Page 224 of 259 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2581

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 224

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ah i wish you quick health and fast healing, and hope you don't stay away forever
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    OMG Joanie, you have to watch this! It's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Great video, thanks Goldie!
    OMG, Goldie - I loved it! Did you watch any of the others in that series? There are 24 I think and I watched all except the naked mole rat because they give me the creeps. I cracked up laughing at all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    How could you resist one of they cupcakes or that jaw, LOL....

Saw this in the news, frog doing pull ups....
    I love herring, either pickled or pickled in sour cream, but I think if the first time I ever saw it was that, I'd have run screaming. The frog pics are adorable! I wish it was a video.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I am usually willing to try any food at least once but those fish heads might require a few shots of courage first!

Now that this forum has been taken over by "the fat is bad and lots of carbs is bestest" Weight Watchers crowd, I have decided to take a break from the forum for a while. While I do like to learn as much as possible about nutrition, especially now that it appears I have a slow growing form of lymphoma, I hate how just about every thread ends in the bashing of Mark, Primal/Paleo and carb appropriate eating. There is little to no support here anymore, outside the journals.

I wasn't going to say anything about leaving because I dislike the Drama Llama thing. But there are people here on Joanie's journal and few other journals that I think are interesting and fun people that I bet would be great to meet in the real world and I wanted to say so long for now. Hopefully Joanie doesn't mind me misappropriating her journal for a moment. It is always better to ask forgiveness than permission! I will be checking in on with some of the journals from time to time when I a need a laugh or some inspiration.

A quick note on the lymphoma, my oncologist has assured me I am not going to die from it and I see her again tomorrow to go over our plan of attack. I also appear to have an abdominal wall adhesion which is causing me problems and needs surgery to fix. I have a fun summer ahead!

Best wishes to you all!
    Most important thing first - you're not going to die. I'm so glad - words can't really say how relieved I am.

Nope, I don't mind a bit re: misappropriating. If you're cruising around the web, and you find a good message board that still believes in an ancestral approach to eating, please get in touch, and I'll join you there. In fact, stay in touch regardless. *hugses*

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    ah i wish you quick health and fast healing, and hope you don't stay away forever
    +1000
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Monday, April 28, 2014 (the weekend)

Today, of course, I am grateful for a lovely weekend. I got a lot done, and I had some fun. I canít ask for a lot more from a weekend.

I donít know if yíall remember, but a while back, there was some conversation here at MDA about health that centered around being ďhealthy enough,Ē vs being vitally healthy. I was thinking about that this weekend and I wondered how our lives would be if we applied that kind of thinking to other things we do.

What if, for example, we never bothered to read anything that was mediocre? And Iím not talking about just reading lofty literature or anything like that. What if we never read or listened to news that was actually infotainment? What if we put down newspapers, magazines, or books that disappointed, or clicked away from websites that no longer entertained or taught?

What if we examined everything we did as a measure of how it really affected our lives? Would we elevate some of the things we think of as grunt work? Would we diminish some of the things we thought would be right, but somehow leave us feeling empty?

I believe that entertainment and laughter are important. So, Iím not approaching this as some snob thing of ďew, I only watch PBS documentaries because Iím sewww intellectual, dontcha know?Ē Heck, if The Three Stooges or I Love Lucy re-runs make you laugh, they improve the quality of your life.

And though it might be a trial at first, I wondered how it would be if we questioned everything we did for awhile. Am I drinking this cup of coffee because it brings me pleasure, or because Iíve had a cup of coffee every morning for the last 20-odd years? Do I go into work every day with a sense of purpose, or is it just that Iím stuck because the economy sucks and itís not a great time to change professions? Do I serve myself and/or my family meals made from my heart and with love, or has melting cheese over something become ďsupper?Ē

A poet in todayís culture is a slacker; a real estate broker is a productive member of society. An artist is a silly dreamer, but a corporate lackey is envied for her/his big ďhouse on the hill.Ē

Anyway, thatís what I thought about this weekend. It was timely because it fell at about the half way point of a hundred-day experiment Iíve been doing with my life as the petri dish. I probably wonít write about it much because journal entries of ďI cleaned my toilet today and I was struck by how lovely the bathroom seemed afterwards,Ē donít make for interesting writing or reading. Well, maybe writing if the only reader is me, but this version of my journal is obviously for me and you.

With that in mind, Iím going to try to diminish the just out of habit things and increase things that actually mean something Ė both things I do currently and things I want to add.

Venus shaver. Thereís a razor called a Snap. I googled this because I thought Iíd heard it wrong. This razor is for getting smooth on the go. I had to laugh at the concept. Iím thinking youíre on this date, and you werenít sure how it would go. Around the second bottle of wine, you realize he just might be a keeper. Into the ladiesí room for a quick trim of the muffin, and Voila! the date is saved. Of course doing a quick muffin trim after sharing a bottle of wine with someone might prove to be hazardous.

My heart goes out to the good folks in Arkansas.

How Bank of America Botched Some Basic Accounting - Businessweek Ė And the people watched in awe.

Google's self-driving car project tackles city streets | ZDNet - I love the idea of a self-driving car. Which is a bit sad because Iím advocating a machine over a human, but dang, the way some people drive is scary!

Laughter may be the best medicine for age-related memory loss - Medical News Today Ė Laughter may be the best medicine for age-related memory loss Ė well thatís one thing I have going for me. I laugh a lot. Iíd make a terrible companion for a funeral.

And the story of the day is: Sneeze sends man's dentures onto busy highway Ė I also wonder why it was in the Health section of the news and not the International section.

MADRID ó A motorcyclist brought traffic to a standstill on one of Madrid's busiest highways after he pulled over to look for his false teeth, which flew out of his mouth when he sneezed, according to local media reports.
    And todayís eye candy:

This is going to be tough to market.

You have to get common sense where you can find it.

Hound of the Basketball is one of the lesser-known Sherlock Holmes mysteries.

Later babies,
    J
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    wtf why did I just misread Arkansas as Arr-Kansas? Is it a Monday? Yeah, it's a Monday. Nevermind.

I've been thinking about ACTUALLY keeping a personal journal again. I did it off and on for years, from elementary school through college, but now not so much. It's a nice writing exercise, to just impress myself and no one else, to not have to filter anything, to write EVERYTHING down. It might also be a good thing for my fine motor skills if I actually write instead of type it. I looked back in a notebook at work the other day that I've been using for the past 3 years since I started at this job. My handwriting was surprisingly neat at the start. Now...not so much.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Most important thing first - you're not going to die. I'm so glad - words can't really say how relieved I am.

Nope, I don't mind a bit re: misappropriating. If you're cruising around the web, and you find a good message board that still believes in an ancestral approach to eating, please get in touch, and I'll join you there. In fact, stay in touch regardless. *hugses*
    VH, I second what Joanie said. If you find a good message board, give us all the linkie! I pretty much stick to the journals, too. AND I'm so glad you're not going to die (at least not for a very, very, long time!)

Joanie, found another one for you:

Amazon.com: Three Wolf Moon Shirt Parody - Three Sloth Moon Shirt - 100% Cotton T-Shirt Tee: Clothing

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    What if, for example, we never bothered to read anything that was mediocre? And Iím not talking about just reading lofty literature or anything like that. What if we never read or listened to news that was actually infotainment? What if we put down newspapers, magazines, or books that disappointed, or clicked away from websites that no longer entertained or taught?
    I'm not completely there yet, but I am not far off. I do have very snobbish reading tastes and refuse to engage with anything that doesn't materially add to my joy. I'm choosy about what I watch, too - helped by not having a telly.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I am usually willing to try any food at least once but those fish heads might require a few shots of courage first!

Now that this forum has been taken over by "the fat is bad and lots of carbs is bestest" Weight Watchers crowd, I have decided to take a break from the forum for a while. While I do like to learn as much as possible about nutrition, especially now that it appears I have a slow growing form of lymphoma, I hate how just about every thread ends in the bashing of Mark, Primal/Paleo and carb appropriate eating. There is little to no support here anymore, outside the journals.

I wasn't going to say anything about leaving because I dislike the Drama Llama thing. But there are people here on Joanie's journal and few other journals that I think are interesting and fun people that I bet would be great to meet in the real world and I wanted to say so long for now. Hopefully Joanie doesn't mind me misappropriating her journal for a moment. It is always better to ask forgiveness than permission! I will be checking in on with some of the journals from time to time when I a need a laugh or some inspiration.

A quick note on the lymphoma, my oncologist has assured me I am not going to die from it and I see her again tomorrow to go over our plan of attack. I also appear to have an abdominal wall adhesion which is causing me problems and needs surgery to fix. I have a fun summer ahead!

Best wishes to you all!
    Yes bring us with you V!!

I feel like there's (just recently even) been a huge shift from the old primal regulars. Hell I don't even check the new posts page unless I'm bored at work, and I love helping out new folks. It's all journals and a couple threads that exploded and I now ignore (possibly due to Joanie's hypothesis?). I'm fairly sick of it.

I'm so glad to your you're lymphoma isn't dangerous. Cancer is a very scary thing at least I think. Hopefully that gets taken care of quickly, painlessly, and effectively and you'll just have one more badass story to tell.

If you do leave, send us your contact info!

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    VH if you're still around to read this I want you to know I'm so relieved to hear about your cancer, I've been thinking about you. I hope you will occasionally drop in and chat with us, I always enjoy your posts.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    VH if you're still around to read this I want you to know I'm so relieved to hear about your cancer, I've been thinking about you. I hope you will occasionally drop in and chat with us, I always enjoy your posts.
    These words exactly. Wishing you all good things and hope to 'see' you around often.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

jacmac is offline Senior Member

Best wishes to you all!
    I am a cancer survivor so I understand a little of what is going on for you. Remember to breath and please don't go down the 'what if' road. That was probably one of my few rules when recovering from cancer because the 'what if' road is laden with horrors that are worse than most things that can happen in real life.
    I agree that the forum has changed and there are few supportive places but hopefully you can find your way back to the journals at least.
    I wish you peace and health.