Page 178 of 278 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2772

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 178

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Regarding the water rationing, there is a hefty fine if you go over, but it sounds like the city is willing to work with people. They are checking the meters more often and they talk to the folks who are using over the limit. If a household has more than 4, they allow 50 gal extra per person, but you have to let the city know. Unfortunately there is no provision for "water credit", it just means we extend the amount of days we have left in our water supply. Yes, they are counting the days, a pretty scary thought.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I was being a smartazz.... It's just my nature...
    I did get that you were being a smart tushy. And it is one of the things we love about you, especially in those tights!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Regarding the water rationing, there is a hefty fine if you go over, but it sounds like the city is willing to work with people. They are checking the meters more often and they talk to the folks who are using over the limit. If a household has more than 4, they allow 50 gal extra per person, but you have to let the city know. Unfortunately there is no provision for "water credit", it just means we extend the amount of days we have left in our water supply. Yes, they are counting the days, a pretty scary thought.
    Wow, that is very tough! It's been so many years since I directly paid a water bill. My old condo was converted townhouses, so the water bill was factored into the dues. I have no idea how much I use. I'm trying to picture 50 gallons in my mind, but 50 gallon bottles are hard to convert mentally into water coming out of the faucets/shower.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I did get that you were being a smart tushy. And it is one of the things we love about you, especially in those tights!
    Smart tushy - hahahaha. +1 on da love.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Wow, that is very tough! It's been so many years since I directly paid a water bill. My old condo was converted townhouses, so the water bill was factored into the dues. I have no idea how much I use. I'm trying to picture 50 gallons in my mind, but 50 gallon bottles are hard to convert mentally into water coming out of the faucets/shower.
    10 water cooler bottles is 50 gallons

The weekend posts - late

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 08:51 PM.

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    10 water cooler bottles is 50 gallons
    My brain thinks that seems like less than 50 one-gallon bottles. I have trouble visualizing space and size.

Because of how often I was told that this: ________________________________ = eight inches.

B*tch-lite

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    My brain thinks that seems like less than 50 one-gallon bottles. I have trouble visualizing space and size.

Because of how often I was told that this: ________________________________ = eight inches.
    You aren't suggesting guys lie about stuff, are you?

Thank goodness we are not having to ration that severely. Our water district asked for a voluntary 20% reduction in use. I just read in the paper, (yes, some of us still get a real paper!) that my water district spent the last 20 years building and paying for a canel from a local river for an emergency water supply. They put the state on notice that they are going start pumping later this summer unless we get some real rain. On a happy note, we have a 30-50% chance of rain later this week, at least as of today.

Large cruise ships don't seem that fun and then add the risk of being on a sick ship? No, thank you. SIL is going on a cruise on a smaller ship (60 people) this summer to the Galápagos Islands that sounds fun and would be more my speed. I am a little jealous.

I forgot to add that I tried kumquats! I don't think mine were completely ripe as they are getting juicier each day. I did not really like them at first, the texture was odd and they were dry. I have had a couple a day and they are getting juicier. I am getting used to the feel of eating the peel. I am starting to like them more as they ripen. They are definitely an interesting mix of sweet, sour and bitter with several different textures.
    Last edited by vh67; 01-27-2014 at 09:30 AM.

You aren't suggesting guys lie about stuff, are you?
    Moi?

Thank goodness we are not having to ration that severely. Our water district asked for a voluntary 20% reduction in use. I just read in the paper, (yes, some of us still get a real paper!) that my water district spent the last 20 years building and paying for a canel from a local river for an emergency water supply. They put the state on notice that they are going start pumping later this summer unless we get some real rain. On a happy note, we have a 30-50% chance of rain later this week, at least as of today.

Large cruise ships don't seem that fun and then add the risk of being on a sick ship? No, thank you. SIL is going on a cruise on a smaller ship (60 people) this summer to the Galápagos Islands that sounds fun and would be more my speed. I am a little jealous.

I forgot to add that I tried kumquats! I don't think mine were completely ripe as they are getting juicier each day. I did not really like them at first, the texture was odd and they were dry. I have had a couple a day and they are getting juicier. I am getting used to the feel of eating the peel. I am starting to like them more as they ripen. They are definitely an interesting mix of sweet, sour and bitter with several different textures.
    Yay to paper papers and rain! Reading paper papers when it rains, even. Smart idea on the pre-planning of using water from the river.

I'm jealous of your SIL also. I'd love to see a blue footed booby somewhere other than a photo.

I've been loving the kumquats lately, but occasionally I bite into one that's so sour that it makes my right eye close a little. I think there are two kinds - one is a bit oval, and the other is rounder. I had never seen the round ones until this supplier/grower. An acquired taste maybe. It still cracks me up that the first time I tried avocado, I thought it was the most disgusting plant I'd ever tasted. Now I love them enough to just eat them plain with a spoon.

B*tch-lite

January 27, 2014 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 08:52 PM.

B*tch-lite