Page 132 of 347 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3468

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 132

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I want a pair of these:

Converse Chuck TaylorŪ All StarŪ Dainty Ox Pink - 6pm.com

And BTW Joanie, 6pm.com is the clearance site for zappo.com.
    I love those!

I would love to buy shoes online, but for now, half the fun is watching the sales people bang their heads on the counter while I make a decision. I'm also not above going into a shoe store, trying on tons of shoes, then going home empty handed and finding the identical shoe online. I suck as a customer - except that I'm always polite.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    The three year old next door has a pair like these and I think they are so cool!

They light up when she dances around.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I wish they'd make those light-up-flashing shoes for adults. I would SO get some. And the ones with the built in roller skates--I'd get a pair of those, too.

At work we had one of those "get to know each other" things, and one of the exercises was to come up with our 6-word obituary. Mine was: "She liked to wear crazy shoes." Everyone agreed it was a good obit. My job has to do with airplane parts, so I wear jeans to work, and crazy shoes... I have a pair of Chuck Taylor's in blue plaid. And a pair of Puma's that are half black, half white with red trim. And sometimes I wear my Vibram 5-fingers to work (pink and black).

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    The three year old next door has a pair like these and I think they are so cool!

Sometimes kids get the best stuff. Those are awesome shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I wish they'd make those light-up-flashing shoes for adults. I would SO get some. And the ones with the built in roller skates--I'd get a pair of those, too.

At work we had one of those "get to know each other" things, and one of the exercises was to come up with our 6-word obituary. Mine was: "She liked to wear crazy shoes." Everyone agreed it was a good obit. My job has to do with airplane parts, so I wear jeans to work, and crazy shoes... I have a pair of Chuck Taylor's in blue plaid. And a pair of Puma's that are half black, half white with red trim. And sometimes I wear my Vibram 5-fingers to work (pink and black).
    I dread thinking what coworkers would have thought up for my obit. "She's crazy as a shithouse rat," would be my guess. I love the pink and black Vibrams.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Boring and a day late.

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 08:56 PM.

B*tch-lite

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    heres to a quick recovery J, x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Inspired by Canio and Baby Maverick

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 08:56 PM.

B*tch-lite

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    When I was in the hospital having my girls, I once asked the birth certificate lady for her war stories. She said she and the nurses had to really pitch long and hard to have an Indian mother stand up to her traditional family and change the name the grandfather had chosen as a first name from Ashit (ah-sheet) to something more Western and have Ashit as a middle name. The nurses were so worried about this child's future, as he was to be raised in the US.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    My child's first name is a chess piece and/or a bird (spelled the normal way). Husband chose it. No one, except my aunt*, has ever had a bad word to say about our choice, but reading these threads makes me nervous. His last name is our shared family name, we changed ours to match his after he was born (we were going to do it when we got married, but hadn't quite chosen a new family name then). His middle name is Apollo, because he is my sunshine.

*She looked at me strangely. I said he could change it if he wants to when he's older to which she replied: yes, he probably will. So far small boy LOVES his name, but that may well change. He's in a class of unusual names, so his doesn't stand out.

Also, you move country or work in a cosmopolitan area and you hear lots of unusual names (that are perfectly ordinary in the home country). I'm all for changing it up a little.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know which one you mean - Small Boy's name, and I honestly like it. As for my stories, I just think that Lemonjello is in a class by itself, the spelling of which just puts it over the top; and La-a's mom must honestly have been smoking everything in sight - that is some kind of puzzle, not a real name.

Don't worry - if Small Boy likes his name, that is all that really matters. His confidence will carry the day with anybody who might possibly be surprised/whatever.

First and Second have a swim teacher named Echo, and I honestly believe Second has short-listed that as a future baby name already.

I had discussions with hubby about possibly giving our kids a German name, but hubby absolutely nixed that as our kids were destined to be raised in the US, and hubby just didn't want our kids to have to pronounce and spell their exotic names for the seven-millionth time every day of their American lives - not that he thinks German names are weird. So two ended up with German middle names instead.

Have you ever seen the movie "Soapdish"?? Funny as hell, and the lead in the soap opera the movie is about is named "Bolt" - that cracks me up each and every time.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC