Page 177 of 256 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2558

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 177

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    You inspire me to be a better person. As to Timber Hawkeye - if it is his real name, I'm guessing his parents were fond of trees and M*A*S*H. *chuckle*
    C;

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    • Black bean tostadas with pickled veggies and Cajun bean dip yes, a room full of men drinking beer and eating beans is exactly what I want on game day. Can someone open a window, please?
    • Caramelized Onion Dip it takes a special talent to include tofu in a dip.
    0_0

O__o
    Last edited by RittenRemedy; 01-25-2014 at 08:40 AM.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Those cataracts would be pretty if they were not cataracts.

The weather here is crazy too. We have recording breaking warm temps during the day and freezing temps at night. And my yard is as dry as it is in summer. I am having to water. It is unheard of to have to water in January. Nice thing is during the day, no heater is needed but I am spending more on water. They want us to cut back 20% but in January, I normally use very little water. And I need to keep my back lawn healthy because otherwise the moles and gophers will starve! We are letting the front lawn die since you can't see it from the street and I think lawns are a waste of resources and space.

Who cares about the Super Bowl! I need snacks for the Puppy Bowl! It is going to more exciting and the players are way cuter!

I think they need to use vets to do the lethal injections because they seem to have it down. I have been there for three of my dogs being put to sleep and while it was devastating, it was fast and painless. That is how I want to go. I took a class on the death penalty in college and while I support it in theory, we humans screw it up. It is much more cost effective to do life without parole than the death penalty. Plus when the state screws it up as they have been known to in couple other states, you can fix it a little easier. Of course, my idea of what the prison with all the lifers looks like is a little different than what we have today.

There is so much crap science out there, even on this site and so little that we actually know that I am just going to stop worrying about much other than eating the foods that I know are healthy and avoiding the one I know aren't. Just eating simple and tasty foods without worrying about anything other than how I am feeling. It is too easy to forget it is just food and to micromanage the fun out of it. And food should be fun!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    C;

0_0

O__o
    I'm speechless. I really don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post

The weather here is crazy too. We have recording breaking warm temps during the day and freezing temps at night. And my yard is as dry as it is in summer. I am having to water. It is unheard of to have to water in January. Nice thing is during the day, no heater is needed but I am spending more on water. They want us to cut back 20% but in January, I normally use very little water. And I need to keep my back lawn healthy because otherwise the moles and gophers will starve! We are letting the front lawn die since you can't see it from the street and I think lawns are a waste of resources and space.

Who cares about the Super Bowl! I need snacks for the Puppy Bowl! It is going to more exciting and the players are way cuter!

I think they need to use vets to do the lethal injections because they seem to have it down. I have been there for three of my dogs being put to sleep and while it was devastating, it was fast and painless. That is how I want to go. I took a class on the death penalty in college and while I support it in theory, we humans screw it up. It is much more cost effective to do life without parole than the death penalty. Plus when the state screws it up as they have been known to in couple other states, you can fix it a little easier. Of course, my idea of what the prison with all the lifers looks like is a little different than what we have today.

There is so much crap science out there, even on this site and so little that we actually know that I am just going to stop worrying about much other than eating the foods that I know are healthy and avoiding the one I know aren't. Just eating simple and tasty foods without worrying about anything other than how I am feeling. It is too easy to forget it is just food and to micromanage the fun out of it. And food should be fun!
    My brain is recollecting back to a couple of city women who would pee in bottles, then used it on half of their tomato plants. They claimed that it made a little bit of positive difference to the plants, but that it wasn't worth the hassle. OTOH, during a drought, it might be worth it to recycle that water. It was fun going to the bathroom at their house - they had little bottles and a sign asking for donations next to the toilet.

There's a Puppy Bowl? :::Jotting this down to google.:::

Someone once had the idea to hospice some of the very old inmates to make room in the jails. Old Sparky (FL's old electric chair) comes to mind for states that can screw up an execution. Vets are very smart folks. It's harder to get into vet school because not every state has one, and they have to learn more than one kind of anatomy. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but once upon a time, in a state of emergency, a vet can work on people. I don't think doctors can ever work on animals, though I sure wouldn't call the authorities if a doc helped me birth some kittens or a calf.

+1 on Food should be fun! I still haven't tried the lamb tongue (not scary at all since I've had beef tongue) nor the lamb testicles (a little scary but fun-scary) that are in my freezer. I just got a ton of potato flour in to try to make gluten free gnocchi, so I can use that to dredge the testicles before frying. That should be fun.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

I dredged my liver in some baking mix I have (potato, rice and tapioca flour) and it was so good! I put some curry powder in the mix based on your recipes. I saw lamb testes on Chopped. I was surprised at how big they were. Of course, most of the people I knew band castrated their lambs and goats so i rarely saw the real thing on a youngin. I used to feel guilty when we did it but it only hurt of a little while. I think we should use band castrators more often in life and maybe our prisons would be less full.

I don't think I would like pee pee tomatoes! I have a big bath tub and I was suggesting to Hubby that we figure out how to drain it into a barrel to use outside. He may think I am a little crazy or crazier than he thought before. We have half an acre so even letting the lawn die, there is lots to water. I have a lot of drought resistant plants but I also have lots of fruit trees.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL;1409067
    There's a Puppy Bowl? [I
    :::Jotting this down to google.:::[/I]

... so I can use that to dredge the testicles before frying. That should be fun.
    Yes Virginia, there is a Puppy Bowl... it usually has water and kibble in it.....

This dredging thing and frying of testicles gives me the nervous riggors!

Puppy Bowl: Animal Planet

Puppy Bowl! Not puppy bowls.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I don't think I would like pee pee tomatoes! I have a big bath tub and I was suggesting to Hubby that we figure out how to drain it into a barrel to use outside. He may think I am a little crazy or crazier than he thought before. We have half an acre so even letting the lawn die, there is lots to water. I have a lot of drought resistant plants but I also have lots of fruit trees.
    We have our washing machine hooked up to a greywater system, this means we can either drain it into the regular sewer system or channel it out to our yard. It's set up to water our fruit trees. Of course you have to use safe laundry soap. If I need to bleach something then I use the sewer option. We wanted to set our shower up to use the grey water but it didn't drain quite right.

We are on strict water rationing here, all outdoor watering has been suspended and household use is 150 gal a day for a family of 4. I keep looking at the extended forecast, it sometimes says 30% chance of rain 7 days away but as the day approaches the chance of rain disappears. And we are having record high temperatures 76 degrees yesterday with a low of 35.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member

I was being a smartazz.... It's just my nature...

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    I agree!

At least you've got the option, there are a host of herberts locked up over here who deserve to be put down!

Again, I agree!

I'm sure he earnt every penny of it, err.....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Never, I find that most surprising....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I dredged my liver in some baking mix I have (potato, rice and tapioca flour) and it was so good! I put some curry powder in the mix based on your recipes. I saw lamb testes on Chopped. I was surprised at how big they were. Of course, most of the people I knew band castrated their lambs and goats so i rarely saw the real thing on a youngin. I used to feel guilty when we did it but it only hurt of a little while. I think we should use band castrators more often in life and maybe our prisons would be less full.

Glad you liked the curry powder with the liver. I use it so often now that I buy it online by the pound. I used to think that curry made me nauseous, but now I realize that I used to often pair it with pineapple, and it's the pineapple that I can't eat a lot.

PeePee Tomatoes - the next great health find! Launching all sorts of heated debates on whether or not Grok peed on his produce!

Yes Virginia, there is a Puppy Bowl... it usually has water and kibble in it.....

This dredging thing and frying of testicles gives me the nervous riggors!
    My daddy told me I'd grow up to be a ball-buster, but I don't think he predicted that I'd yearn to fry them.

LOL! That looks adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    We have our washing machine hooked up to a greywater system, this means we can either drain it into the regular sewer system or channel it out to our yard. It's set up to water our fruit trees. Of course you have to use safe laundry soap. If I need to bleach something then I use the sewer option. We wanted to set our shower up to use the grey water but it didn't drain quite right.

We are on strict water rationing here, all outdoor watering has been suspended and household use is 150 gal a day for a family of 4. I keep looking at the extended forecast, it sometimes says 30% chance of rain 7 days away but as the day approaches the chance of rain disappears. And we are having record high temperatures 76 degrees yesterday with a low of 35.
    Is there a fine if you go over? Wiggle room? Credit for being under one month if you go over the next? I was always a renter when I lived in CA, so I never knew the ramifications for not following the guidelines.

That's a surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    At least you've got the option, there are a host of herberts locked up over here who deserve to be put down!

I'm sure he earnt every penny of it, err.....
    It is nice to have the option, but there's so much disparity in how much it's used, that it sadly gets used as a political tool rather than for excising a tumor on the ass of humanity.

If he brought $100M of value to the company, and they gave him a bonus based on that, I'd have no more problem with it than I would with any other bonus. But a company facing billions in fines shouldn't be padding its officers' pockets. It's such a public slap in the face to anyone who actually works for a living.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite