Page 176 of 324 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3233

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 176

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Thanks for the article on radioactive fish. I feel more reassured, you have to respect the folks from Wood's Hole they know what they are talking about.

Speaking of weather we have been having a 40 degree difference daily. This is just too weird. We are on water rationing.
    40 degrees is huge! I remember the first time I experienced water rationing - if it's yellow, then it's mellow, if it's brown, flush it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Welcome back J hope you enjoyed your sabatical, whatever you got up to! Will have to spend an hour or two doing a bit journal scouring....
    Thanks, Dave. Shouldn't take too long - contemplation is good for the soul, but it isn't much to write about.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Catfish is awesome! even if it is a bottom feeder.... but then again, so is flounder and lobster... YUM

I can personally testify to talking to God after 20 miles.... Basically pleading for the energy to finish the next 6....

Welcome back! Hope you didn't catch anything you need antibiotics for on your sabbatical.....
    It is amazing how some fish/seafood can turn sludge into yummy flesh.

I imagine that at 101, when you're talking to God, you're practically in his lap. hahaha

I remain pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    deleted double post...
    Twice the wisdom!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Welcome back, Joanie!

For your odd-but-cute animal picture collection, have an axolotl. Native to Mexico, these aquatic creatures are basically salamanders that never grew up. Call them the Peter Pans of the amphibian world. Also known as 'water monsters,' they're a neotenal species whose adult members never lose their gills, allowing them to remain perpetually underwater. They're also unique in that they can regenerate their limbs, including less vital parts of their brains.

For the squeeeee factor:

And because I'm a patriot even if our politicians aren't:

Goldie, those are wonderful. The Project is inspirational! It would be cool to have some of the attributes of an axolotl - I could use some of the brain cells I've burned back.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

January 23, 2014 (Thursday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 09:50 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    They heavy duty spammers have been giving some for the last few days now, wankers....

The way our winters going, my blood pressures gonna be rocketing....

Not sure if you've seen it before, but this was in our news the other day, bizarre!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    They heavy duty spammers have been giving some for the last few days now, wankers....

The way our winters going, my blood pressures gonna be rocketing....

Not sure if you've seen it before, but this was in our news the other day, bizarre!
    That paper sculptor is a mad genius! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe the exhibit will come to New Orleans.

B*tch-lite

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Joanie, I read this Jamie the Very Worst Missionary: Say anything. and thought of you and your "fishing" absence.

Joanie, I read this Jamie the Very Worst Missionary: Say anything. and thought of you and your "fishing" absence.
    Goldie, that was a great post - she's an observant woman. While there wasn't a whole lot of editing of emotions in my home as a child, we were taught to not say, "I hate you," or "You're stupid," no matter how elevated the argument got. Please and thank-you were also taught. I see so little of it now. I'm weak sometimes, and I retaliate. I absolutely hate that about myself (though I don't hate me LOL), and consider it a weakness.

Turning inward helps me to see the good in my surroundings. The older woman on the adult tricycle who doubled back because she thought I might need help (I didn't, but still). The small acts of others that show me there is still a bit of humanity in humans. And also, all the beauty in nature and even man-made constructs like cities. It's a restorative process.

I like Jamie's idea of not saying anything online that I wouldn't say in real life. In my case, however, that's still not much editing when I'm angry enough. LOL

B*tch-lite

I had a conversation with worker #1 in my cube yesterday. We were discussing a recent shuffle of responsibility, and talked about coworker #2 who'd gotten one of #1's duties. #2 is one of those fed employees who give the rest of us a bad name, but at any rate, I said, "(#2) can handle that, she doesn't have a lot of other things to do." And #1 agreed with me that #2 should be able to handle the shuffled duty.

Later, #1 came back to me and said, "Did you know (#2) was sitting in the next cube when were were talking about her?" --she acted horrified that #2 might have heard what we said. I said to #1, "I didn't say anything that I haven't already said to (#2's) face."

That's how I try to be, in person and online. I wouldn't talk about someone behind their back, or post something, that I wouldn't also say in person. I wish that was a rule that some others would follow! Just because you can't see the person in the next cube, or at the other end of the interwebs, doesn't mean that courtesy shouldn't be followed!

Heh, I found the quote I was looking for: "Treat EVERYONE with kindness (yes, even people who are rude to you), not because they are nice, but because YOU ARE!!" --Timber Hawkeye, author of "Buddhist Boot Camp"

(I wonder if that's his real name?)

I had a conversation with worker #1 in my cube yesterday. We were discussing a recent shuffle of responsibility, and talked about coworker #2 who'd gotten one of #1's duties. #2 is one of those fed employees who give the rest of us a bad name, but at any rate, I said, "(#2) can handle that, she doesn't have a lot of other things to do." And #1 agreed with me that #2 should be able to handle the shuffled duty.

Later, #1 came back to me and said, "Did you know (#2) was sitting in the next cube when were were talking about her?" --she acted horrified that #2 might have heard what we said. I said to #1, "I didn't say anything that I haven't already said to (#2's) face."

That's how I try to be, in person and online. I wouldn't talk about someone behind their back, or post something, that I wouldn't also say in person. I wish that was a rule that some others would follow! Just because you can't see the person in the next cube, or at the other end of the interwebs, doesn't mean that courtesy shouldn't be followed!
    I used to have a neighbor that was a horrible gossip. He would just tell me stuff about other neighbors that was none of my business (nor his). Eventually, I just would put up my hand and tell him to stop talking. I also started avoiding him and was so grateful when he moved.

Heh, I found the quote I was looking for: "Treat EVERYONE with kindness (yes, even people who are rude to you), not because they are nice, but because YOU ARE!!" --Timber Hawkeye, author of "Buddhist Boot Camp"

(I wonder if that's his real name?)
    You inspire me to be a better person. As to Timber Hawkeye - if it is his real name, I'm guessing his parents were fond of trees and M*A*S*H. *chuckle*

B*tch-lite

January 24, 2014 (Friday, but posted at MDA on Saturday)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Error in food description.

B*tch-lite