Page 15 of 281 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 15

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Organic Valley, a face palm, and assorted other mind meanderings.

Shop Now
    A few weeks ago, I emailed Organic Valley about an article I’d read. Their total response is here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1154742 Also, my very first bitch/post in this journal was one of being purely pissed off at the squirrelly-ness of our food producers.

Some of the highlights of the OV response were:

None of our cows are allowed to consume any GE Cropps or GMO grains as it is prohibited in the Organic Program.

On January 27, 2011, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced their decision to fully deregulate Roundup Ready Alfalfa for commercial sale. This decision impacts our food security, the diversity of our agricultural system and consumer choice. The issue is especially critical for the growing organic dairy sector, through which many farmers rely on organic alfalfa for feed. We are deeply disappointed with the USDA's decision.

Organic Valley/CROPP Cooperative strongly opposes GMOs. GMOs are a continued trend in industrial agriculture, pushing the small family farmer off the farm with cheaper food and more expensive on-farm costs. The safety of GMOs is highly questionable. Worse, there is no labeling of products that use GMOs, so consumers cannot make choices in the market place.

The USDA's decision can only renew our commitment to fight GMOs. This will be a life long struggle for many of us, and one that we can never give up on. We will continue to explore all available legal and regulatory actions we can take to protect organic farmers and consumers, and develop ways to maintain the integrity of our products given this new decision.
    Rest of post deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-19-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    The only thing better than the banana slicer are the reviews on Amazon for the banana slicer.

For decades I have been trying to come up with an ideal way to slice a banana. "Use a knife!" they say. Well...my parole officer won't allow me to be around knives. "Shoot it with a gun!" Background check...HELLO! I had to resort to carefully attempt to slice those bananas with my bare hands. 99.9% of the time, I would get so frustrated that I just ended up squishing the fruit in my hands and throwing it against the wall in anger. Then, after a fit of banana-induced rage, my parole officer introduced me to this kitchen marvel and my life was changed. No longer consumed by seething anger and animosity towards thick-skinned yellow fruit, I was able to concentrate on my love of theatre and am writing a musical play about two lovers from rival gangs that just try to make it in the world. I think I'll call it South Side Story
    What can I say about the 571B Banana Slicer that hasn't already been said about the wheel, penicillin, or the iPhone.... this is one of the greatest inventions of all time. My husband and I would argue constantly over who had to cut the day's banana slices. It's one of those chores NO ONE wants to do! You know, the old "I spent the entire day rearing OUR children, maybe YOU can pitch in a little and cut these bananas?" and of course, "You think I have the energy to slave over your damn bananas? I worked a 12 hour shift just to come home to THIS?!" These are the things that can destroy an entire relationship. It got to the point where our children could sense the tension. The minute I heard our 6-year-old girl in her bedroom, re-enacting our daily banana fight with her Barbie dolls, I knew we had to make a change. That's when I found the 571B Banana Slicer. Our marriage has never been healthier, AND we've even incorporated it into our lovemaking. THANKS 571B BANANA SLICER!
    Once I figured out I had to peel the banana before using - it works much better.
    Ordering one for my nephew who's in the air force in California. He's been using an old slinky to slice his banana's. He should really enjoy this product!
    I tried the banana slicer and found it unacceptable. As shown in the picture, the slices is curved from left to right. All of my bananas are bent the other way.
    I can't believe anyone could be so inept as to think that they couldn't slice their bananas because they bent "the wrong way." All that person has to do is to buy the model 571C Banana Slicer that is for bananas that bend the other way. Although I prefer left-bending bananas, I got both the 571B and the 571C so that when shopping, I don't have to have the hassle of finding bananas with the correct polarity. I hope "Angle Was Wrong" sees the light and removes that harsh one-star rating for this indispensable product duo.
    The people at Hutzler claim the following regarding the Banana Slicer 571:

1) Faster, safer than using a knife
    2) Great for cereal
    3) Plastic, dishwasher safe
    4) Slice your banana with one quick motion
    5) Kids love slicing their own bananas

While several of these are true, I'd like to call attention to number 2, "great for cereal." This is completely moronic. I have been trying to eat my cereal with this for several hours now, and have gotten NO WHERE.
    I would rate this product as just okay. It's kind of cheaply made. But it works better than the hammer I've been using to slice my bananas.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ohhh I love the Amazon reviews... you can get ANYTHING on Amazon!!!

Have you seen this one...
    Amazon.com: Passion Natural Water-Based Lubricant - 55 Gallon: Health & Personal Care

Yes, that's a 55gallon drum of personal lubricant.
    The reviews are great!.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ohhh I love the Amazon reviews... you can get ANYTHING on Amazon!!!

Have you seen this one...
    Amazon.com: Passion Natural Water-Based Lubricant - 55 Gallon: Health & Personal Care

Yes, that's a 55gallon drum of personal lubricant.
    The reviews are great!.
    "Hazard for cats" oh god that's too much... Great stuff, Cori.

You're both cracking me up! Ombat, I love those reviews for the banana slicer.

Cori, my two faves for the 55 gal of lube:

As an older woman past the change, I find that I can't self lubricate down there like I used to. The tiny lotions and creams you buy at the store work, for a little while, but then I'm back to being dry again. Passion helps me to feel like a woman again. I simply hook the barrel up to waterpump and let it gently fill me all night long. For the next day, I feel like I'm 16 again.
    I bought this product with the intention of making the worlds greatest slip and slide. Of the two kids who tried it out, one was found across the state line, and the other we are still searching for. I still gave three stars, because besides the missing kids, it made for a pretty awesome slip and slide.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

B*tch-lite

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-19-2014 at 11:53 PM.

B*tch-lite

But it says right on the package "Cats love it!" LOL

Riiiiight.
    Just like they love tape on their feet.
    Not that I ever did that to my kitteh as a child. O=)
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    You guys are killing me. I will not make the mistake of opening this thread again with a full bladder! I just cried off what little makeup I had on. I wouldn't be surprised if my neighbors now think I'm in the middle of a mid-life crisis and am trying my hand at being a pothead.

Are all of those "items" and reviews for real? I haven't gotten to peek at any of the links yet.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson