Page 137 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2893

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 137

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Crawfish would be an awesome take on the Seven Fishes! I can get frozen, but the season isn't for a few months. You get spoiled down here for fresh.

You are always invited anytime - just give me enough notice to vacuum the floors. Being nearsighted, I rarely notice how bad they are 'til I glance at them when wearing my glasses.

Wrote that one down, V. I misspoke - used "champagne" as a generic term, but I usually buy the hometown bubbly. Hometown as in U.S./CA, not Louisiana. LOL
    yeah, good choice... "bubbly" in Cajun Country could b fermented Swamp Water......

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    yeah, good choice... "bubbly" in Cajun Country could b fermented Swamp Water......
    Fermented in wild, free range gator heads.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

December 4, 2013 (Wednesday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Fermented in wild, free range gator heads.
    sooooo totally primal that way! And you quaff this rich beverage from what vessel?

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Those undies would take the mystery out of it I think.
    It'd let you now when he's, err 'ready'...

sooooo totally primal that way! And you quaff this rich beverage from what vessel?
    Gotta be the bladder of something like a boar....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post

Or something like this...
    Cow Horn Drinking Horn | Viking Drinking Horn

theses are interesting....

Creature Cups | Uncrate

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    It’s funny how things can come back to bite you.

One of my favorite people on the planet and I are about as far away from each other in religious beliefs as two people can be. Unlike the internet, however, we can have discussions without calling each other names or disrespecting each other.

One of our discussions was that I felt the Catholic Church could do itself a big favor (in membership numbers) by being less rule driven and more love driven. It already has absolution, so love should be a good concept. I also felt it should relax its stance on birth control. Telling people to be fruitful and multiply was a great idea when the population of the planet was about the population of today’s Texas. But for Heaven’s sake, we were fruitful and we multiplied beyond all reason. Enough already.

He felt that when churches relax their stance too much, they lose the essence of (for a lack of a better word on my part) holiness and stop being the moral compass of the particular community. We went back and forth, neither of us changed our opinion, and our affection for each other didn’t wane.

There’s a point to this, I promise. So, now I’m reading about this “new” paleo which includes beans and maybe some whole grains. I’m no hundred-percenter. You can’t love distilled spirits as much as I and consider yourself a true cave girl. But heck, I don’t see any health benefits in adding beans and whole grains to the paleo model.

What I do see, and I can respect it from a business perspective, is profit motive. For all the people who “can’t give up bread,” or the people who need to do things all or nothing, the broader you make the guidelines, the more people can beat their chests and call themselves paleo. This creates a larger pool of consumers for the products that will surely come.

And you can see it in the thread. It’s more workable. It makes more sense. Blah blah. Exactly. Because eating paleo/primal is so restrictive what with the almost limitless types of animals and plants on the planet.

But an anteater in a white dress isn’t a bride. And if whole grains and legumes are included, it’s just healthy CW. Add back the whole “the carb curve is stupid,” group, and now it’s just almost healthy CW. Whatever.

So, now I get it. Sure the Catholic Church could become more lenient. And it would probably get a whole bunch of new parishioners who were looking for an easy fix. And lose a bunch who were willing to do the work. (I still disagree on the birth control though.
    Joanie, this is one of my favorite posts from you ever. Back when there was some thread discussing names and labels regarding Primal, this was - and still is - exactly my personal stance, but it is the metaphor I couldn't manage to bring together. Actually, it is also a super piece on conservative religion as well. Thank you for posting this, and to you and your friend for the conversation that caused it.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post

theses are interesting....

Creature Cups | Uncrate
    Those creature cups are too cute! Boar bladder sounds about right. You know, those Cajuns are industrious folks. They eat off the land, right down to the beavers and nutria. I'm sure they've come up with something one can dip into a gator head to get the delicious elixer. *cough*

Those cow horns are a smart idea. I've picked up a few skulls and horns in Mexico for almost nothing, then sold them to retailers for a nice profit, then they made a profit. IOW, that $25 horn probably started out at about $2.50 in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Joanie, this is one of my favorite posts from you ever. Back when there was some thread discussing names and labels regarding Primal, this was - and still is - exactly my personal stance, but it is the metaphor I couldn't manage to bring together. Actually, it is also a super piece on conservative religion as well. Thank you for posting this, and to you and your friend for the conversation that caused it.
    Thank you, Crabby, for such kind words.

B*tch-lite

December 5, 2013 (Thursday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 08:00 PM.

B*tch-lite