Page 133 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2595

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 133

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's a Sanskrit word, originally, for an armoured chariot. I sometimes tease husband that he's called our one, precious child 'tank'.

My perfectly ordinary name got me lots of attention in Greece for, lo, it is the Greek word for rabies.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    It's a Sanskrit word, originally, for an armoured chariot. I sometimes tease husband that he's called our one, precious child 'tank'.

My perfectly ordinary name got me lots of attention in Greece for, lo, it is the Greek word for rabies.
    Oh, both of those are too funny!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

vh67 is offline Senior Member

I love Small Boys name! Very manly and I can't imagine him wanting to change it when he grows up.

I had a dog named Sara once and a woman my husband grew up with told me that she hoped my dog died before her baby was born because she wanted to name her Sarah. She was certain she was having a girl and didn't want to name her after a dog. Thankfully she had a boy and we no longer see her.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    We named DS after hubby's grandfather and when DS was 3 he decided his name should end in an o. People assume we named DS after a famous folk singer, but the funny thing is that variation of the name never even occurred to us until DS said it.

I <3 small boy's name!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Names, so funny. I had to laugh while reading your post J. DH went to school with a guy called ian.p enis - what were his parents thinking!!!!!!! And then there is wayne king, wayne kerr, jenna taylor, cruel really, but they are all people we know.
    I so hope none of them are members of this forum, and read Joanies journal!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Names, so funny. I had to laugh while reading your post J. DH went to school with a guy called ian.p enis - what were his parents thinking!!!!!!! And then there is wayne king, wayne kerr, jenna taylor, cruel really, but they are all people we know.
    I so hope none of them are members of this forum, and read Joanies journal!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are both classical....

Some of the names on that link are also classical....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm loving all the name stories. I had to use Google Translate to hear what rabies sounded like in Greek. Such a pretty name and one of my favorites.

I was supposed to be Joanna and my middle name would have ended in "a" also. At the last minute, Mom got pissed at the whole family, took the "a" off my middle name, and shortened Joanna to Joan, nicknamed me Joni (for pop singer Joni James), then I put the Joan back into Joanie.

If it wasn't such a pain, I'd love to change it to Giovanna. Then take my maternal grandparents' surname. There'd be no mistaking my ethnicity then. *chuckle*
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Rules for naming girl Crabbcakes babies, circa end 1990's, arrived at after much debate, discussion and compromise between the mother and father...
    - multi-syllable, as in no "Ann" as the entire first name (nothing specific against the name Ann)
    - obviously feminine, as in no androgynous "Taylor"
    - nowhere on anybody's Top 100 baby names list, especially the Social Security list
    - not made-up, as in it has a traceable history of some length, as a name
    - recognizable to Americans (hubby didn't want a starkly German name)
    - and classic spelling

We mostly made it. Third has a name that has become somewhat popular according to the SSA list, dammit. It was soooo hard to name our girls, as we took this job extremely seriously, almost to the point of paralysis. I sometimes envy mothers who just name their kids the first thing they see on tv and the like, for the self-imposed stress they didn't have. But my girls have said that they love their names, and mostly they get compliments on them decently frequently, esp First and Fourth.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I named my daughters Kristin and Janis, partly because they both have good nicknames: Kris and Jan. Plus, it's easy to yell them out the back door when it's time for dinner.

Y'know what they call each other? Kay and Jay!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Rules for naming girl Crabbcakes babies, circa end 1990's, arrived at after much debate, discussion and compromise between the mother and father...
    - multi-syllable, as in no "Ann" as the entire first name (nothing specific against the name Ann)
    - obviously feminine, as in no androgynous "Taylor"
    - nowhere on anybody's Top 100 baby names list, especially the Social Security list
    - not made-up, as in it has a traceable history of some length, as a name
    - recognizable to Americans (hubby didn't want a starkly German name)
    - and classic spelling

We mostly made it. Third has a name that has become somewhat popular according to the SSA list, dammit. It was soooo hard to name our girls, as we took this job extremely seriously, almost to the point of paralysis. I sometimes envy mothers who just name their kids the first thing they see on tv and the like, for the self-imposed stress they didn't have. But my girls have said that they love their names, and mostly they get compliments on them decently frequently, esp First and Fourth.
    Sounds like your plan was a winner. You still like the names and so do the girls. Can't beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I named my daughters Kristin and Janis, partly because they both have good nicknames: Kris and Jan. Plus, it's easy to yell them out the back door when it's time for dinner.

Y'know what they call each other? Kay and Jay!
    I like those names a lot - especially the Joplin spelling of Janis. Kay and Jay are the perfect sibling nicknames.

I'm a family name type, so a daughter probably would have been Josephine for my grandmother, plus I like the nicknames Jo, Joey, and Josie just fine. Middle name would have been Marie as a take on the Virgin Mary.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite