Page 123 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 3017

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 123

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

November 20, 2013 (Wednesday)

Primal Fuel
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014 at 04:28 AM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I had never heard of Franklin, which is a little odd because I am a law and order kind of girl. Phenobarbital is good enough to put a dog to sleep and it is too good for serial killer. It is fast and painless.

I am afraid to test the whole nightshade thing since I love tomatoes and peppers.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Another rave about Good Eggs. Not sure if itís growing pains or if itís just dealing with Mom & Pop vendors, but I got an email yesterday that my Boudin sausage wouldnít be with my order. The other time that happened, it was either yogurt or feta cheese. No big. What is cool is that both times, not only did they credit my credit card, but in addition, they gave me a code for the same amount off my next order. The chaurice sausage was delivered, and itís so good that I wrapped about 2/3 of it tightly in plastic and put it in the freezer. Itís a fully cooked sausage, and I was worried Iíd do that thing where I keep going to the fridge and cutting a small piece until thereís none left.

Most of the rest was just food, but the one thing I was totally looking forward to was the Cranberry Chipotle Pepper Jelly. Yum! Iíve purchased marinara sauce, two kinds of salsa, and two kinds of pepper jelly from that vendor, and he hasnít disappointed yet. This was no exception.

Two teaspoonsful of the pepper jelly in one cup of cottage cheese is just sweet enough to be yummy.

Green-hued potatoes. Though I have lived everywhere from densely populated cities to very small towns, Iíve never actually had a vegetable garden. And Florida was the only place Iíve ever gotten anything to grow for me. I grew some basil and tomatoes, and even a cumquat tree. And as Iíve exhibited here, Iíve often grown mold in my refrigerator.

Which is all a long-winded way of saying that what I know about growing veggies could be fit under my pinky nail. So, I always thought that potatoes that had some green on the skin were unripe. And that potato chips with green edges were getting moldy. I knew not to eat them, but unripe (or moldy on the chips) is incorrect.

(I can almost see Doc shaking his head, thinking, ďdumb city chick.Ē)

It turns out that the green comes from exposure to sunlight. Yep, good old photosynthesis. Since potatoes are roots, they donít perform that, but if they inadvertently become uncovered, they do. And when they do, it increases the toxins that are normally found in very small quantities in the group of fruits and veggies we call nightshades.

I also learned that for the average healthy person with no special problems with nightshades, youíd have to consume about four pounds of potatoes to get to a level of toxicity that will harm you. And lastly, I learned that because of the inadvertent uncovering of potatoes, and the resulting greening of them, approximately one third of the US potato crop goes right into the garbage. And this is why we put potatoes in a cool dark place when we store them.

As an observation, I looked up the foods that one needs to avoid if sensitive to nightshades and it made me sad. An Italian with this sensitivity would be hard pressed to eat Mamaís home cooking.

So, I learned something. And I figure if Iím not continually learning stuff, I might as well just settle in for a big dirt nap.

Speaking of big dirt naps: Serial killer Joseph Franklin executed after hours of delay - CNN.com

Fine then, just shoot him.

Pakistani teen Malala receives prize for bravery against Taliban - CNN.com - An inspiration.

Ancient Egyptians mummified food for afterlife | NDTV.com Ė Kind of cool. ďDonít forget the mummified angus burger to put in Grandpaís tomb.Ē

Monkeys Social Networked Before Facebook Was Cool - This article really has nothing to do with Facebook, but, ďHey everyone, wanna know why learning is fun? Because Facebook.Ē Head/palm.

Which is kind of interesting, and may explain why humans all look so facially different, but not because Facebook.

No More Riots at Walmart Over Black Friday and Thanksgiving? - ABC News

Tuesdayís food: Coffee with butter and coconut oil. A pound of shrimp, heads on (suck those babies dry), but I ended up being more in the mood to dip them in salsa/lemon than butter. Two small pieces of the Creole Chaurice. A cup of cottage cheese with some cranberry chipotle pepper jelly stirred in. 110 grams of protein.
    Omg. Didn't want to have to cut on the phone but you just blew my simple mind by telling me to just store the potatoes in a cool dark place. DUH!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    naaaaah, I wouldn't think youz a dumb city chick.... I was a dumb city boy before I started gardening..... I haven't always been a farmer... lol

Good for you in freezing your sausage.... Some day I want to make some boudin sausage..... Wife is tryin to get me to make some more canadian bacon.... it is that time of year...

I did know about the green on potatoes..... The greening usually starts when the potatos are harvested, since they are turned up and left to dry in the sunlight. (it makes the skin tougher)...

Franklin... Shooting him would be "cruel and inhuman"..... but giving him an overdose of Potassium Chloride is OK.... Personally I think they should have found a tall oak tree and a new hemp rope.... but I'm old fashioned....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Don't be modest - you posted a pic of yourself once and you're pretty easy on the eyes.
    Artistic license....

Speaking of big dirt naps: Serial killer Joseph Franklin executed after hours of delay - CNN.com

Fine then, just shoot him.
    Your considerate side is shining forth again...but I do appreciates the sentiment!

She's virtually been adopted over here, shot for having the temerity to want to be able to read and write, and to make the recovery she has is as you say inspiring, it ain't perfect here, but at least we don't try to execute girls for wanting to go to school!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Franklin... Shooting him would be "cruel and inhuman"..... but giving him an overdose of Potassium Chloride is OK.... Personally I think they should have found a tall oak tree and a new hemp rope.... but I'm old fashioned....
    I'm a great advocate of rope, as it's a reusable commodity, just trying to be ecologically sound....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I'm a great advocate of rope, as it's a reusable commodity, just trying to be ecologically sound....
    AND you can smoke it when youz done!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Absoltuely, if yer that way inclined, yaz gotta chillax after an arduous stringing up....

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I had never heard of Franklin, which is a little odd because I am a law and order kind of girl. Phenobarbital is good enough to put a dog to sleep and it is too good for serial killer. It is fast and painless.

I am afraid to test the whole nightshade thing since I love tomatoes and peppers.
    He's been taking up space since 1977 - I guess you and I weren't paying much attention back then.

And another nightshade - eggplant! I don't eat it as much now that I can't/don't use breadcrumbs, but when I'm in the mood, I want it now.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Omg. Didn't want to have to cut on the phone but you just blew my simple mind by telling me to just store the potatoes in a cool dark place. DUH!
    I use the fridge which isn't usually advised, but it's so warm here most of the time that it's just easier. And I'm pretty sure it's dark when I shut the door.

naaaaah, I wouldn't think youz a dumb city chick.... I was a dumb city boy before I started gardening..... I haven't always been a farmer... lol

Good for you in freezing your sausage.... Some day I want to make some boudin sausage..... Wife is tryin to get me to make some more canadian bacon.... it is that time of year...

I did know about the green on potatoes..... The greening usually starts when the potatos are harvested, since they are turned up and left to dry in the sunlight. (it makes the skin tougher)...

Boudin is really easy. Just pork shoulder, pork (or chicken) liver, white rice, and spices. I don't have a sausage stuffer, but I've made boudin balls a couple of times. Me and my bar food.

Artistic license....

Your considerate side is shining forth again...but I do appreciates the sentiment!

She's virtually been adopted over here, shot for having the temerity to want to be able to read and write, and to make the recovery she has is as you say inspiring, it ain't perfect here, but at least we don't try to execute girls for wanting to go to school!

Yeah, we may not be doing a very good job educating the masses here, but we're not shooting them either.

Absoltuely, if yer that way inclined, yaz gotta chillax after an arduous stringing up....
    And from the expression, "Go piss up a rope," I guess that rope is quite the multi-use tool.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

November 21, 2013 (Thursday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014 at 04:31 AM.

B*tch-lite

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think that Berlusconi was elected to the senate AFTER he was removed as dictator or Prime minister or what ever they call it in Italy for his misconduct. Pervy old dudes make my skin crawl.

The only time I shop at Walmart is when I am in my hometown and only then because they put everyone else out of business. I try to bring everything I need so I don't have to go there when I visit family.

I occasionally see a guy scream when discovering a dead body on tv but not as often as you see the women. Why scream unless it pops out of a closet. I found an obviously dead body once, kind of gross, gagged a little, left and called the police. It was a squatter in a foreclosed house in the deep 'hood, the kind of place you only go before all of the crack users and gang bangers wake up. The person I was with did not scream either. They always say that that is the worse smell in the world but sadly I can say a burned out Asian market in the middle of a summer heatwave smells worse because of all the rotting, smoky wet fish products. You learn so much working in Insurance!