Page 184 of 347 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3468

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 184

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I can't believe that a one day notice is legal. I know in California it isn't but we could be special with our protective tenant laws. Sadly, with the number of crappy landlords, they are needed. We were in an apartment for five months during our move and i hated it. They charged us $100 extra a month for the dogs and still tried to take out money from our deposit to clean the carpets. I had to remind them that was included in the non refundable pet fee we were paying. I hated renting.

I am glad it is warmer for you! We have rain! And there is more rain forecasted for the week!!!! Daisy is not happy but all my plants are. I could hear them singing!

I am too old for a night of drinking. We spent 6 hours in the City Friday night, hit two bars and a fancy mexican restaurant and was so sad yesterday. Today I feel human. Eating and drinking on someone else's dime is dangerous, especially if you have a ride home already set up. I know Sangria is deadly but I love a good Sangria. I started with vodka soda, graduated to Sangria, slowed down with a couple high end tequila drinks and finished with a lovely 20 year old port. And then I was wondering why I felt so yucky!

You catfish looks yummy! I love it. Did you dredge it in anything? I think I will have too see if I can find some. There was a weeks delay in slaughtering my hog so no pork until the end of the month. Circling big sad faces! The ham and bacon are to die for! I am going to get a few of the odd bites like the ears. Worse case scenario, the pups get them.
    It isn't legal. It's 10 days, though I think that's unfair since a tenant is supposed to give 30 when they move.

For me, wine is a killer the next day - especially red or sweet fortified wines. Still, drinking on someone else's dime doesn't suck.

No dredge. Just med-high covered in a pan with no oil, 'til flaky. Then in with the tomatoes, etc., and over the rice. Catfish is pretty forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Vh67 I think I am even more of a light weight than you. A couple of weeks ago I visited some girlfriends in Berkeley and one night I had 2 gin drinks and a couple hours later a glass of champagne, I felt pretty yucky during the night. I kept thinking I really over did it. Fortunately I recovered pretty well the next day. I think for me it's best not to mix drinks and even when I stick to wine, 2 glasses seems to be my maximum.
    I have to be careful with gin. Which is a shame since I love ice cold dry martinis. But I've learned that if I'm going to drink gin, I can't drink the bottom shelf - I have to go up a couple of shelves or die a little the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    This was pretty rare for me and I know the dangers of mixing alcohols so I deserved it. I am usually driving or having to be the good wife, so I have a two drink limit normally(less if I am driving,). Sangria should be illegal! And sadly, I want some now!
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Sangria is a wonder of the world (if you can get it made well). Considering two nights ago, I bow to your tequila prowess. I can drink whiskey/vodka all night, but tequila is a no go for me.

Hmm now I want sangria too...
    I want some now also!

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Speaking of Sangria and SF, many years ago we went to Cha Cha Cha in SF (in the Haight) as I recall I had too much Sangria and many tasty dishes, but boy was it good!
    I so miss the food scene of SF. I don't know the current stats, but when I lived there, it was estimated that there was one eatery for every four or five residents. Tons of variety and price points.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Cat fish, at first I thought it might have been another fridge experiment....

That sucks!

Well tickle me ass with a feather, was it, they kept that quiet....

I do believe his marbles have taken a vacation!

Having been to Russia and seen, how they drinks it and in what quantities, I reckons you're safe enough....There's an English printed paper in moscow, and every day you'd read 'x' amount in hospital and so many dead in vodka binge, after the country dwellers had brewed up some turpentine vodka, it was kind of comical....

And that dude who got intered on his Harley was cool!

Don't drink a lot of spirits, but I'm with you on tequila, evil it be....
    Fortunately, it tasted and smelled better than a fridge experiment! LOL

Yeah, my slum.. er... landlord is a schmuck. In all fairness, though, mostly when I've rented, there are yearly increases, so whatever. The people who got the $300 increase had been here for six years without an increase. I think if the brain trust that is landlord sat down and did a spreadsheet for the 10 units and how much he lost not doing small yearly increases, he'd probably pull out his hair.

I love the guy on the Harley! I wish I'd known him.

Not sure why y'all hate tequila as that's one that as long as it's really tequila (100% agave), I wake up pretty okay the next day. I wouldn't perform brain surgery, but I could most likely audit financials.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

A tad late...

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 09:57 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    This is out there, even for me, but I never understood the appeal of fisting until I gave birth, which (lucky me) was an intensely and physically challenging pleasurable experience (I know, not what our culture allows). After that experience (the combination of pleasure, pain and the satisfaction of achieving the seemingly impossible - the supreme endorphin rush) I think I get the idea/appeal of it. It's the difference between running a 5k and an ultramarathon, perhaps, but for some souls the ultra-marathon really is where the fun/excitement is.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    This is out there, even for me, but I never understood the appeal of fisting until I gave birth, which (lucky me) was an intensely and physically challenging pleasurable experience (I know, not what our culture allows). After that experience (the combination of pleasure, pain and the satisfaction of achieving the seemingly impossible - the supreme endorphin rush) I think I get the idea/appeal of it. It's the difference between running a 5k and an ultramarathon, perhaps, but for some souls the ultra-marathon really is where the fun/excitement is.
    You are only the second woman I've ever heard describe giving birth like that. Having never given birth nor fisted/been fisted, nor run much more than a couple of miles, I can't really totally get the appeal, but I do understand the accomplishment/endorphin rush, even when it exhausts you to do so. I ended up in the ER after the first time I took the CPA exam, but I'd passed two of the (then) four parts, so to me it was worth it.

B*tch-lite

February 3, 2014 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 09:57 PM.

B*tch-lite

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    We made our own sangria at a hookah restaurant thing I worked at. The shisha and food sucked, but the sangria was stellar. We just soaked sliced fruit in brandy and added that to the ends of bottles in a punch container. Served with a little soda and mint and basil. We used oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit, and I think strawberries or grapes with white and oranges and mixed berries with red.

God now I REALLY want sangria.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    The deal with the Tequila for me is that it makes me barf me boots up....

A bit TMI, I think I've mentioned it before, but I had a bulging disc about 13 years ago (which still gives I strife), went to the hospital and the doctor had to do a rectal exam, due to the nerves around disc controlling bowel function, well she only got a couple digits up there and that was enough for me....you got more chance of crapping in the Queens handbag than getting a whole fist up there, I can give you the tip....

That castaway dude was on our news, there do be a big dose of scepticism about what he's claiming....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    The deal with the Tequila for me is that it makes me barf me boots up....

A bit TMI, I think I've mentioned it before, but I had a bulging disc about 13 years ago (which still gives I strife), went to the hospital and the doctor had to do a rectal exam, due to the nerves around disc controlling bowel function, well she only got a couple digits up there and that was enough for me....you got more chance of crapping in the Queens handbag than getting a whole fist up there, I can give you the tip....
    I'm with ya on the To-Kill-Ya..... baaaaaaaad night in Puerto Rico..... can't even stomach the smell....

I guess rectal exams depend on which end you're on.... the do-er or the do-ee..... having been on both ends of that stick, I can honestly say that the do-er end is less..... messy?

Since we are on the subjec of things up the kilt, so to speak... colonoscopies... the best part is the drugs...... the worst part is the prep.... after the prep, the procedure is anti-climaxtic, but the drugs.... take a trip and never leave the farm! woo hoo!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    You're right, of course, a full fist would be pushing it.

*gets coat, leaves*
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You're right, of course, a full fist would be pushing it.

*gets coat, leaves*
    gives a whole new meaning to the term "Ham handed"......