Page 124 of 260 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2591

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 124

  1. #1231
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,009
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I think that Berlusconi was elected to the senate AFTER he was removed as dictator or Prime minister or what ever they call it in Italy for his misconduct. Pervy old dudes make my skin crawl.

    The only time I shop at Walmart is when I am in my hometown and only then because they put everyone else out of business. I try to bring everything I need so I don't have to go there when I visit family.

    I occasionally see a guy scream when discovering a dead body on tv but not as often as you see the women. Why scream unless it pops out of a closet. I found an obviously dead body once, kind of gross, gagged a little, left and called the police. It was a squatter in a foreclosed house in the deep 'hood, the kind of place you only go before all of the crack users and gang bangers wake up. The person I was with did not scream either. They always say that that is the worse smell in the world but sadly I can say a burned out Asian market in the middle of a summer heatwave smells worse because of all the rotting, smoky wet fish products. You learn so much working in Insurance!
    Dang, that's one thing I've never just come upon - a dead human. I've only seen them in antiseptic type surroundings. LOL on working in Insurance - I had no idea it was so interesting.

    One of the reasons I like the show Bones (beside David Boreanaz *pant pant*)* is that the deaths are often so bizarre and disgusting. CSI also.

    *He was *pant pant* squared when he played Angel.

    "Dictator" is one of my favorite words (and Bangkok).
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

  2. #1232
    vh67's Avatar
    vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post

    "Dictator" is one of my favorite words (and Bangkok).
    Now I know why I love you so...both those words make me giggle!

    Finding the body of a person I did not know did not really bother me but having someone commit suicide over a fraud investigation I was involved in was pretty devastating. It was a basically good person who followed one stupid act with an even more permanent stupid act. I spent the last 9 years of my insurance career involved in litigation related to suspected organized insurance fraud, which was pretty fun but makes you not trust anyone.

  3. #1233
    excursivey's Avatar
    excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    732
    I used to work in a nursing home way way way back when I was in high school. Once or twice I walked into a room and thought one of the residents had died and it freaked me out completely. In both cases they were just sleeping with their eyes open and were not dead.

    On the other hand I was sleeping in the same room with darling Husband the night he died and I woke up and could not hear him breathing, which he had been in a VERY labored way a few hours earlier, which is I guess often what happens. I went over and touched him and he was cool. I realized he was gone. Nothing freaky about it. He did look like he was sleeping. He looked like a little boy. He was so beautiful.

    Whoa. Sorry. Not sure where I was going with that. Just came out.
    Last edited by excursivey; 11-21-2013 at 08:57 PM.
    Breathe. Move forward.

    I just eat what I want...

  4. #1234
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    I went over and touched him and he was cool. I realized he was gone. Nothing freaky about it. He did look like he was sleeping. He looked like a little boy. He was so beautiful.
    Thank you. I hope when I have to deal with the death of a loved one close up I shall have a similar thought.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

  5. #1235
    vh67's Avatar
    vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post

    On the other hand I was sleeping in the same room with darling Husband the night he died and I woke up and could not hear him breathing, which he had been very in a VERY labored way a few hours earlier, which is I guess often what happens. I went over and touched him and he was cool. I realized he was gone. Nothing freaky about it. He did look like he was sleeping. He looked like a little boy. He was so beautiful. .
    That actually made me tear up but in a good way. It is wonderful to have that last memory of him and to know his soul left peacefully.

  6. #1236
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    That actually made me tear up but in a good way. It is wonderful to have that last memory of him and to know his soul left peacefully.
    dude's don't tear up, but there is definitely someone cutting onions near by...yes, that must be it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  7. #1237
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,711
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    dude's don't tear up, but there is definitely someone cutting onions near by...yes, that must be it.
    damned onions.... <wipe, wipe>

  8. #1238
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Thank you. I hope when I have to deal with the death of a loved one close up I shall have a similar thought.
    Held my fathers hand when he died, been over nine years now, and that was the look, I can still picture it now.

    Never chanced upon a corpse, did see an old guy drop dead walking across a playing field though, that was average!

    Berlusconi is a dirty old bastard who deserves all he gets, but being a bit warped, I got to admire a dude who's sleeping with hookers at 77, I'll be happy to able to move at that age....And Italian politics, not sure I'll ever understand that....

    Nipping off to find who's chopping the onions!

  9. #1239
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Never chanced upon a corpse, did see an old guy drop dead walking across a playing field though, that was average!

    Berlusconi is a dirty old bastard who deserves all he gets, but being a bit warped, I got to admire a dude who's sleeping with hookers at 77, I'll be happy to able to move at that age....And Italian politics, not sure I'll ever understand that....

    Nipping off to find who's chopping the onions!
    The only dead people I have ever seen up close were the already-preserved kind at wakes just before funerals. I didna' like - the makeup was unnerving to me. For me, I think I would have had an easier time looking at grey skin (or whatever the natural coloring is for a deceased human, as I have never seen it).

    I am glad you all have such peaceful memories of husbands and dads passing - my family is dysfunctional in the extreme, and when my grandmother died, the family actually had an impromptu PARTY at my house, she had been such a witch, as in a real-life "ding-dong the witch is dead" shin-dig. And there are a couple more folks in the family to dedicate a party to when they finally go...

    Berlusconi - I really and honestly plan on being just like "Lizzie" in the movie "Cars" - slapping a hunky guy race cars on the ass in my extreme dotage. I have made it a definite point in my sex-Ed side of bringing up my girls, that just because folks get wrinkly, doesn't mean that we suddenly get asexual. And when they say "ewwwwww, gross!" when the hubby and I lock lips in their view, it had better mean that they are glad that a nearly-50 y.o. isn't kissing THEM that way, and NOT that nearly 50-y.o.'s don't get to kiss EACH OTHER that way. Definite difference.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

  10. #1240
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,009
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Now I know why I love you so...both those words make me giggle!

    Finding the body of a person I did not know did not really bother me but having someone commit suicide over a fraud investigation I was involved in was pretty devastating. It was a basically good person who followed one stupid act with an even more permanent stupid act. I spent the last 9 years of my insurance career involved in litigation related to suspected organized insurance fraud, which was pretty fun but makes you not trust anyone.
    I knew we were kindred when you agreed that you were pissed off at more than 99% of the planet more than 99% of the time. LOL. I can see how trust would be an issue in insurance fersure.

    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    I used to work in a nursing home way way way back when I was in high school. Once or twice I walked into a room and thought one of the residents had died and it freaked me out completely. In both cases they were just sleeping with their eyes open and were not dead.

    On the other hand I was sleeping in the same room with darling Husband the night he died and I woke up and could not hear him breathing, which he had been in a VERY labored way a few hours earlier, which is I guess often what happens. I went over and touched him and he was cool. I realized he was gone. Nothing freaky about it. He did look like he was sleeping. He looked like a little boy. He was so beautiful.

    Whoa. Sorry. Not sure where I was going with that. Just came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Thank you. I hope when I have to deal with the death of a loved one close up I shall have a similar thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    That actually made me tear up but in a good way. It is wonderful to have that last memory of him and to know his soul left peacefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    dude's don't tear up, but there is definitely someone cutting onions near by...yes, that must be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    damned onions.... <wipe, wipe>
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Held my fathers hand when he died, been over nine years now, and that was the look, I can still picture it now.

    Never chanced upon a corpse, did see an old guy drop dead walking across a playing field though, that was average!

    Berlusconi is a dirty old bastard who deserves all he gets, but being a bit warped, I got to admire a dude who's sleeping with hookers at 77, I'll be happy to able to move at that age....And Italian politics, not sure I'll ever understand that....

    Nipping off to find who's chopping the onions!
    Man, it must be onion chopping season. Or raindrops are falling on my keyboard. Such a beautiful way to describe his passing, Ex.

    OTOH, sleeping with one's eyes open is creepier by far than death. My little brother went through a stage where he actually would sit up in bed and have entire conversations with people while still asleep. It totally creeped me out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    The only dead people I have ever seen up close were the already-preserved kind at wakes just before funerals. I didna' like - the makeup was unnerving to me. For me, I think I would have had an easier time looking at grey skin (or whatever the natural coloring is for a deceased human, as I have never seen it).

    I am glad you all have such peaceful memories of husbands and dads passing - my family is dysfunctional in the extreme, and when my grandmother died, the family actually had an impromptu PARTY at my house, she had been such a witch, as in a real-life "ding-dong the witch is dead" shin-dig. And there are a couple more folks in the family to dedicate a party to when they finally go...

    Berlusconi - I really and honestly plan on being just like "Lizzie" in the movie "Cars" - slapping a hunky guy race cars on the ass in my extreme dotage. I have made it a definite point in my sex-Ed side of bringing up my girls, that just because folks get wrinkly, doesn't mean that we suddenly get asexual. And when they say "ewwwwww, gross!" when the hubby and I lock lips in their view, it had better mean that they are glad that a nearly-50 y.o. isn't kissing THEM that way, and NOT that nearly 50-y.o.'s don't get to kiss EACH OTHER that way. Definite difference.
    If they set the jaw, seeing a dead body with no makeup isn't bad.

    Oh yeah on the senior sex. My last long term lover was 65, and though we didn't go at it like teens, we still managed a good romp about three times/week.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •