Page 128 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2131

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 128

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Well, actually, the world would be a better place if my ex-husband no longer...

Eh, nevermind. I wouldn't even want to feed that to the dogs, let alone a sushi-lover.

Maybe to a shark.
    LOL! I once heard that often, the things that attracted us to someone the first six weeks we knew them are the very things that make us leave them. Woman feeds ex's penis to sharks - police unable to retrieve evidence!

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I thought the jelly fish machine was so cool! I love watching jelly fish, they are so fluid and graceful.

Try feeding me a pack of cards piece of meat and see what happens. It won't be pretty. I can eat more of it than my 6'3" husband.

I wish you were right about the liberal plant because I would like to think that no one is that obtuse. Sadly, it probably isn't because he sounds just like my brother. Doc did make a good point about not all Tea Party people being screaming loons like that so I am going stop generalizing and apologize to Doc since I respect him and find him not to be a loon. I am going to take a break from that thread for a while. To quote one of my favorite comedians, "you cain't fix stupid". It sounds much better when Ron White says it.
    After Lewis Black, Ron White is the comedian with whom I'd most like to do evil despicable carnal activities. Not that I've thought about it much. He's hilarious, and no matter how many times I hear the tater tot routine, I LOL. But he's perfect physically - cigarette, booze, way tall enough to climb, and overweight (a big appetite for food = other big appetites in the JoaniePsyche).
    Last edited by JoanieL; 11-25-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: grammatical sloppiness
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    LOL - popped into your journal Joanie, and your last post reminded me of this article:

Archaeologists Officially Declare Collective Sigh Over Paleo Diet

Hope you're good
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    LOL - popped into your journal Joanie, and your last post reminded me of this article:

Archaeologists Officially Declare Collective Sigh Over Paleo Diet

Hope you're good
    Hi YB! Good to see you.

I went over to the linked full article, and it's some funny stuff. The end of it is totally logical and funny at the same time.

Back in the lobby, Dr. Hoyes was busily collecting signatures for an even stronger gesture than the sigh to be held at the conference next year. “Were thinking of something big,” she explained, “like a statue of a Cro-Magnon eating a baguette.” The room burst into applause at his news.

When asked what she would tell people who wished to pursue a true paleolithic diet, Dr. Hoyes laughed harshly before replying. ”You really want to be paleo? Then don’t buy anything from a store. Gather and kill what you need to eat. Wild grasses and tubers, acorns, gophers, crickets- They all provide a lot of nutrition. You’ll spend a lot of energy gathering the stuff, of course, and you’re going to be hungry, but that’ll help you maintain that lean physique you’re after. And hunting down the neighbor’s cats for dinner because you’ve already eaten your way through the local squirrel population will probably give you all the exercise you’ll ever need.”

Summing up what many considered to be the main point of the entire conference, she told reporters:

“Look, the diet itself is sound; it’s the philosophy that’s bullshit. Eat what you want. Just leave the damn cavemen out of it.”
    Source: Archaeologists Officially Declare Collective Sigh Over "Paleo Diet" | hell's ditch

I guess I can't get too upset if we are eating well, even though we tend to glorify Grok more than we should.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

November 25, 2013 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014 at 04:37 AM.

B*tch-lite

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Had to Goggle Tatsoi, something else I'd never heard of, oh well days not wasted if you've learnt something....

Joanie a wimpleflake, never! I'd bar hop 'till I found the one with the best fire....

And ya definately saved the most important news 'till last....

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I was traumatized by Brian's passing but I am a wimp when it comes to all dogs, real or not.

Rice is my favorite go to starch but I am super picky about the brand and type. My fave is Lundberg's Jasmine rice. That is very near my hometown and I grew up eating their rice because they were dirt cheap growing up. Now it is not so cheap but the Jasmine rice cooks up nice and fluffy. It also contains more of an enzyme that helps the rice break down properly in the intestines to feed the wee beasties that live in the dark. It helps with my IBS. Rinsing it helps reduce the arsenic but I don't worry too much about that.

I want to sound all cool and English like Dave. I can actually hear him talking in my head!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i just can't believe they'd kill him permanently. stewie can build time machines, he has multiple alternate stewies who still have their time machines, and brian was supposed to die by eating chocolate out of the garbage can

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    And facing this cold weather, I was going to ditch my get drunk in the Quarter for Tgiving, and go buy a duck. Then I remembered back to one neat Tgiving meal where we stuffed a salmon and I thought why brave the crowds when I have two beheaded whole salmon in the freezer as well as a pound of shrimp. I’m thinking maybe a surf and surf type thing. Salmon cooked whole in the oven like I usually do it, then some kind of shrimp/rice/(maybe sausage)/pesto thing as the dressing portion. I might not even drink (say whut?), but if I do, adding small amounts of the basil infused simple syrup to icy vodka shots will go well with the meal.

See how I tied the basil in the drinks to the pesto? I knew watching all those cooking and food/travel shows would teach me something.

I just realized that some folks reading this must be thinking I’m quite the wimp for thinking that weather in the 50s is a bit cool for bar hopping. But it could go down to the 30s on Thanksgiving evening. So, wimp I will be. Also, to contrast I think last year, I remember one of the guys who live here asking how anyone could not like southern weather when he was wearing a wife-beater tshirt on Christmas.
    Holy crap that sounds yummy!!

I'm with you on the cold. If it gets below 80 and the sun isn't shining ON me I tend to get a shiver...

Somehow I think Brian has GOT to be coming back...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Wait....

BRIAN IS DEAD?!

This is what I get for not having a TV and actually having to think about wanting to watch something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Had to Goggle Tatsoi, something else I'd never heard of, oh well days not wasted if you've learnt something....

Joanie a wimpleflake, never! I'd bar hop 'till I found the one with the best fire....

And ya definately saved the most important news 'till last....
    I'm sure there's a bar somewhere here with a fireplace, but remember, we're really really warm most of the year, and too hot for a couple of months - this cold weather is abnormal for us. Still, it's up in the air. I'm free as a bird. The decision to cook or bar hop can be left 'til the day of (though I do have to defrost that salmon).

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I was traumatized by Brian's passing but I am a wimp when it comes to all dogs, real or not.

Rice is my favorite go to starch but I am super picky about the brand and type. My fave is Lundberg's Jasmine rice. That is very near my hometown and I grew up eating their rice because they were dirt cheap growing up. Now it is not so cheap but the Jasmine rice cooks up nice and fluffy. It also contains more of an enzyme that helps the rice break down properly in the intestines to feed the wee beasties that live in the dark. It helps with my IBS. Rinsing it helps reduce the arsenic but I don't worry too much about that.

I want to sound all cool and English like Dave. I can actually hear him talking in my head!
    I can hear Dave also. Burly sexy dude. Feeding the wee beasties is important. I've written down Lundberg's.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i just can't believe they'd kill him permanently. stewie can build time machines, he has multiple alternate stewies who still have their time machines, and brian was supposed to die by eating chocolate out of the garbage can

I clicked on that even though after the dophin nipple thing I swore I'd never click on your youtubes again. It was very funny. A very good lesson in why we should never ask anyone to tell us what it is they don't like about us. heh

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Holy crap that sounds yummy!!

I'm with you on the cold. If it gets below 80 and the sun isn't shining ON me I tend to get a shiver...

Somehow I think Brian has GOT to be coming back...
    I'm actually loving this weather since I get to wear my black sweaters. Black sweater, jeans, flats, big sunglasses - it's the Jackie O in me. But shivering isn't fun either.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Wait....

BRIAN IS DEAD?!

This is what I get for not having a TV and actually having to think about wanting to watch something.
    Confession. I don't watch the show. I think I saw one episode and thought it was actually pretty funny. Not sure why I never tuned in again. Hulu carries it, so maybe I'll check it out to see what all the fuss was about.

B*tch-lite