Page 188 of 347 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 3462

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 188

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Yay Joanie, you're back. A very happy St Patrick's Day to you too x

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I have missed your journal!

Some of those flavors just did not sound good to me but I gave up beer with the gluten intolerance thingie.

The worst: Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout by Wynkoop Brewing Company. Thinking that Rocky Mountain Oysters were bull balls, I had to wonder why I would want that in a beer? Do guys want ball flavored beers? Or is this marketed to those of the fairer sex? I had to look on their website and this is a small part of what they have to say about their ball beer:

A meaty foreign-style stout, Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout is made with Colorado base malts, roasted barley, seven specialty malts, Styrian Goldings hops, and 25 pounds of freshly sliced and roasted bull testicles.

Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout is an assertive, viscous stout with a rich brown/black color, a luscious mouthfeel and deep flavors of chocolate, espresso and nuts. The beer sports a savory, umami-like note and a roasty dry finish.

I wonder if it has a white foamy head? No thank you!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi Annie! *hugses*

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Yeah, I have missed your journal!

Some of those flavors just did not sound good to me but I gave up beer with the gluten intolerance thingie.

The worst: Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout by Wynkoop Brewing Company. Thinking that Rocky Mountain Oysters were bull balls, I had to wonder why I would want that in a beer? Do guys want ball flavored beers? Or is this marketed to those of the fairer sex? I had to look on their website and this is a small part of what they have to say about their ball beer:

A meaty foreign-style stout, Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout is made with Colorado base malts, roasted barley, seven specialty malts, Styrian Goldings hops, and 25 pounds of freshly sliced and roasted bull testicles.

Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout is an assertive, viscous stout with a rich brown/black color, a luscious mouthfeel and deep flavors of chocolate, espresso and nuts. The beer sports a savory, umami-like note and a roasty dry finish.

You're cracking me up today. (I'm stalking your posts today.) *chuckle*

I don't even want to think what 25 pounds of testicles looks like. Just the two lamb testicles in my freezer are kind of weird.

I'm not averse to posting the occasional silly post or weird photos, but I won't be doing the long stuff with anything personal. I mention that I like to drink, then every *expletive* with a grudge labels any post with which he doesn't agree as attributed to my drunkenness. Well, I like sex also, but that doesn't mean that when I post something controversial or obnoxious that I'm having an orgasm while posting.

Back to beer. Though mostly a seasonal thing for me - hot weather; cold beer - one thing I miss about OR is its devotion to the many offerings of microbreweries. One of my faves was a coconut flavored dark beer brewed in Hawaii. It came in a can (so my neurotic self had to pour it into a glass), and there was this whole spiel on it about how cans were better because they didn't let light in. It was such a faint taste of coconut that it wasn't overpowering.

The foamy head on that was beige.

Silly pic:

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    This cracked me up!

And Joanie, that cat picture! You two cheered me up!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Yeah.... yooze back! woo hoo!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    The day is only young here, but mine's already been made by a palooza post....even if it's only a brief resurrection, muchos grassy ass J....

Some of they beers sound right dodgy, I'm trying to get images of 'foamy' heads out of me mind....and that cat pics a beauty....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Some of they beers sound right dodgy, I'm trying to get images of 'foamy' heads out of me mind....and that cat pics a beauty....
    Yes they do.... foamy head images need brain bleach.... and who doesn't like pictures of cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    This cracked me up!

And Joanie, that cat picture! You two cheered me up!
    I'm glad to hear that! As an ex-class clown, I love to make people smile or laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Yeah.... yooze back! woo hoo!
    *smooch*

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    The day is only young here, but mine's already been made by a palooza post....even if it's only a brief resurrection, muchos grassy ass J....

Foamy head could be disconcerting...

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Yes they do.... foamy head images need brain bleach.... and who doesn't like pictures of cats?
    Everyone likes pics of cat!

I found this one online, with the caption, "This has everything the internet loves.":

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Afternoon coffee break. Where I ponder the meaning of life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit. (Yeah, yeah, I know.) Read journals. Enjoy my last cuppa for the day. Dark roasted. Little stove top espresso pot. A teaspoon of coconut oil. All blended to frothy delicious goodness. Often even better than my morning cup.

My question to myself: Why is it that I can see an overweight woman (like Tyne Daly for example), and think that sheís beautiful, but when I weighed 200+ pounds, all I wanted to do was hide from the world? [/serious]

Tuesday is my favorite night for TV, even if I donít get to see it Ďtil Wednesday morning. I came late to Supernatural because generally I donít like buddy type shows. But Sam and Dean Winchester have shown me the light. A little gore, some demons and monsters, and lots of humor Ė a great combo. The Originals took my favorite characters (except for Damon) out of Vampire Diaries and made a show where the spin-off, imo, is far better than the original. The only bummer is that I was looking forward to maybe doing some extra work for the show, only to learn that, while the story takes place in New Orleans, itís mostly filmed in Atlanta.

Something to munch on while sampling all the beers in the world:

Iíve been thinking about the beers. Iíve tasted fruity beers, and havenít found one that I like. Mostly they taste like fruity soda (no like) with a faint back taste of beer. Since coconut worked for me, maybe banana would. Iíd love to try the coffee flavored one because COFFEE.

For me, avocado is too mild to put in anything except guac. Avocado ice cream, pudding, etc., cover the taste with sugar. OTOH, maybe a grassy taste wouldnít be bad, so perhaps I was too judgey on the spirulina, and Iíd definitely try the kelp. Iíve had stout that is described as having chocolate notes and itís good. Oh, and Iíd definitely try the one made with hot peppers Ė if only to prove what a macho bad-assed woman I am. (ROFL at me being macho.)

Pizza beer? I have no idea. My first reaction is one of just shaking my head. Seems like pizza beer would ruin both the pizza and the beer. But Iím like that. I love hot dogs, and I like corn bread a lot, but I find corn dogs really distasteful.

Cat poo beer? No, just on principle. Domesticating civet cats just so that they can be force-fed coffee beans to poop out for our enjoyment seems mean. (Oops, that may have ventured back to serious. )

I may however, have to find some of the Rocky Mountain Oyster beer for when I finally get it up to take a whack at the lamb oysters in the freezer.

A couple of news clips that I found online that I thought were amusing:

You wouldnít think a mistake like that could be madeÖ

For those not from around these parts, itís Mississippi.

I hear a seal. Like down the block. Why would there be a seal in the middle of the city? Maybe itís just a dog with laryngitis? Can dogs get that?

B*tch-lite

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why, when I see that sweet kitty cuddled with that thing, is it all I can think of is that I hope it was washed first so kitty doesn't get cooties?

I am still over weight but I have dropped from a size 20 to a 14. Some days I feel hot and some days I feel like I am still that obese but then I have to remind myself my weight does not define me or make me a bad person. I think, most of the time, we are our worst and toughest critics. Of course, it doesn't help when you know that there are people that think they are better than you merely because they are thin. Of well. My dogs love me.

Speaking of dogs, they can get laryngitis. They can also suffer from a paralyzed larynx, which can make them sound like a barking seal if it is advanced. It is common in Labs. One of my late Labs had a mild case of it.

Burrito, baby? Sounds like a reasonable mistake to make. Stuff like that soooo rarely happens at Walmart.