a mostly meat salad... I can go for days eating nothing but meat and proteins. Yesterday I couldn't decide what kind of roast to make so I just threw them both in the roaster, sirloin tip and rump. Mmmmm... leftovers
    I'm the same way. Especially with four legged creatures. Chicken and fish call out for rice usually. Not a lot, usually, like 1/4 dry cooked to about 3/4 cup.

I've got about nine pounds of meat arriving tomorrow from Good Eggs. A little of everything: chicken livers, ground beef, stew beef, stew lamb, ground pork, and oxtails. My freezer was so bare that I was down to a package of CAFO chicken, a pound of chicken livers, and a pair of lamb testicles.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    Joanie, I am here!!

Those meat salads look awesome. Darn chemo has turned me almost into a freaking vegetarian. I am working so hard to eat meat but I think if I had several of those plates of meat, I would have no problem. Tonight I am trying scallops in a lemon herb butter.

It is official, I am a freak of nature! With the blood clots gone, they started surgery to remove the iv line from my neck but couldn't find it. It moved back into place. First recorded occurrence of that type with this device. After consultations with several experts, they decided to just leave it in and monitor it. I am on blood thinners for three months but chemo continues on schedule. Since I was defying odds, we bought lottery tickets. No win yet but Hubby bought four weeks worth.

So what are you doing with the lamb fries? I can't wait to see!

I love beans in my meat based chili like product but real chili does not have beans. I always think of Sheldon Cooper when I make chili. UF, can you share your bean soup recipe? I have a bag of black beans and that sounds good. I also have some spicy Italian sausage I could add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Joanie, I am here!!

Those meat salads look awesome. Darn chemo has turned me almost into a freaking vegetarian. I am working so hard to eat meat but I think if I had several of those plates of meat, I would have no problem. Tonight I am trying scallops in a lemon herb butter.

It is official, I am a freak of nature! With the blood clots gone, they started surgery to remove the iv line from my neck but couldn't find it. It moved back into place. First recorded occurrence of that type with this device. After consultations with several experts, they decided to just leave it in and monitor it. I am on blood thinners for three months but chemo continues on schedule. Since I was defying odds, we bought lottery tickets. No win yet but Hubby bought four weeks worth.

So what are you doing with the lamb fries? I can't wait to see!

I love beans in my meat based chili like product but real chili does not have beans. I always think of Sheldon Cooper when I make chili. UF, can you share your bean soup recipe? I have a bag of black beans and that sounds good. I also have some spicy Italian sausage I could add to it.
    Yay! You're here. *big squishy hugs* I would guilt trip you about the gray hair I grew wondering where you are, but hassling someone going through chemo isn't in my wheelhouse. Besides, it's not on my head. LOL.

I hope the scallops go down well. I've been eating salmon like it was cheap, and already need to go to Costco again. I think I need a husband with a good job or pension to keep me in salmon, squid, oysters, etc.

A freak of nature! Very cool. If you win the lottery, could you buy a piece of land large enough so that I can camp out without you seeing me too much? (That would be me hustling my friends for free living space.)

I want to fry the lamb oysters. The AP gf flour I use doesn't brown well in oil, but I'm thinking potato flour might. And, since the community seems to be accepting of beans these days, I was thinking that for the other testicle, I might make a bean-ball dish. Do you know how long beans are good for? Mine are pretty old, but there are no bugs or anything in them. Lambs have really large testicles. I was surprised when they arrived. I can't imagine what bull testicles look like. Should I soak the beans if I'm going to pressure cook them?

Black beans and Italian sausage sounds awesome (with apologies to my grandmother and great grandmother who hardly ever cooked with beans except for pasta "fazool").

Gotta hug you again. *squish*

Apropos of nothing, my apt smells like chicken and curry powder and ground ginger - oh my! The sun has gone down. The rain cooled us down to 84. And I'm enjoying a very spicy Bloody Mary.

B*tch-lite

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    You can guilt me all you want! And big squishy hugs right back!!!! I was not the most positive last week so I just decided that if I had nothing good to say, I wasn't going to say anything. This week no scheduled medical appts so I am pretty happy.

The scallops were awesome. The only meat sources that I like are expensive ones like prosciutto and Serrano ham with my melon or seafoods. Beef and chicken make me gag. I am losing lots of muscle mass. Amazing how fast that happens when you get older, don't get enough protein and can't do much exercise. I add gelatin to my smoothies so hopefully that helps.

Beans have an infinite shelf life if stored properly. If there are no bugs or mold, go for it. I always soak my beans as did my mom and her mom. I follow the Weston Price instructions for soaking them. Bean balls sound interesting. I dust stuff in a mix of rice flower and tapioca starch and it seems to brown nicely.

That Bloody Mary sounds yummy!

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Due to poor planning and indecision i neglected to defrost any meat. I'm getting low on both beef and pork, what I have in the freezer is mostly large cuts and ground beef. I didn't want to use gb because I used some yesterday. So black bean soup was made w/o meat but with bone broth topped with fresh salsa and sour cream served with corn muffins. Does that dinner qualify as a Meatless Monday Meal?

So good to hear from you Vh! Here's roughly how I made the bean soup. Soaked the beans and then cooked them in unsalted water until tender, drained them. I diced and sauteed 1 onion and 1 carrot. Then I added about 4 cloves of garlic and about 1 cup of diced canned tomatoes. Added salt and a generous amount of coriander. Added maybe 4 cups of broth and almost all of the cooked beans. I set aside about 1 cup to add later. I cooked the soup for about 35 minutes, then pureed it and put it back in the pot with the remaining beans. I wanted to have the soup smooth with some whole beans too. I do the same thing with corn chowder.

BTW potato starch also works for dusting things before browning. The other day I mixed tapioca and potato starch and it worked really well.
    I think Italian sausage would be a nice addition, chorizo could work too. If I'd had either of those I would have added them.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Regarding unfortunate sex toy victim: about 15 years ago I was working on a trauma surgery ward in a tertiary trauma centre hospital. We came in for morning report for the day shift, and there were lots of giggles going on by the night staff. Seems we had a patient in his 30s, who had a battery operated device lodged in an orifice that had come in through the ER overnight. He was scheduled for surgery for removal that morning. Perhaps not so weird in the grand scheme of things, but here's the twist...the battery was still running. Energizer, perhaps? Couldn't quite bring myself to inquire. Needless to say, both he and his girlfriend were rather sheepish and embarrassed. At least he came in to get sorted out. As far as I recall, surgery was a success and he went home. Wonder if he resumed such activities?