Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 3038

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 214

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    [/center]

Peace, love, and tomatoes,
    J
    Tale time! Was in a chilli eating comp once and was in a play off after three off us had exhausted the chillies, so we all got to chomp a ghost chilli with a tablespoon of some chilli extract, well I went deaf and couldn't breathe through me nose, I was found leaning against a graveyard wall outside the pub, wishing I was in said graveyard, fair to say, it was tad piquant, I'm sorry to say I came joint 2nd, the shame was unbearable....Bacon soda, the inventor of that must have made a living....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Pardon me while I throw the bullshit flag on that play....
    No offence J, but I don't think anyone in the crowds gonna argue that call....

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Okay, just read over the last few pages and you win the Spitting Hot Beverage Over Keyboard award for this month. I'm sure you are proud - or not - or will go on to even greater awards...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Just finished reading your journal. Can not thank you enough for all the laughs!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    There is a hotter chili now... Some guy in South Carolina grew a batch of something that is literally police pepper spray in a fruit. Search for "Ed Currie" and his "Carolina Reaper" peppers...

Not me. WUSSSSSSS all the way. I don't even do a layer of cracked peppercorns.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Pardon me while I throw the bullshit flag on that play....
    There's a bullshit flag? Where do I find this wonder? I'd be throwing that sucker on people all day long.

A bitchy post in a journal called Bitchapolooza? Inconcievable!

Doo doo occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Tale time! Was in a chilli eating comp once and was in a play off after three off us had exhausted the chillies, so we all got to chomp a ghost chilli with a tablespoon of some chilli extract, well I went deaf and couldn't breathe through me nose, I was found leaning against a graveyard wall outside the pub, wishing I was in said graveyard, fair to say, it was tad piquant, I'm sorry to say I came joint 2nd, the shame was unbearable....Bacon soda, the inventor of that must have made a living....

No offence J, but I don't think anyone in the crowds gonna argue that call....
    OMG, your stories just crack me up. From falling in the street from wobbly legs to what's bolded above. I'd love to go drinking with you. Between the two of us, I'm sure someone would end up in lockup. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Okay, just read over the last few pages and you win the Spitting Hot Beverage Over Keyboard award for this month. I'm sure you are proud - or not - or will go on to even greater awards...
    Thenk yew veddy much! It's so good to see you. I hope I can bring a smile to you in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Just finished reading your journal. Can not thank you enough for all the laughs!
    You're welcome and welcome! Nothing makes an ex class clown happier than making people chortle. If you started at the beginning, my apologies at all the deleted posts. I threw a hissy fit in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    There is a hotter chili now... Some guy in South Carolina grew a batch of something that is literally police pepper spray in a fruit. Search for "Ed Currie" and his "Carolina Reaper" peppers...

Not me. WUSSSSSSS all the way. I don't even do a layer of cracked peppercorns.
    I like just enough heat to make me sit up and take notice, but not enough to demolish the dish. I guess that makes me a wuss also.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I don't mind something that is super spicy if the flavor is good and it doesn't burn on the way out. I don't do hot foods merely for the sake of hot. Habaneros is about as hot as I do. DD is insane!!!! But that is why we love him! That and his man panty pics. And his cute little accent.

And how would you know if you ate a ghost penis?

My sad customer service story of the day: I bought what was suppose to be new battery operated weedeater from a buyer on Amazon. What showed up was obviously used, very, very used. When I sent my request for a refund, they at first tried to get me to keep it since it was"such a good deal". It was a good deal new but not used. I left the seller a very poor review on Amazon. They just called and left a message offering me a $25 store credit to change my review. Of course, the credit is only good with them. My integerty is worth more than $25! Maybe $50 at least, lol and for anything on Amazon. I am now disillusioned. They bought their high buyer satisfaction rating!

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I don't mind something that is super spicy if the flavor is good and it doesn't burn on the way out. I don't do hot foods merely for the sake of hot. Habaneros is about as hot as I do. DD is insane!!!! But that is why we love him! That and his man panty pics. And his cute little accent.

And how would you know if you ate a ghost penis?

My sad customer service story of the day: I bought what was suppose to be new battery operated weedeater from a buyer on Amazon. What showed up was obviously used, very, very used. When I sent my request for a refund, they at first tried to get me to keep it since it was"such a good deal". It was a good deal new but not used. I left the seller a very poor review on Amazon. They just called and left a message offering me a $25 store credit to change my review. Of course, the credit is only good with them. My integerty is worth more than $25! Maybe $50 at least, lol and for anything on Amazon. I am now disillusioned. They bought their high buyer satisfaction rating!
    You'd feel like you swallowed air?

I feel fortunate that I haven't had a bad experience with Amazon yet except for their new shipping of Non-Prime people's orders whenever. Knock on wood, the products have been good. I got my Croc flip flops today. Love them. (From Azon.)

Totally $50 at least on the integrity. I've sold both on Azon and eBay. Many years ago, though. I liked both selling and buying on Amazon way more than on eBay. With Amazon, I don't feel like I'm potentially getting screwed with my pants on. And as a seller, I know that Amazon almost always sides with the buyer when it comes to refunds. Wasn't an issue for me - return the book and I'm cool.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Speaking of minutiae, last night I had chicken for supper. I hadn’t had it in over a month probably closer to two months. I baked it low and slow for about 75 minutes in my clay cooker, then I took the top off the cooker and baked at 400 for about another 30 minutes. O.M.G. Perfreakinfection. Juicy where it should be; crispy where it should be.

To say that I’m grateful for that chicken would be an understatement.

I had a cucumber (seedless) and tomato salad with it. Simple dressing of olive oil, ACV, black pepper, granulated garlic, and parmesan.

The month that contains my birthday (April) often contains the return or at least the best wishes of lovers past. Ex and ex squared have contacted me just recently. Ex squared is a sweety and he’s welcome with a smile in my inbox. We actually write each other ever few to six weeks. Ex is… difficult. I left OR for a number of reasons, but his existence was #1. While I understand that for a lot of people, just breaking up and moving on is best, in this instance, putting 2000 miles between us seemed like a good idea.

I have a lovely indulgence in the freezer of crab and artichoke ravioli. I bought it a month ago on a whim. Every time I think it’s time for some good old 20, I look at it. I haven’t been in the mood for it since I bought it. (Joanie is a dumbass, Joanie is a dumbass…)

I put Pinky, the tomato plant, out in the sun today. I think she grew an inch. Maybe I purchased the Tomato Plant That Ate New Orleans!

Yesterday I pitched a bitch about slackers. Today I was rewarded by someone’s slacker behavior. I went to a corner store and picked up a couple of things. The cashier got the total and I said, “Does that include the potatoes and the avocado?” She said she wasn’t in the mood to look up the prices and asked if a dollar for all three was fair. Hell yeah.

In a distant time (1971), in a distant land (Upstate NY), a young woman (16) sat with her friends, eating pizza while they teased her about being the oldest living virgin. She was used to their teasing and didn’t take it to heart. There just wasn’t anyone about that struck her fancy. And while she didn’t hold stock in the myth of finding her one true love with whom to do the deed the first time, neither did she want to give it up to one of the (mostly) scraggly townies.

As if the universe were listening to the silly girls talking, who should appear in front of the pizzeria but a tall (long haired) blonde man with eyes as gray as a stormy sky. He walked in and introduced himself. The young woman, who at the very least had the gift of gab, was rendered almost speechless. Their eyes locked. Two days later, her virginity was a moot point. She didn’t tell him that it was her first time because he was a sophisticated older man of 21. They were together for seven years.

The weekend that let them know they were soul mates would seem strange to many people. His dad was away. A bunch of people came to the house to party. There was a ton of LSD. He put the tabs in a bowl for everyone to eat as they wanted. There was of course much doobage. People fornicating out in the open. It was a typical pre-AIDS free for all. Many of the girls/women left first – sorry ladies, but women are often drug wimps. The junkies left next – acid is the antithesis of heroin. The hardcore acid freaks left last. And then it was just he and she. “Are you really still in high school?” he asked. They were together for seven years.

I wish I could say that there was a happy ending for that story. Like his father, the man became a drunk. Unlike his father, he didn’t have a nice middle management job to hide behind. She left him in her third year of college. He died when he was 51. She cried for days when she heard even though she hadn’t had contact with him in over 25 years. Still, if you asked her today if any of it was a mistake, or if she would change the knowing of him, she would tell you no. He turned her on to great music (Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Joplin, Rod Stewart (before he was “sexy”), the old Fleetwood Mac, to name just a few). He turned her on to sexual exploration. He got her to read the Hobbit and the Tolkien Trilogy 25+ years before there were movies. In fact, she’ll never see the movies because the characters in her head are the ones she wants to last forever, and because the Trilogy will always be his thing. He turned her on to Asimov and Heinlein.

Today, as she heads toward the 59th anniversary of her birth, she wishes she could call him to just say hi.

And on a much lighter note:

Cat Musubi - proving that Cat is better than SPAM.

Somewhere deep inside, we all knew this.

Peace, love, and autocorrect,
    J
    Last edited by JoanieL; 04-17-2014 at 10:33 PM.

B*tch-lite

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    This was my first negative experience with Amazon. I have Amazon Prime and love it because it just makes it so easy to buy stuff that I can't get without driving to another city since my city is pretty small and traffic here can make me cranky. Plus I like borrowing books for my kindle and sometimes watching shows on it.

P.S. we are going to a Fleetwood Mac concert in December! Hubby's wonderful boss bought tickets for all of us.
    Last edited by vh67; 04-17-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Joanie...

Laughs and tears (*hugs*) and more laughs.

I'm grateful for your wonderful way with words and emotions.

And:

Because Goldens.