Page 243 of 275 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2749

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 243

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Silly meanderings of a summer Shut-In

Shop Now
    Thursday, June 26, 2014

Man Sets New Record For Most Expensive Starbucks Drink Order Ever | FirstWeFeast.com

Today’s definition of dumbass: Someone who makes to-do lists, and then at 10 o’clock at night thinks, “Oh shit, I forgot to cut up that melon.” Which was sitting in a bag on the floor, because it was a 12-pound melon and I couldn’t fit it into the fridge. Well, I might have been able to, but by the time I rearranged the top shelf to fit it, I might as well just cut it up. Which I did. And now I have frozen cantaloupe up the azz.

Anyway, I was thinking – something dangerous that summer brings on because I’m basically a shut-in until I need to restock something (vodka). If you breed two collies, you get a collie – you’d be surprised as all get out if you got a piglet. If two mating chimpanzees gave birth to a zebra, the world would take notice.

And yet, despite the evidence that one overweight parent gives you a 50% chance of being overweight, and both overweight parents give you an 80% chance… And despite the fact that fat children actually grow a greater number of fat cells (whereas fat adults expand the size of their fat cells, but not the number)… The fat-shaming continues. Perhaps I’ve been too hard on fat-shamers? Perhaps they’re not arrogant assholes with no manners? Maybe they just need a lesson in genetics. [/bitchiness]

Observation. If your poop suddenly turns a blackish color, before you freak out and call a doctor, remember that you’ve been eating blueberries as a late night snack lately.

Another observation. I like defrosted frozen blueberries better than fresh ones. I think maybe the freezing and defrosting changes the texture somehow to one I find more pleasant. I love blueberries either way, but I recently found a great price for frozen organic blueberries, and damn, those things are like fruit crack.

In the news:

Big sugary sodas win again! N.Y. Court of Appeals rules city had no right to restrict soda sizes - NY Daily News – IOW, stop passing stupid laws, and start educating people.

Watch: Nancy Grace drops bombshell on dad of lost boy – This link sucks, so the long and short of it. A boy has been missing for two weeks. The ever-whacky Nancy Grace does an interview with the boy’s father. Unbeknownst to said father, the boy was found (alive) in the father’s basement. Father says no one could believe he knew the boy was there. What?

No link because news pages run so much shit that if I open more than a few tabs, they can screw with my browser. IKEA is raising it’s minimum wage to an average of $11/hour. And those wages will vary by the locations of their various stores. IOW, someone was thinking, rather than reacting. Pass me the smelling salts.

Another observation. I tried Kombucha for the first time. I like the taste. But as it goes from my mouth to my throat, my stomach gets a tiny bit queasy. Once it lands, I’m fine. I wonder what’s going on there. Maybe I should stick with kimchi and the occasional purchase of farm yogurt.

New thing. Buttermilk. Well, where have you been all my life? It’s amazing to me the stupid presumptions I make about things. I thought buttermilk was basically like whey. Yellowish, thin, meh-to-sour tasting. But when I saw it was the main ingredient in a salad dressing I love, I thought I might as well try it. Dahling, it’s loverly. Tangy, but not as much as yogurt; creamy. The perfect base for salad dressing, or to just add a little creamy depth to a dish without overwhelming it. And I can come fairly close to duplicating the salad dressing for half the price.

I am so behind in trying new things this year. We’re at about 26 weeks into the year, and I’ve only tried 16 new things. However, now that I’ve discovered that GF flour + grated parmesan is an alternative to glutenized things that crisp, I’m very ready to delve into the world of Rocky Mountain Oysters. I’m thinking sliced, dredged, fried (in lard), then a dipping sauce made of buttermilk and something spicy (hot sauce, or salsa, or cayenne pepper). I think that will be a biggy new thing. And, I still have some trotters in my freezer.

Testicles and trotters, oh my! I still need to find pig ears.

Last night’s supper was beef, onions, pattypan squash, feta, tomato, cantaloupe, curry powder, ground ginger, and buttermilk (added at the end). The tomato deserves a comment as I haven’t tasted anything like it since I was a child. I wanted to just tuck a napkin into my collar and eat it like an apple. Since there are three more, I just might.

For faster healing!

Show off!

Peace, love, and frozen blueberries,
    J
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I'm so surprised to find pigs ears in the commissary on the big base in Korea. Like seriously how much of those things do they expect to shift? Not every officer is married to a pig head soup shop ajuma.

I like blueberries still frozen lol. Once a year this three pound bag of wild blueberries has shown up. Omg that stuff is gold that is actually blue but still somehow gold.

My goal in life is basically to be known as "the crazy American." Or Doc Hemingway. Preferably both.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    And now I have frozen cantaloupe up the azz.
    that sounds delightfully refreshing

it's hot outside

re; nancy grace... whaaaaaat the craaaaaaaap. she blew the bombshell then while he's sitting there with D: face she's all WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOW HE WAS IN THE BASEMENT. BY THE WAY HE'S ALIVE. WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOW?!?!?!?! DID YOU KILL HIM?! RAWR. after he says 10 times that everyone's looked for him in the basement

kid came back home lady O.O breathe
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    I'm so surprised to find pigs ears in the commissary on the big base in Korea. Like seriously how much of those things do they expect to shift? Not every officer is married to a pig head soup shop ajuma.

I like blueberries still frozen lol. Once a year this three pound bag of wild blueberries has shown up. Omg that stuff is gold that is actually blue but still somehow gold.

My goal in life is basically to be known as "the crazy American." Or Doc Hemingway. Preferably both.
    I had to look up ajum(m)a, but I got it. I like the berries frozen also, but the squish of a really ripe blueberry is also very pleasant.

I think you have a good foundation for the Crazy American thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    that sounds delightfully refreshing

it's hot outside

re; nancy grace... whaaaaaat the craaaaaaaap. she blew the bombshell then while he's sitting there with D: face she's all WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOW HE WAS IN THE BASEMENT. BY THE WAY HE'S ALIVE. WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOW?!?!?!?! DID YOU KILL HIM?! RAWR. after he says 10 times that everyone's looked for him in the basement

kid came back home lady O.O breathe
    LOL on refreshing. Puts an earthy spin on that thing with the anal beads.

Grace does put the foaming-at-the-mouth crazy back into "news" reporting.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

The Walrus is online now Senior Member
    If you haven't tasted the delight of frozen grapes, you need to. Of course grapes aren't really primal, being high in sugar and all. Still, I don't think eating grapes, frozen or not, is a real problem in our modern society.
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” - Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    If you haven't tasted the delight of frozen grapes, you need to. Of course grapes aren't really primal, being high in sugar and all. Still, I don't think eating grapes, frozen or not, is a real problem in our modern society.
    I love them! And I consume them more slowly than room or fridge-temp.

Grapes were always part of the landscape when I was growing up because of the Italian/wine partnership. I still remember the vines in my grandparents' and great grandparents' yards.

I think grapes are primal more than I think GF flour is primal (just an example). For me, though I'm surely only 80/20 these days, the closer a food is to its natural state, the more paleo/primal it is. So, the grape is just the grape, but GF flour is something that needs to be pounded and processed. I use it, (see eggplant parm post), but I feel like I'm eating healthier when I'm chomping on a thing that only needs to be cut or rinsed or cooked. Or frozen, as is the case of single people who can't eat a 12 pound cantaloupe before it turns to fly food.

B*tch-lite

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Nailed it~LOL
    DH wondering why I was snorting over here

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Nailed it~LOL
    DH wondering why I was snorting over here
    I love the food fails, also. I think I've made a few.

B*tch-lite

Small rant followed by pretty pics...

Friday, June 27, 2014

I didn’t write anything yesterday. So, I’ll do a little bitch today for filler.

Preface. There is a difference between child-like, and childish. One is being able to enjoy life with abandon. The other is not knowing where the hamper is. One is wonderful to be around. The other is a pain in the ass.

I absolutely do not subscribe to the spouse-as-parent marital model. I am pleased to say that I’ve never had a boyfriend nor a spouse who thought I was put on this planet to pick up his laundry. I had a lover who wore socks to bed, but that was a circulation issue.

Between the unsupportive spouse thread and the fat-shaming thread, MDA has my panties just a little knotted. I know… but please forgive me. It’s 94F out and I’m indoors. It’s just the internet.

But still, it begs the question: Just who the eff are these people who think they can treat others like doormats? And another question: Just how long does one play the role of doormat before one says, “I’m outta here.”

I never had children. And I’ve only ever left one relationship because I became physically afraid. So, maybe I just don’t get it. But, I think this would apply to anyone: once the cops have been called, call it a day and move on.

There are more subtle reasons to leave. You wake up one morning and think, “If I have to live the rest of my life listening to BoringMan’s jokes, I’m going to string myself up with an extension cord.”

As to the fat/thin thing, I’ve been on both sides of this. Yes, I’ve had people comment on my weight when I was overweight, and I had a boyfriend tell me that he wished I had a bit more ass (I.e., he wanted me heavier than I was at that point). That was short-lived.

Here’s the thing. I am strongly attracted to tall men with light (or gray) hair and light eyes. But, if I get into a relationship with a man who doesn’t have one or all of those features, I don’t make him feel lacking because of it. “Good morning, Sweetheart, I see you’re still short.” Who does this?

People who hurt people in the name of “honesty,” are true losers. If you’re going to be a mean-spirited ass-wipe with no knowledge of social niceties and no empathy for others’ feelings, then own it. Now, I agree that if someone asks your opinion, “Do these pants make me look fat?” then they’re asking for it. But something like, “OMG, what happened to you? You were just a tiny little thing when you worked here,” is an unsolicited insult, and if the brunt of that insult clocks you, you have no one to blame but your rude-assed self.

Now, I can pretty much take it, especially online. I just count my lucky stars that this kind of person isn’t in my real life orbit. But I’ve seen at least three people leave these forums because their feelings were hurt or someone was hateful to them. I hope the people that caused this feel all powerful and stuff. Because in my book, they’re pretty much something I’d scrape off my shoe.

I’m posting this in my journal because I’ve posted once or twice in the two mentioned threads, and now I don’t want to read anymore. You don’t like fat people? Fine, who cares? Why vocalize? Believe it or not, one can be an honest person without spewing every thought that bounces off the back of one’s head. We here at adulthood call that a number of things: self-control, manners, etc. The person with no empathy toward other humans is in the same league imo as the person who pulls on animals’ tails – they belong on an island or in an institution with others of their ilk.

My rant is done.

And now some fun:

Poor kitty!

Don’t I have to see the doctor first?

Like this wasn’t creepy enough done correctly…

At last – Truth in Advertising!

Peace, love, and crap,
    J

B*tch-lite

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I love your rant. I too read those threads thinking what the ever-loving eff?
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!