Page 126 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2560

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 126

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Our FedEx guy is great. When I'm home, he'll bring the package to me along with two dog treats for our Goldens. They love the FedEx truck to show up! He calls them "lion dogs".

The UPS guy, on the other hand, leaves our packages at other people's houses. And we have our house address above the garage, facing the street, in foot-high characters. ???

Okay, Joanie, as promised... a pic of me chopping onions. I'm working on onion #5 and not a teardrop in sight!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think it just depends on the driver. For awhile, UPS was the good service here and Fed Ex sucked. Now Fed Ex finally has figured out that apartment bldgs have fronts and backs, and the UPS guy can't read. The thing is that with that kind of a job, no manager knows there's a problem unless the customer complains. Fortunately it's easy since they have websites.

There are so many under and unskilled people out of work - how do these schmucks get decent (though back-breaking) jobs?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Love the glasses! Such a smart solution!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I love Ron Swanson but he is flat out wrong on this one:

"Any dog under fifty pounds is a cat and cats are useless."

I have 12 lb terrier sitting on my lap at this moment and she is performing the very important job of keeping me warm!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Ha! That is a great picture!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    $5.99 pair of swimming goggles is the perfect protection when chopping onions!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Putting onions in the fridge works for me. I don't store them in the fridge, just toss a couple in there when I know I will need to finely dice a couple that are known to be very strong. I can forget that with sweet onion varieties - I am talking those deadly flattened Italian-German-Euro varieties. Those puppies are probably the source of some kind of military tear gas!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I love Ron Swanson but he is flat out wrong on this one:

"Any dog under fifty pounds is a cat and cats are useless."

I have 12 lb terrier sitting on my lap at this moment and she is performing the very important job of keeping me warm!
    Yes that got me also. Because cats aren't useless. They kill all kinds of stuff that might come into the house uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    $5.99 pair of swimming goggles is the perfect protection when chopping onions!
    It is awesome, and I think swimming goggles should now be considered part of a well-tooled kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Putting onions in the fridge works for me. I don't store them in the fridge, just toss a couple in there when I know I will need to finely dice a couple that are known to be very strong. I can forget that with sweet onion varieties - I am talking those deadly flattened Italian-German-Euro varieties. Those puppies are probably the source of some kind of military tear gas!
    I store everything in the fridge partially because of location, but even when I lived north I did it because feeding only one or two people, stuff goes bad before I can use it if I don't.

B*tch-lite

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Yes that got me also. Because cats aren't useless. They kill all kinds of stuff that might come into the house uninvited
    Agreed. My mom's friend cared for a feral cat on her property for its whole life. When it died, she started getting rats gnawing into her porch to eat the bird seed.

Though I still want a wolfhound lol.