Page 189 of 263 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2626

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 189

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cat poo beer is an definite no, no, for sure, I've drank enough shit beer in me time to not imbibe the real thing....And why have I never seen haggis flavoured crisps before, genius....Those two news stories are classic, but saying that, looking at the size of the 5lb burrito that Joey 'Jaws' Chestnut demolished on that episode of Man v Food, I could possibly believe it....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good morning! After a week of relatively normal sleep, the insomnia got me. I woke up about 10:30am. Blurgh.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Why, when I see that sweet kitty cuddled with that thing, is it all I can think of is that I hope it was washed first so kitty doesn't get cooties?

I am still over weight but I have dropped from a size 20 to a 14. Some days I feel hot and some days I feel like I am still that obese but then I have to remind myself my weight does not define me or make me a bad person. I think, most of the time, we are our worst and toughest critics. Of course, it doesn't help when you know that there are people that think they are better than you merely because they are thin. Of well. My dogs love me.

Speaking of dogs, they can get laryngitis. They can also suffer from a paralyzed larynx, which can make them sound like a barking seal if it is advanced. It is common in Labs. One of my late Labs had a mild case of it.

Burrito, baby? Sounds like a reasonable mistake to make. Stuff like that soooo rarely happens at Walmart.
    LOL on the cooties! I thought it was chocolate. (These are a few of my favorite things...)

I love you, too. It is a shame that too many people think the cover of the book tells all about the book. I am very critical of myself in some areas. From 20 to 14 is an excellent accomplishment. It's about when the steering wheel seems farther away even though no one has moved the seat back.

Poor puppy laryngitis! Logically, that's probably what I heard.

Walmart - where you can bet that someone will get trampled to death the day after Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Cat poo beer is an definite no, no, for sure, I've drank enough shit beer in me time to not imbibe the real thing....And why have I never seen haggis flavoured crisps before, genius....Those two news stories are classic, but saying that, looking at the size of the 5lb burrito that Joey 'Jaws' Chestnut demolished on that episode of Man v Food, I could possibly believe it....
    Ha! That's a colloquialism that translates on both sides of the pond.

It's funny, but I thought of you and doc when I saw those chips. Making a real haggis (without lungs because they're illegal here) is on my bucket list.

When I lived in SF, one of my apartments was a few blocks from a place that I think was named Mission Burrito. The size of the burritos was enough for two meals for a normal person. But I was young and eating one meal a day, so I'd pack one of those suckers down in one meal. I never really saw burritos that large again until the country started super sizing everything. And the Man v Food guy scares me. I have this gnawing feeling that he's going to drop dead on camera.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I woke up with a splitting headache this morning. Which is weird because except for the occasional sinus thing when seasons change, it rarely happens. Too little sleep from the insomnia? Maybe, but it never gave me a headache before. Alcohol? Nope, not for awhile.

I know Ė too few calories! Amazingly, with my love of chowing down larger than girl-sized amounts of food, Iíve eaten fewer than 800 calories two days in a row. I donít usually do more than one day of that low, and I think it made my head angry.

So, tonight Iím making a nice fatty ground lamb meatloaf with rice.

I need a new spatula. I melted my non-stick one. I didnít mind using it all bubbly and warped, but then the handle broke off, so now itís a bubbly, warped spatula, with a two-inch handle.

I liked Markís post today. A few things resonated with how I feel in general about nutrition.

"Upon making (or stealing) a kill, the homo sapiens in East Africa wasted nothing. Markings on bones indicate expert butchery. Meat was completely removed. Bones were stripped of marrow and smashed to get every last drop. Heads were prized for the ďfatty, nutrient-rich, energy-dense within-head food resources.Ē Adipose tissue and offal Ė all of it Ė was eaten. They werenít just eating eland loin, in other words, but utilizing everything.

Takeaway: Eating the entire animal isnít just economical, itís the kind of ďmeat consumptionĒ weíre strongly adapted to. Diverging from that may be problematic. Eating only muscle meat and eschewing the fat, bones, and offal is likely evolutionary discordant."

And this part,

"What went down hundreds of thousands of years ago in a far-off region in East Africa isnít just ďthe past,Ē after all. Itís our past. Itís our story. Your story. And even though there were and are many more stories still to come from other places and times, those first humans squinting into the sun as it dipped down below the edge of the known world, turning toward the fire and the dance and the feast, slurping up some freshwater mollusk or sharing a split, roasted femur with a pal or lover Ė they made us who we are today. Their everyday habits, their dietary choices, their responses to the demands of the day all unwittingly paved our way, for better or for worse.

Itís good to acknowledge that."

is kind of beautiful.

And finally. You know how sometimes magazines have these cute ways to make food look pretty for special occasions? And you know how sometimes itís a lot more difficult than you imagined it would be? You are not alone!

At least you can tell what these were supposed to be.

Perhaps my favorite because I can imagine this person finally saying, ď**** it!Ē
    Then walking away without decorating them.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I'm so very glad you're back. I didn't want to say anything before in case you disappeared again.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Thank you, badgergirl!
    I've been loving your writing recently - the stories are so great!

I should fix my sign...

B*tch-lite

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Happy to see your journal resurrected, Joanie. It was a sad day when a few internet dissenters led you to feeling you had to abandon it. I see you as the kind of gal I'd be happy to share my vodka with .

When I was in Galveston last month, we went to one of those tropical rainforest garden pavilions, the sort of glass enclosed pyramid types of things. I spied a lone sloth hanging high in the trees, sleeping of course. And I thought of Joanie. I'll see if I still have the photo on my phone, though it was high up and likely rather hard to see.

Anyway, great to see new weird stuff to ponder on here!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Thank you, badgergirl!
    I've been loving your writing recently - the stories are so great!

I should fix my sign...

'Bout damn time you fixed that!....

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    And the Man v Food guy scares me. I have this gnawing feeling that he's going to drop dead on camera.
    I did used to watch him and think that if he was paying into a pension it was a waste of money....

I need a new spatula. I melted my non-stick one. I didnít mind using it all bubbly and warped, but then the handle broke off, so now itís a bubbly, warped spatula, with a two-inch handle.

And finally. You know how sometimes magazines have these cute ways to make food look pretty for special occasions? And you know how sometimes itís a lot more difficult than you imagined it would be? You are not alone!
    What a waste of a good spatula, couldn't you have Heath Robinsoned some sort of handle to keep it going....as the oldest joke in the world goes, had me broom for years, it's only had 4 new handles and 7 new heads....

That middle thing made me laugh the most....but I do doft me cap to the hatching chick effort, just for sheer perserverance!

Likin' the revamped sign....

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    (images of undecorated eggsposions) (DOH)
    AHAHAHAHAH I'm glad you're back!

Also, those still look delicious...

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Happy to see your journal resurrected, Joanie. It was a sad day when a few internet dissenters led you to feeling you had to abandon it. I see you as the kind of gal I'd be happy to share my vodka with .

When I was in Galveston last month, we went to one of those tropical rainforest garden pavilions, the sort of glass enclosed pyramid types of things. I spied a lone sloth hanging high in the trees, sleeping of course. And I thought of Joanie. I'll see if I still have the photo on my phone, though it was high up and likely rather hard to see.

Anyway, great to see new weird stuff to ponder on here!
    Thank you, Greensprout! I have such a bad temper sometimes, and I had to slow down visiting a place that led me to give in to it. I'm like the placid bull in a field. 99% of the time, I'm just mellow and loving life. But I can turn back into the 20something year old b*tch I was when the right buttons are pressed and I forget to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    'Bout damn time you fixed that!....
    A black marker, duct tape, and a can of WD40 can fix 90% of all things that need fixing. *chuckle*

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I did used to watch him and think that if he was paying into a pension it was a waste of money....

What a waste of a good spatula, couldn't you have Heath Robinsoned some sort of handle to keep it going....as the oldest joke in the world goes, had me broom for years, it's only had 4 new handles and 7 new heads....

That middle thing made me laugh the most....but I do doft me cap to the hatching chick effort, just for sheer perserverance!

Likin' the revamped sign....
    I still have the spatula. In fact I'm thinking that if the handle is in the current bag of garbage, I could super glue it back on.

The sheep are hilarious. I've made deviled eggs exactly once. While I have no problems with complicated recipes, tedium can drive me to distraction. Cutting a dozen eggs in half, then carefully scooping out the middle. Never (probably) again. I can't even imagine doing those scalloped edges - just kill me now.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    AHAHAHAHAH I'm glad you're back!

Also, those still look delicious...
    Especially the eggs. LOL. A little homemade mayo, half in the food processor and the other half rough chopped, a chopped up scallion... Plop it atop a tomato salad - just as good in half the time.

If I ever get sent to Purgatory, my time will no doubt be spent cutting the connective tissue out of beef heart, making deviled eggs, and standing on long lines to return a $4 item.

B*tch-lite