Page 175 of 341 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 3403

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 175

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Back and then some! Great to have you around again
    Thank you, badgergirl! **hugggggggs**
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    I am the happiest puppy in the pound! Days and days of Joanie!

That article on radioactive fish was interesting. I have been a little concerned about my pacific salmon. Now I feel a little better.

Do you have a muffin pan? I bet that work for your burger egg thing. Just shumsh the burger in the muffin tin like a pie crust. Then the egg on top.

The weather here has been beautiful but all wrong for January. It was in the seventies today and I had all my windows open. My fruit trees are budding, which is bad, very bad. We have had no real measurable rain this year yet. I am hoping for rain it none is one the horizon at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Yay J, thrilled that you are well and safe, i t'was getting a tweeney bit worried............
    Welcome home
    G x
    Aww, G - thank you! **hugses**

I can be a bit moody, but I always bounce back. Taurus/Scorpio rising = a moody pain in the ass.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Welcome back Joanie! It was getting lonely around here. It seemed like a lot of the regulars were MIA.
    Thank you and smooch! I was kind of at a point where I was biting my tongue (or in the case of a keyboard, biting my fingers) way too much here and in real life. I just needed a good talking to - so I talked to myself and sorted it out.

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I am the happiest puppy in the pound! Days and days of Joanie!

That article on radioactive fish was interesting. I have been a little concerned about my pacific salmon. Now I feel a little better.

Do you have a muffin pan? I bet that work for your burger egg thing. Just shumsh the burger in the muffin tin like a pie crust. Then the egg on top.

The weather here has been beautiful but all wrong for January. It was in the seventies today and I had all my windows open. My fruit trees are budding, which is bad, very bad. We have had no real measurable rain this year yet. I am hoping for rain it none is one the horizon at this point.
    Thanks, V - great to see you!

I rested a bit easier on the salmon also. Being both a calorie watcher and a cheapskate, I eat pink salmon, which is a small fish, coming in at about three pounds per fish (beheaded). I think I won't be making much fish stock anymore, though.

I hope the fruit trees don't freak out too much. That would be a drag. We're doing the almost 20 degree difference in one day thing here. Mid to high 50s, then all the way down to mid to high 30s. Weird winter for everyone.

B*tch-lite

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the article on radioactive fish. I feel more reassured, you have to respect the folks from Wood's Hole they know what they are talking about.

Speaking of weather we have been having a 40 degree difference daily. This is just too weird. We are on water rationing.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back J hope you enjoyed your sabatical, whatever you got up to! Will have to spend an hour or two doing a bit journal scouring....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Last night’s supper was awesome! I made a pan seared spice-coated catfish. I know: bottom feeder, ewww. Still, it’s a yummy bottom feeder, and at least I didn’t go out on a date with it. I had it over some rice. In fact, it was so good that I think I’ll have shrimp tonight done much the same way. Totally easy, and not worth a recipe. Put your favorite spices in a bag or container with a lid. Put in fish. Shake until fish are coated. Cook in either a very hot cast iron pan, or a hot lightly greased nonstick pan until flaky in the middle.

123456 reasons to change your password | My Sinchew – Kind of funny. The most popular password: 123456. The second most popular password: password.

Some insight into the FDA approval process: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/819529

A couple of animals in danger of extinction:

Extinction Shadows One-Quarter of All Sharks, Rays | Environment News Service
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/22/us...f=science&_r=0 - Bees.

Basic ratios for gnocchi: 1 kg potatoes (2.2 lbs) : 100 grams flour (~3.5 oz) : 1 large egg with a generous pinch of salt. A tip from an Italian Grandma: use half russet potatoes and half red potatoes.

It’s different for everyone. I admit with my whole brain that life without animal flesh would be much lower in quality than life with it. And I think that for me, based on what I ate naturally when just following my own wants, a meat/fish/foul diet is best. But it’s not necessarily best for everyone.

From here: Fauja Singh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , Fauja Singh is the oldest man to complete a marathon at 101 years of age. He won’t be listed in the Guinness Book of World Records because he can’t provide a birth certificate. He’s a vegetarian.

So, dude eats a bread (phulka) and lentils (dal) and doesn’t eat rice. He eats dairy.

But what’s more striking to me is his weight. At 5’8”, he weighs 115 pounds. Here at MDA, we’d be telling a woman of that height and weight that she had body dysmorphia or anorexia or any number of “expert” diagnoses.

Singh, however, must be calorically restricting to weigh only 115 pounds. Yet here at MDA, we eschew calorie restriction as down regulating metabolism and worse, making you skinny and unhealthy. Dude's 101.

Here are some differing opinions/research:

Nutrition & Metabolism | Full text | Caloric restriction favorably impacts metabolic and immune/inflammatory profiles in obese mice but curcumin/piperine consumption adds no further benefit
    https://www.fightaging.org/archives/...-and-yeast.php
    Calorie Restriction in Mice: Effects on Body Composition, Daily Activity, Metabolic Rate, Mitochondrial Reactive Oxygen Species Production, and Membrane Fatty Acid Composition

So, am I going to turn into a 1200 cal/day vegetarian? Not in this lifetime. I love my burgers too much. And salmon and squid and eggs and liver and lamb – oh my! But, I do believe in calorie restriction, whether chronic or 5:2 or the occasional 48 hour water fast. Because as much as I try to rationalize it, a food source that is readily available all day, every day, no matter the season, no matter the rainfall, just ain’t natural.

Oh, and humor perseverance must have something to do with longevity. From the above wiki reference, on running a marathon, Singh says:

Tuesday’s food: Coffee w/coconut oil. Catfish and rice. A chocolate espresso muffin (totally worth the subsequent gas).
    Catfish is awesome! even if it is a bottom feeder.... but then again, so is flounder and lobster... YUM

I can personally testify to talking to God after 20 miles.... Basically pleading for the energy to finish the next 6....

Welcome back! Hope you didn't catch anything you need antibiotics for on your sabbatical.....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    deleted double post...
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 01-23-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome back, Joanie!

For your odd-but-cute animal picture collection, have an axolotl. Native to Mexico, these aquatic creatures are basically salamanders that never grew up. Call them the Peter Pans of the amphibian world. Also known as 'water monsters,' they're a neotenal species whose adult members never lose their gills, allowing them to remain perpetually underwater. They're also unique in that they can regenerate their limbs, including less vital parts of their brains.

For the squeeeee factor:

And because I'm a patriot even if our politicians aren't: