Page 131 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3017

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 131

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Thanks Joanie. DS was surprisingly satisfied with the turkey dinner he had, prednisone side effect apparently. I, on the other hand, have to avoid gluten so I took my turkey breast and mixed into a salad. Definitely the leanest low carb Thanksgiving I've ever had!
    Making a turkey salad was very resourceful. I was only in the hospital for four days (maybe five?) in my whole life, and when I saw the "menu," I asked my doctor if I could just eat from the breakfast menu. He said yes, put it in his orders, and I only ate scrambled eggs and chocolate pudding the whole time. And I vaguely remember a cheese sandwich on white bread from the nurse's station. It was long ago, and I wasn't aiming at healthy as much as just not getting food that looked like vomit. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    And don't forget the gold lame Keds...
    Haha! Perfect accessory for that outfit.

Wait... gold lame Keds. They make those? Maybe I'm more ready for Hometown Buffet than I thought - gold Keds sound kind of cool.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

November 29, 2013 (Friday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    J heres hoping you are feeling better today. Not so pleasent sprinting hither and tither in the middle of the night.
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Glad that GI thing was temporary!

Whoever you saw in the media getting physical during today's shopping, it wasn't me! I have been here all day, cooking the fixins I bought for TDay dinner just in case we couldn't go out. The worst thing about going out to eat on Thanksgiving, as I have discovered today - no leftovers!!! Which is why I am cooking turkey, stuffing, etc., today - I miss them!

Stay warm down there!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I think I saw one of them wearing a matching lavender outfit fromů
    Sorry J twas not me either................ This old Gwamma doesnt do matching lavender - matching black - yes, lavender - no

...small steps....

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Joanie, I just spotted Gold Keds with a wedge heel! Is the universe trying to tell us something?!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Looking up gold keds now.................

...small steps....

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Don't know if there are Keds brand gold lame specifically. But it's quite the understatement to say there are lots of retirees around here and some of those ladies sure love the sparkle. The older the more bling. I've seen LOTS of gold sneakers on that Keds style.

An idiotic story from prosecutor days (the short version) is that I lost a leash law trial to a little old lady in rhinestoned pants. Judge was clearly hypnotized...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    J heres hoping you are feeling better today. Not so pleasent sprinting hither and tither in the middle of the night.
    G x
    I guess the upside is the sprinting. Because I'm not going to sprint in public. Except maybe in the cemetery. That would be for the tourists. "What the hell spooked her?" heh

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Glad that GI thing was temporary!

Whoever you saw in the media getting physical during today's shopping, it wasn't me! I have been here all day, cooking the fixins I bought for TDay dinner just in case we couldn't go out. The worst thing about going out to eat on Thanksgiving, as I have discovered today - no leftovers!!! Which is why I am cooking turkey, stuffing, etc., today - I miss them!

Stay warm down there!
    It actually got normal for winter here. 56 degrees this afternoon. That I can like a lot. I'm with you on leftovers. That one article shows a turkey sandwich, then goes into a long tirade about how dry they are. But I remember those turkey sandwiches, and with a big scoop of cranberry sauce and a ton of mayo, they're delicious. I also used to make a mush by reheating bread stuffing, adding some chopped up pieces of turkey and then topping the whole thing with cranberry sauce. Yum (though ugly).

Sorry J twas not me either................ This old Gwamma doesnt do matching lavender - matching black - yes, lavender - no
    Good on you, G - we're in the same camp there. Lavender is a very specific color...
    for 90 year olds (lavender hair and poodle are just bonuses). hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Joanie, I just spotted Gold Keds with a wedge heel! Is the universe trying to tell us something?!
    Could be. I had a pair of platform saddle shoes in high school. I think it was those shoes that set me on the path of odd footwear.

Looking up gold keds now.................
    I'm going to see who owns Keds and put a couple of dollars in their stock.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Don't know if there are Keds brand gold lame specifically. But it's quite the understatement to say there are lots of retirees around here and some of those ladies sure love the sparkle. The older the more bling. I've seen LOTS of gold sneakers on that Keds style.

An idiotic story from prosecutor days (the short version) is that I lost a leash law trial to a little old lady in rhinestoned pants. Judge was clearly hypnotized...
    Wow - I'm impressed. Rhinestone pants - you have to figure that a little old lady in rhinestone pants deserves a little nulifying.

I've posted this before, but it seems apropos:

Warning
    by Jenny Joseph

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
    With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
    And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
    And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
    I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
    And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
    And run my stick along the public railings
    And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
    I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
    And pick flowers in other people's gardens
    And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
    And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
    Or only bread and pickle for a week
    And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
    And pay our rent and not swear in the street
    And set a good example for the children.
    We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
    So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
    When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

B*tch-lite

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I want a pair of these:

Converse Chuck Taylor« All Star« Dainty Ox Pink - 6pm.com

And BTW Joanie, 6pm.com is the clearance site for zappo.com.