Page 164 of 289 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2887

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 164

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

January 7, 2014 (Tuesday)

Shop Now
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 08:41 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    One of my local food places has just started to sell ground duck organs – gizzards, livers, and heart. They’re selling it as pet food. I’m thinking it will make a very interesting pâté. I can’t wait to try it. And you, dear journal, are the only one with whom I can share that. Because the people around me would just write it off as just another crackpot thing the lady in the back apartment does.
    Duck liver and orange or port pate is a form of ambrosia for me.

As I write this, it’s 25F (-4C) degrees. And yet by Saturday, they expect it to hit a high of 70F (21C) – is that weird, or is it me? (That was rhetorical.)
    That must be positively baltic where you lives....that's a fair temperature swing though, and no comment....

Darn it, so my plan to hawk, sprout, horseradish and gorgonzola smoothies as a diet drink looks scuppered....

On a serious note, if you haven't heard, sad news, Norfolk helicopter crash

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Joanie, those shrimp look awesome. I wonder if those spices would go well with the rabbit I have in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Duck liver and orange or port pate is a form of ambrosia for me.

That must be positively baltic where you lives....that's a fair temperature swing though, and no comment....

Darn it, so my plan to hawk, sprout, horseradish and gorgonzola smoothies as a diet drink looks scuppered....

On a serious note, if you haven't heard, sad news, Norfolk helicopter crash
    I googled both of the pates you mentioned, and both look totally awesome. I have some Satsuma (tangerine) Habanero Pepper Jelly, so I might make a pate with a bit of a kick.

The weather this year is freaky. Not sure why I'm surprised as odd weather seems to follow me. Hottest summer in years when I arrived. Now this, but I suppose now that I'm just a local.

LOL on the smoothie. Heck, if they can convince people that rubbing stuff on their thighs will help, I don't see why you can't market a bizarre smoothie.

I hadn't read about the helicopter crash. Sad. You don't hear about too many helicopter crashes - those guys/gals are trained hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Joanie, those shrimp look awesome. I wonder if those spices would go well with the rabbit I have in the fridge.
    Oddly, I've only had rabbit livers, but not rabbit. But I figure that curry powder and garlic powder can either hide an icky tasting meat, or enhance a good one, so no harm trying. My other go-to is anything tomato (sauce, fresh, chopped, paste) with basil (dried or fresh), and tons of garlic.

Please tell us how it came out. I've been searching for a good source of rabbit, and still haven't found one.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    I googled both of the pates you mentioned, and both look totally awesome. I have some Satsuma (tangerine) Habanero Pepper Jelly, so I might make a pate with a bit of a kick.
    With habanero's, now that sounds ding dong.

LOL on the smoothie. Heck, if they can convince people that rubbing stuff on their thighs will help, I don't see why you can't market a bizarre smoothie.
    Looking at they Darwin awards, it's gotta have a chance....

I hadn't read about the helicopter crash. Sad. You don't hear about too many helicopter crashes - those guys/gals are trained hardcore.
    And some, need big cojones to do what they do!

Oddly, I've only had rabbit livers, but not rabbit. But I figure that curry powder and garlic powder can either hide an icky tasting meat, or enhance a good one, so no harm trying. My other go-to is anything tomato (sauce, fresh, chopped, paste) with basil (dried or fresh), and tons of garlic.

Please tell us how it came out. I've been searching for a good source of rabbit, and still haven't found one.
    Bugs is good meat, never cooked it meself, but like it, my local butcher does whole rabbits, so might have to work something out....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Those shrimp look delish J. Another good combo is sweet chilly and lime!!!!!!!!! Brilliant

Youngest has shot me a few rabbits over the years, gutted, skinned and prepared them for me. When you are ready to try, i will send you my rabbit crockpot recipe. Its a butter/honey concoction, really really good, and rabbit tastes alot like chicken IMO
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    With habanero's, now that sounds ding dong.

Looking at they Darwin awards, it's gotta have a chance....

And some, need big cojones to do what they do!

Bugs is good meat, never cooked it meself, but like it, my local butcher does whole rabbits, so might have to work something out....
    One of the scariest (I'm a bit of a height wimp), but most fun things I ever did was a helicopter ride on the Big Island of Hawaii. The pilot had flown in Vietnam before going commercial. I totally had confidence in him.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Those shrimp look delish J. Another good combo is sweet chilly and lime!!!!!!!!! Brilliant

Youngest has shot me a few rabbits over the years, gutted, skinned and prepared them for me. When you are ready to try, i will send you my rabbit crockpot recipe. Its a butter/honey concoction, really really good, and rabbit tastes alot like chicken IMO
    That sounds like an awesome combination! And butter/honey is nothing to sneeze at either.

You reminded me of a special friend I had that had traveled a lot because he was military. He used to say, "Snake tastes like snake, dog tastes like dog, and chicken tastes like chicken." He was so easy going mostly, but that was a thing of his and it made me laugh. Still, I'm guessing that rabbit would work well in most chicken recipes.

My mistake was googling how rabbits here in the US are raised commercially. Worse than feedlots. I don't mind cages, but the conditions turned my stomach. So, I'm waiting for some humanely raised bunnies.

All this talk of rabbit... Added to To-Do list: search again for a source of rabbit.

B*tch-lite

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post

I'm ready

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    One of the scariest (I'm a bit of a height wimp), but most fun things I ever did was a helicopter ride on the Big Island of Hawaii. The pilot had flown in Vietnam before going commercial. I totally had confidence in him.
    One of the funnest things I've ever done was get a ride in a Pave Low (predecessor to the Pave Hawk). I got to dangle my feet out the back ramp going over the very countryside where this one just crashed. The problem with helos is that they can't glide to a landing when the engine quits.

And a boast of my son, who just passed the test to be an Army helo pilot. I'm very proud of him!

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    I'm ready
    Me too! Heck, if it tastes like chicken, I can make it with chicken 'til I find rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    One of the funnest things I've ever done was get a ride in a Pave Low (predecessor to the Pave Hawk). I got to dangle my feet out the back ramp going over the very countryside where this one just crashed. The problem with helos is that they can't glide to a landing when the engine quits.

And a boast of my son, who just passed the test to be an Army helo pilot. I'm very proud of him!
    Sounds like a fun ride. I've missed you around these parts! Congrats to your son! Your kids sound so good.

I've got bone broth going. It's stinking up my bedroom. Time to shut the door and set a timer.

B*tch-lite