Page 130 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2892

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 130

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

November 28, 2013 (Thanksgiving in the wee hours)

Primal Fuel
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014 at 04:41 AM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Part 2/2

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014 at 04:42 AM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I'm with you on Sylvio - you can't keep a good perv or a bad politician down for long.
    Absolutely, they ain't gonna do honest work to make some dough....

"series 11" - is that what we call "season 11?" If so, it might be. Seems like NCIS has been on forever. I do love the little Rudolph show - it's so old and the "claymation" (clay animation) is adorable by today's special effects standards, but I prefer Christmas stuff in December.
    Sorry, it is called seasons over your way, forgot that, we calls them series....I'm a bit of a NCIS addict, to be honest, could watch it all day! If it's 'season' 11, has Ziva gone yet (boo)?!

Agree with you on the Christmas thing as well, then we'll have the easter stuff starting soon....

It's not holiday season over here, but hope yourself and anyone else who reads this from over your way has a good one.

canio6 Guest
    IIRC Crackerbarrel became a restaurant in the late 1960s. I have also never seen one at the mall. I think you are perhaps thinking of 'Crate and Barrel' which is a different store. That said, I would not eat at either one on Thanksgiving. I would sure as heck put on matching lavendar pants and shirt to hit a buffet. :P

Happy Thanksgiving Joanie.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Loved the Smithsonian article. There are a lot of wild turkeys and folks that grow their own food where I live so if we had to an all hunted and traded Thanksgiving I think we'd do okay.

At the risk of sounding blasphemous I'll admit that I'm not crazy about Thanksgiving fare, by that I mean if I couldn't eat a good home cooked meal I would not go out of my way to eat at a chain restaurant. Having said that due to circumstances beyond my control I will not be having a home cooked T day meal. But I will at a later date; I have a small pastured turkey in my freezer and since hubby and son are very fond of the meal it will happen. Hubby made some acorn bread he wants to add to the stuffing along with local sage pork sausage; it should be tasty. Hubby also grew some winter squash he wants to use for pumpkin pie.

Did I miss something, did you say what you are doing for Thanksgiving?

Whatever you decide have a great time!
    Last edited by Urban Forager; 11-28-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I loved the article on the Real traditional thanksgiving. Unggggh I would kill for oysters right now.

Well, maybe not, guts are still rebelling from the starch experiment. Maybe I should postpone feeding the gut microbes until AFTER I've finished killing them with my SIBO treatment... So impatient...

The whole idea of "thanksgiving food" and "Christmas food" kinda makes me face palm. Why only have pumpkins in pie or Starbucks bread?! Pumpkins are awesome! And sweet taters and all that stuff. It's fall, ima eat what's good now and lust over it until it's fall again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Absolutely, they ain't gonna do honest work to make some dough....

Sorry, it is called seasons over your way, forgot that, we calls them series....I'm a bit of a NCIS addict, to be honest, could watch it all day! If it's 'season' 11, has Ziva gone yet (boo)?!

Agree with you on the Christmas thing as well, then we'll have the easter stuff starting soon....

It's not holiday season over here, but hope yourself and anyone else who reads this from over your way has a good one.
    Sadly, Ziva is gone - I liked her character a lot. I think the new woman they brought on is going to be interesting though. I got to NCIS late in the game, but I really like it. Mark Harmon makes me cringe a bit, but fortunately there are enough other characters that he doesn't ruin it for me.

Easter in December - sounds like a retailer's wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    IIRC Crackerbarrel became a restaurant in the late 1960s. I have also never seen one at the mall. I think you are perhaps thinking of 'Crate and Barrel' which is a different store. That said, I would not eat at either one on Thanksgiving. I would sure as heck put on matching lavendar pants and shirt to hit a buffet. :P

Happy Thanksgiving Joanie.
    You could be right on the Crate and Barrel - do they sell salami and cheese and stuff? LOL on the lavender for you. I think malls freak me out because it's too much input. I used to go see $2 movies during the day at a mall, and occasionally a companion would want to wander around. The smells and lighting make my brain spin.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Loved the Smithsonian article. There are a lot of wild turkeys and folks that grow their own food where I live so if we had to an all hunted and traded Thanksgiving I think we'd do okay.

At the risk of sounding blasphemous I'll admit that I'm not crazy about Thanksgiving fare, by that I mean if I couldn't eat a good home cooked meal I would not go out of my way to eat at a chain restaurant. Having said that due to circumstances beyond my control I will not be having a home cooked T day meal. But I will at a later date; I have a small pastured turkey in my freezer and since hubby and son are very fond of the meal it will happen. Hubby made some acorn bread he wants to add to the stuffing along with local sage pork sausage; it should be tasty. Hubby also grew some winter squash he wants to use for pumpkin pie.

Did I miss something, did you say what you are doing for Thanksgiving?

Whatever you decide have a great time!
    I hope your son is doing well. And being with the ones you love trumps any meal, really.

It stayed cold, so I stayed in. I made a whole salmon with a side of a sort of gooey take on shrimp fried rice. Then I took a nice nap to compensate for being awakened at 3am and staying awake. When I woke up, I went to grab my lemon water glass but got the vodka glass instead. That was a new experience. For as much as I like to drink, it's not something I do upon waking.

Much goodwill to you and your family this holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    I loved the article on the Real traditional thanksgiving. Unggggh I would kill for oysters right now.

Well, maybe not, guts are still rebelling from the starch experiment. Maybe I should postpone feeding the gut microbes until AFTER I've finished killing them with my SIBO treatment... So impatient...

The whole idea of "thanksgiving food" and "Christmas food" kinda makes me face palm. Why only have pumpkins in pie or Starbucks bread?! Pumpkins are awesome! And sweet taters and all that stuff. It's fall, ima eat what's good now and lust over it until it's fall again.
    Oysters are a favorite of mine also. I love raw, but they grill them a lot here, and those are also fantastic. Each restaurant usually has Rockefeller and their own individual take on the grilled type.

I get the face palm. Sometimes the traditional meal is good, but there's nothing wrong with mixing it up also. I like that canned pumpkin becomes a loss leader during the holiday season - it's a good food to stock up on for the Zombie Apocalypse. And canned pumpkin + broth + cream + curry spices = an easy, yummy soup.

Hope your digestive beasties get better soon and Happy Thanksgiving!

B*tch-lite

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Joanie. DS was surprisingly satisfied with the turkey dinner he had, prednisone side effect apparently. I, on the other hand, have to avoid gluten so I took my turkey breast and mixed into a salad. Definitely the leanest low carb Thanksgiving I've ever had!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

excursivey is offline Senior Member

I do love the little Rudolph show - it's so old and the "claymation" (clay animation) is adorable by today's special effects standards, but I prefer Christmas stuff in December.
    Amen seesta!!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Restaurants Open On Thanksgiving 2013: 12 National Chains Where You Can Eat On Turkey Day – Here are a list of chain eateries that are open on Thanksgiving.

While I do think that making reservations for a holiday meal can be one of the loveliest, most decadent ways to celebrate, I think spending Thanksgiving at Sizzler and the like will be saved for group outings with the other geezers when I’m safely ensconced at Dignity Village.

Honestly, I don’t mean to be rude, but Thanksgiving at Hometown Buffet sounds like one of those nightmares I have where I’m wearing a matching top and pants in lavender (from the Jaclyn Smith “collection”) while carrying a matching poodle with a rhinestone collar. Just kill me now.

And when the heck did Cracker Barrel become a restaurant – I really need to go to malls more often (not).

In this sentence, I pay homage to Anthony Bourdain for letting me know that I’m not the only 50+, cranky, black clothing wearing human who thinks that generiscaping, chain restaurants, and malls are about 80% of what’s wrong with the U.S.

Fun facts about Thanksgiving in the US:

• About 46 million turkeys ended up on the table last year. This was about 736 million pounds of turkey meat.
    • U.S. farmers also produced an estimated 768 million pounds of cranberries in 2012.
    • The U.S. grew 2.6 billion pounds of sweet potatoes, and produced more than 1.2 billion pounds of pumpkins.
    • In some homes, 2013's festivities will feature these traditional ingredients in some truly unusual recipes, thanks to the once-in-a-lifetime convergence of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah popularly dubbed "Thanksgivukkah."
    • Almost 39 million of about 317 million U.S. citizens will drive more than 50 miles (80 kilometers) from home for the 2013 holiday.
    • An additional 3.14 million travelers will fly to their holiday destinations, and 1.4 million others will use buses, trains, or other modes of travel.
    • The average Thanksgiving road trip for 2013 clocks in at just over 600 miles (966 kilometers).
    • The average American will consume 4,500 calories at Thanksgiving, according to new research from the Calorie Control Council. (Calorie Control Council – LOL)
    • The dinner itself will be ~3000 calories. The additional 1500 calories will be from chips, soda, other snacks, and alcohol.
    • The 4500 calories does not include any breakfast or late night snacking that may be done.

Because Thanksgiving wouldn’t have been Thanksgiving for my mom without the Macy’s Day Parade, a few facts about it:

• The tradition began in 1924 when employees recruited animals from the Central Park Zoo to march on Thanksgiving Day.
    • Helium-filled balloons made their debut in the parade in 1927 and, in the early years, were released above the city skyline with the promise of rewards for their finders.
    • The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, first televised nationally in 1947, now draws some 44 million viewers.
    • Those viewers do not include the three million people who actually line the 2.5-mile Manhattan route.

Sources: Thanksgiving 2013: What to Know About Turkey Day and The Thanksgiving dinner diet bust! How the average American will eat 4,500 calories and 229 grams of fat on Turkey Day | Mail Online

And a silly tradition that I used to like was the Thanksgiving episode of General Hospital because those wacky Quartermaines used to invariably do something to muck up their beautiful dinner and had to send out for pizza.

It almost seems silly to list yesterday’s food, but if I don’t do it, my OCD might kick in and I’ll end up rearranging my freezer or some other useless chore, so,

Wednesday’s food: Coffee with coconut oil and butter. The small wheel (4oz) of brie. Two burgers with salsa. Some ground beef cooked up with tomato sauce and salsa that I dipped pork rinds into. A hot buttered rum. A made up drink of vodka, lemon juice, a splash of water, and some basil simple syrup.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    And don't forget the gold lame Keds...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...