Page 223 of 260 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2595

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 223

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Probly has to do with the concentration of red coloring in fresh beets that gets "washed" out during the canning process....
    Dunno. I often eat them grated, raw in salads - no effect. Roasted or as borscht? Woah... scarlet fever.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Dunno. I often eat them grated, raw in salads - no effect. Roasted or as borscht? Woah... scarlet fever.
    speaking of beets.... I need to plant some.... and turnips and rutabaga.... and arugula, ooooooh and parsnips!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    and sweet potatos.... cant forget to plant sweet potatos!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    He was top man, he was fond of a 'slurp' I think I subliminally started using that word on a regular basis after watching him....
    Found this lovely tribute on youtube...also...PUFFINS!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=izyAxTuhjm0
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I nearly spew ice water over my iPad screen at every NAILED IT.
    You've got a lively journal
    Thank you! Good to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I think catfish would have been nice with your salad. Speaking of fish how is that you can salmon so cheap? I live about 25 miles (as the crow flies) from the pacific ocean and I just saw it at the market today for $20 lb and that was the lowest I've seen it in quite a while.

I just happened to ask the phlebotomist at the lab the other day what was involved in getting certified he said 3 months training and then 120 hrs of internship. I don't think it pays that well but I would imagine it comes with health insurance and it looks like pretty reliable work, not likely to be mechanised in the near future.
    There are a couple of things that are less popular that I'm going to look into - all only certificate programs. Some pay a little better. But mostly, it would be to stop being a full time tourist.

I ended up putting ground lamb on top and it was delicious. I think I went a little overboard on the veggies. I woke up in the middle of the night with stomach grumblies. Only about 10 min, but I should probably ease into it after a winter of very few veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    I have been a phlebotomist and it was a great job. Not long after leaving high school I got a job in a medical laboratory then worked through the different departments. I applied for a phlebotomist role and scored it I was trained to do ECGs , blood collection, pap smears and wait for it .... penile swabs ....!!!!!! well we did everything back then and did not over think much.
    I was about 19 years old. I had no medical training yikes. We were told to put this here, do this, now this and Bobs your aunty!

Now Joanie I know this could be right up your alley but I think the rules may have changed since then.
    Oh the adventures
    LOL and ick on the penile swabs! I like me some penis as much as the next healthy woman, but handling sick ones might turn my stomach more than a bit. At 19, I surely would have been too much of a wimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    It's not the greatest, Skull Attack is about the right name, and touche on the gonorrhea, I fold....

Drunken elephant yoga, lol....

You and me both, don't forget the texts....

Saw Keith Floyd cook up some puffin on one of his series, think it was Floyds Fjord Fiesta, where it looked like he spent the whole series bladdered on Akvavit, there cute but have to say, it did look quite tasty!

Hope the sniffles have gone and the pee ain't too red....
    The nose snot is still with me a bit, but I don't have the urge to drill out my nostrils and ears. I ate another beet, so pink pee is with me still. (Kind of sounds like a country western song.)

Probly has to do with the concentration of red coloring in fresh beets that gets "washed" out during the canning process.... Just goes to prove that fresh food is better for ya!
    speaking of beets.... I need to plant some.... and turnips and rutabaga.... and arugula, ooooooh and parsnips!
    and sweet potatos.... cant forget to plant sweet potatos!
    I don't know. Maybe it's like the asparagus pee thing. Some get it and some don't? Some only get it with some preparations? It's pretty.

Doc, all those roots - yum!

Found this lovely tribute on youtube...also...PUFFINS!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=izyAxTuhjm0
    I'll have the Puffin Bernaise, if you please. It looked like a cool bird to eat - the breast meat is dark.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Today I’m grateful that I am I. Which is to say that today I’m feeling so grateful about so many things that to list them would cast me as a schmaltzy, maudlin kind of person. And I like to keep that person hidden.

We moved around a lot when I was growing up. I didn’t start state-hopping until I was an adult, but as a child, changing school districts can feel like as big a move as moving from one state to another.

So, I was often the new kid. They say that kids are cruel, but from what I can see, those cruel kids grow up to be cruel “adults,” or perhaps more correctly, they stay cruel children, but are in adult bodies. I learned about gossip from these moves. The most enlightening move was from Long Island to Upstate NY. I guess I didn’t pronounce the “r”s at the end of my words the way non-city kids did. This made me different, and so the kids made up stuff.

As I made friends one by one, I often heard the same thing – which was they had thought that I was a tough kid from the city. All because of a soft or nonexistent “r” at the end of some of my words. But I was just an eleven-year-old who’d been dumped into a pool of humans who by and large had known each other since kindergarten.

Funny thing was that a few years later, we moved again. Not back to the city, but to a much larger school district. What my parents and I didn’t know on my first day was that we’d moved from a school with a pretty strict dress code to one that had recently ditched the dress code. So, there I was on my first day (which thankfully was mid-year) in a cute little plaid jumper and knee socks, surrounded by kids wearing jeans, tshirts, and hippie hair. So to those kids, I presented as a goody-two-shoes. (I wore jeans the second day.)

The point is that some people are always going to need to gossip about others. Maybe occasionally with good cause, but more often for things as trite as an accent or clothing. Some people will even make stuff up. In the end it doesn’t matter. Or as Popeye might have said, “I yam what I yam and that’s all what I yam.”

I gotta figure that with all the beautiful and horrifying stuff in the world, if someone has nothing better to do than talk about me, well…

Will see you all Monday, but some smiles ‘til then:

Does anyone else find this disturbing?

Peace, love, and busy weekends,
    J
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    OMG Joanie, you have to watch this! It's hilarious!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Great video, thanks Goldie!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    How could you resist one of they cupcakes or that jaw, LOL....

Saw this in the news, frog doing pull ups....

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I am usually willing to try any food at least once but those fish heads might require a few shots of courage first!

Now that this forum has been taken over by "the fat is bad and lots of carbs is bestest" Weight Watchers crowd, I have decided to take a break from the forum for a while. While I do like to learn as much as possible about nutrition, especially now that it appears I have a slow growing form of lymphoma, I hate how just about every thread ends in the bashing of Mark, Primal/Paleo and carb appropriate eating. There is little to no support here anymore, outside the journals.

I wasn't going to say anything about leaving because I dislike the Drama Llama thing. But there are people here on Joanie's journal and few other journals that I think are interesting and fun people that I bet would be great to meet in the real world and I wanted to say so long for now. Hopefully Joanie doesn't mind me misappropriating her journal for a moment. It is always better to ask forgiveness than permission! I will be checking in on with some of the journals from time to time when I a need a laugh or some inspiration.

A quick note on the lymphoma, my oncologist has assured me I am not going to die from it and I see her again tomorrow to go over our plan of attack. I also appear to have an abdominal wall adhesion which is causing me problems and needs surgery to fix. I have a fun summer ahead!

Best wishes to you all!