Page 196 of 278 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2777

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 196

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Joainie unless you have an aversion to mint you absolutely must try one when it's hot out, it's so refreshing. If you make your own you can control how sweet you make it. I make a similar beverage for my son (sans rum) and we add cucumber to it, very cooling.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I bet you do. I can't imagine that you take much guff from people. Which doesn't mean you're not awesome and funny, etc., because you crack me up a lot. I just get the feeling that you could wither someone who was playing idiot in real life.
    LOL I don't waste energy (mental or physical) on idiots, usually. I just *meh* and move on to something else. I have to deal with some idiots at work, but who doesn't? At least here on the forum I can *meh* and move on! And with the ones at work, I try to be really patient, because most people aren't idiots on purpose. Most of them are just people who have ended up in situations where the situation is smarter than they are.

Besides, most of the idiots are wheat eaters, and they can't really help it, can they? They're just being good and eating the way the government tells them to!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I like to make my own because they are too sweet at most bars. I put a lot less simple syrup in than they do, like a splorsh. You could make them with a drop or two stevia instead.
    That's a good idea. The recipe I saw called for two tablespoons of sugar - in one drink. That's a hangover in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Joainie unless you have an aversion to mint you absolutely must try one when it's hot out, it's so refreshing. If you make your own you can control how sweet you make it. I make a similar beverage for my son (sans rum) and we add cucumber to it, very cooling.
    I will definitely try come summer. I was too broad in my dislike of mint. Specifically, mint tea makes me nauseous, which is bizarre since people often recommend it for an icky tummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    LOL I don't waste energy (mental or physical) on idiots, usually. I just *meh* and move on to something else. I have to deal with some idiots at work, but who doesn't? At least here on the forum I can *meh* and move on! And with the ones at work, I try to be really patient, because most people aren't idiots on purpose. Most of them are just people who have ended up in situations where the situation is smarter than they are.

Besides, most of the idiots are wheat eaters, and they can't really help it, can they? They're just being good and eating the way the government tells them to!
    I know what you mean. When all is said and done, I should have become an actuary. Nice, lonely work. LOL Here on the forums, I've been finding my scroll wheel most useful.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Yay! Itís tongue day. Thatís not a code for a special event with a special friend. The beef tongue has been in the brine for a week, and as I was doing that thing in front of the freezer, no, donít want thatÖ not that eitherÖ, I remembered the tongue. Not only is it tongue day, but in a rare moment of having everything I could need for it, I have tongue, a couple of potatoes, and a bunch of eggs on hand. Please donít tell Grok, but I also have a lone bagel in the fridge, which means that I can either have an old fashioned tongue sandwich slathered with mustard, or I can have tongue hash with a couple of eggs on top. Decisions decisions.

Itís raining a lot today. I love the rain. But darn, Iíve gotten dressed to go out three times today, only to have it start up again. Itís a good thing I donít have a pet because I think that by the third time he saw me get back into my PJs, heíd dial 911 to see if someone could come out for a wellness check. (Cats are like that. Dogs just get sad because they thought theyíd be going for a walk.)

I found this recipe online: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/P...1&metric=false

Mojito

Ingredients:
    10 fresh mint leaves
    1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
    2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste
    1 cup ice cubes
    1 1/2 fluid ounces white rum
    1/2 cup club soda

Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass. Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice. Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture. Fill the glass almost to the top with ice. Pour the rum over the ice, and fill the glass with carbonated water. Stir, taste, and add more sugar if desired. Garnish with the remaining lime wedge.

Iíd probably change it up a bit:

3 fresh mint leaves
    Ĺ lime, cut into 4 wedges
    1 teaspoon of white sugar
    1 cup ice cubes
    3 fluid ounces white rum
    Ĺ cup club soda

Now hold the mint leaves, sugar, and club sodaÖ kidding. The directions are fine. I just think a 4:3 ratio of club soda to rum would suit me a bit more than an 8:3 ratio of same.

I was going to go to Whole Foods today, but the rain kept me indoors. A pretty dismal rationalization. Saturdays are a madhouse there, so Sunday it is. Predictions of sunny weather and if I go before 10am, a good chance that much of the population thatís not hungover will be in church.

Good girls, bad girls, cats, and education:

Cats never mince words.

She really needs a martini in the other hand to make her point.

And though I finally get this posted the same day I wrote it, I bid you goodnight. Itís lights-out here at Clean Living Village.

Peace,
    J
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    My pleasure! I don't think I've ever told you, but I love your sig line.
    Thanks... Two thoughts can usually come to my mind at least once a day. Either wanting to smack them up side the head or calling them a dumb-ass under my breath. It's not so much an anger issue, it's more of a 'where's your common sense, man?'. And, the older I get, the more loose my lips get.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Peace,
    J
    and to you - my darling wee friend !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Thanks... Two thoughts can usually come to my mind at least once a day. Either wanting to smack them up side the head or calling them a dumb-ass under my breath. It's not so much an anger issue, it's more of a 'where's your common sense, man?'. And, the older I get, the more loose my lips get.
    My second ex-husband had a button that read, "Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed."

The loose lips occurrence. As my friend's mother aged, she went from being a proper suhthern woman to a person who pretty much just said what she wanted. My friend asked mom's doctor if anything was wrong. He told her it wasn't uncommon and that he thought that subconsciously, the closer we get to death, the more we don't care about keeping things bottled up. I love that theory. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    and to you - my darling wee friend !!!!!!!!
    Geeeeeeeee! How the hell are you oh sweetest one ever? *big squishy hug and kiss*

B*tch-lite

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Hubby thinks we should be allowed to taser stupid people, in the hope that it will jolt some sense into them. He also thinks that a random contestant on the show Chopped should be given a taser and allowed to use it on the judge of their choosing when they lose. I think he just has a thing for tasers.

Hubby's grandma was 102 when she died. Her filter stopped working long before then. We spent a fortune on tips when taking her out to eat. I still cringe when I think of things she said. Most people were very sweet about it. Some, not so much.

It is so lovely to see Gwamma out and about!!!! I miss her so much when she is too busy.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma we all have missed you!!!!!!! Hope you were having fun!!!!!

I loved that clip form 5 Easy Pieces, Jack of course is classic but that women with the long brown hair, she is so great!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Hubby thinks we should be allowed to taser stupid people, in the hope that it will jolt some sense into them. He also thinks that a random contestant on the show Chopped should be given a taser and allowed to use it on the judge of their choosing when they lose. I think he just has a thing for tasers.

Hubby's grandma was 102 when she died. Her filter stopped working long before then. We spent a fortune on tips when taking her out to eat. I still cringe when I think of things she said. Most people were very sweet about it. Some, not so much.

It is so lovely to see Gwamma out and about!!!! I miss her so much when she is too busy.
    I think your hubby might be on to something. My "screw you" moments Chopped occur when they change gears on a contestant for no apparent reason. "You're being too safe." So the poor slob does something outrageous for the next course. "This might be a little too outside the box." That's when I want to b*tchslap Guarnaschelli, whom I used to love, right into tomorrow.

My fave old people thing is in grocery stores. "Let's get that." "You don't eat that." "Don't tell me what I eat." "We're not getting that." "The reason I don't ever eat that is that you never buy it!" Both of them about a foot shorter than they were in their 20s and looking a lot like one another. I always watch surreptitiously.

B*tch-lite