Page 146 of 304 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3031

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 146

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Congratulations on your daughter's nursing school graduation! And surviving air travel. I haven't done it in a lot of years. I hear it's very different now.
    Thanks on both accounts! We're very proud of daughter; she graduated in the 89% percentile of her class while working full time! She was born to be a nurse, I remember even when she was a small child she liked anything gory. Luckily, gory stuff doesn't bother me, either!

The plane trip wasn't actually as bad as usual. It seems that somehow we got on the "TSA pre-screened" list so we didn't have to take our shoes off, or get the laptop out of the backpack. And the airport wasn't even crowded (yet).

The main thing I hate about plane trips is having to sit still for so long. My whole life I've heard, "will you quit fidgeting already?" LOL!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Thanks on both accounts! We're very proud of daughter; she graduated in the 89% percentile of her class while working full time! She was born to be a nurse, I remember even when she was a small child she liked anything gory. Luckily, gory stuff doesn't bother me, either!

The plane trip wasn't actually as bad as usual. It seems that somehow we got on the "TSA pre-screened" list so we didn't have to take our shoes off, or get the laptop out of the backpack. And the airport wasn't even crowded (yet).

The main thing I hate about plane trips is having to sit still for so long. My whole life I've heard, "will you quit fidgeting already?" LOL!
    That's awesome! Some folks might not get the achievement of working full time while going to school, but I appreciate it very much. You raised a good one. (Are there more? I haven't read about them, so brag here if you want - I love to hear about people's kids.)

As to fidgeting, since I'm sure I'm descended from sloths, that's never been a problem of mine. Periods of over-enthusiasm or -energy, yes, but I think the clinical term is manic.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Friday and Saturday

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 08:05 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I did not even notice that yesterday was the 13th. Maybe that explains my foul mood yesterday.

It sounds like you found a good place for you with your eating for the rest of the year. Sometimes it is good to take a step back.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I did not even notice that yesterday was the 13th. Maybe that explains my foul mood yesterday.

It sounds like you found a good place for you with your eating for the rest of the year. Sometimes it is good to take a step back.
    Yes, it's just a break. Or who knows? Maybe I'll be 80/20 for the rest of my life. Either way, girls just want to have fu-un.

B*tch-lite

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome! Some folks might not get the achievement of working full time while going to school, but I appreciate it very much. You raised a good one. (Are there more? I haven't read about them, so brag here if you want - I love to hear about people's kids.)
    I've got two other excellent ones!

My oldest, a son, is currently maritime law enforcement in the Coast Guard. He gets to rappel out of helicopters into drug running boats... etc. But he just passed the test to be an Army helicopter pilot, so he'll be going to 'chopper school in January or February.

Our other kid, youngest daughter, has her bachelor's degree and plans on getting more schooling to be a university-level English professor. Currently her further education plans are on hold while she supports her husband who's going through nursing school.

Our son is about 75% primal; the two girls are 95% paleo. All three are fitness freaks like their mom! All three kids are wonderful, Sweetie and I are proud of them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I've got two other excellent ones!

My oldest, a son, is currently maritime law enforcement in the Coast Guard. He gets to rappel out of helicopters into drug running boats... etc. But he just passed the test to be an Army helicopter pilot, so he'll be going to 'chopper school in January or February.

Our other kid, youngest daughter, has her bachelor's degree and plans on getting more schooling to be a university-level English professor. Currently her further education plans are on hold while she supports her husband who's going through nursing school.

Our son is about 75% primal; the two girls are 95% paleo. All three are fitness freaks like their mom! All three kids are wonderful, Sweetie and I are proud of them all!
    Three good ones! You have my admiration. I figure that since I didn't have any, I owe a bit of thanks to those who take the plunge and create good citizens.

B*tch-lite

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    But most of the thoughts were about life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit. End of year thoughts. Where do I want to be in six months, this time next year? It was nice, and something I can really only do when I walk. When I’m indoors, there’s always something to distract me. Whether it’s watching TV shows, or doing crossword puzzles, or exercising, or chores, it doesn’t afford me the kind of time I need to just be pensive. Even when I try indoors, I end up making lists. But when I do it when I walk, I make plans, I visualize what I want. I think it makes it more real to my brain.

Then when I get home I make a list.
    Joanie, I totally get the concept of pensive walking and end of year thoughts. I was feeling very blue today despite the gorgeousness of the weather. So I went for a nature walk, and found myself quite teary, but still it was very therapeutic. I just realised that I even made a couple of lists when I got home too. But they were just imminent to do lists - groceries and pre-Christmas tasks.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Hi Joanie! That's really about all I got this evening but always enjoy your blog so much.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Joanie, I totally get the concept of pensive walking and end of year thoughts. I was feeling very blue today despite the gorgeousness of the weather. So I went for a nature walk, and found myself quite teary, but still it was very therapeutic. I just realised that I even made a couple of lists when I got home too. But they were just imminent to do lists - groceries and pre-Christmas tasks.
    Annie, I have those teary walks also. But it's okay because I know that whatever brought it means I wasn't being distracted by busy-work type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Hi Joanie! That's really about all I got this evening but always enjoy your blog so much.
    Thank you! It's always good to see you. I know you're busy with your new promotion and your cutey patootey boyfriend. Lucky you!

B*tch-lite