Page 121 of 342 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3416

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 121

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    On November 19, 1863, Abraham Lincoln gave a short speech that still grips our hearts.

Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure.
    We are met on a great battlefield of that war.
    We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live.
    It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
    But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground.
    The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract.
    The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.

It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced.

It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
    This just makes me wanna cry for where we are now...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

It is. And I am truly saddened that in 150 short years, we've become of, by, and for the corporations, instead of the people.
    This.
    Breathe. Move forward.

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    This.
    Yes +1000

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    This just makes me wanna cry for where we are now...
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Yes +1000
    I'm crying right along side you.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

November 19, 2013 (Tuesday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014 at 05:23 AM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Mouse study reveals more promiscuous moms have "sexier" sons - CBS News - Anything I could say here would surely be used against me in the future.
    Small boy is hot stuff *nods*.

A family is driving down the motorway when - whoosh - something small goes past them on the inside lane. A bit shaken, they carry on driving when - whoosh - something small, blurred and incredibly fast overtakes them on the median strip. Very shaken, they decide to get off the motorway before one of these mystery fast-moving objects hits them. They come off the motorway at the next exit and decide to continue their journey on quiet country roads. Ten minutes later...whoosh - something speeds towards them on the opposite side of the road. They see a sign for a farmhouse B&B and decide to pull off the road altogether. Perhaps rest will help.

The next morning they are talking with their hosts. The farmer explains that he's been experimentally breeding chickens: 'You see, we love a roast chicken, but there were arguments because I like a leg, my wife likes a leg and our son likes a leg - so I bred three-legged chickens.' The family are amazed! They all like the legs too. 'This is great - what do they taste like?'

'I don't know,' the farmer replied.

'We haven't caught one yet.'
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

I think food sensitivities are part over exposure and part genetic predisposition or a genetic screw up. I am the youngest of four. None of my siblings have any sensitivities but I do to wheat and casien/whey in all dairy including goat and sheep, which is unusual. My GI doc thinks I have celiacs but since I am not willing to eat gluten for an extended period to find out, we do not know for sure. The genetic screw-up for me? My mom had lupus, had an active flare up while she was pregnant with me and I was almost a month late. They did not figure out that she had lupus until after I was born. My doctor thinks I have some autoimmune issues but my tests are inconclusive, which is normal. It can take 2-10 years to diagnose autoimmune disorders from what I have read. Now add the fact that gluten, whey and caseins are in most processed food that we eat three times a day and you have people with various levels of sensitivities.

Today was my 19th wedding anniversary. In celebration of that and the beginning of Dungeness season, I made a yummy cioppino ad we ate it all. Tons of crab, scallops, clams and mussels in a spicy, garlicky tomato broth. I am ready for bed. Good thing he already got his anniversary happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Small boy is hot stuff *nods*.

A family is driving down the motorway when - whoosh - something small goes past them on the inside lane. A bit shaken, they carry on driving when - whoosh - something small, blurred and incredibly fast overtakes them on the median strip. Very shaken, they decide to get off the motorway before one of these mystery fast-moving objects hits them. They come off the motorway at the next exit and decide to continue their journey on quiet country roads. Ten minutes later...whoosh - something speeds towards them on the opposite side of the road. They see a sign for a farmhouse B&B and decide to pull off the road altogether. Perhaps rest will help.

The next morning they are talking with their hosts. The farmer explains that he's been experimentally breeding chickens: 'You see, we love a roast chicken, but there were arguments because I like a leg, my wife likes a leg and our son likes a leg - so I bred three-legged chickens.' The family are amazed! They all like the legs too. 'This is great - what do they taste like?'

'I don't know,' the farmer replied.

'We haven't caught one yet.'

I think food sensitivities are part over exposure and part genetic predisposition or a genetic screw up. I am the youngest of four. None of my siblings have any sensitivities but I do to wheat and casien/whey in all dairy including goat and sheep, which is unusual. My GI doc thinks I have celiacs but since I am not willing to eat gluten for an extended period to find out, we do not know for sure. The genetic screw-up for me? My mom had lupus, had an active flare up while she was pregnant with me and I was almost a month late. They did not figure out that she had lupus until after I was born. My doctor thinks I have some autoimmune issues but my tests are inconclusive, which is normal. It can take 2-10 years to diagnose autoimmune disorders from what I have read. Now add the fact that gluten, whey and caseins are in most processed food that we eat three times a day and you have people with various levels of sensitivities.

Today was my 19th wedding anniversary. In celebration of that and the beginning of Dungeness season, I made a yummy cioppino ad we ate it all. Tons of crab, scallops, clams and mussels in a spicy, garlicky tomato broth. I am ready for bed. Good thing he already got his anniversary happy ending!
    Happy Anniversary!

I do so love a happy ending...

B*tch-lite

Well that is damn lovely! I'm not sure you have your own journal Val, I don't think I've seen it. But I don't think think Joanie will mind me hijacking to say that's plain old great and congratulations!
    Breathe. Move forward.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well that is damn lovely! I'm not sure you have your own journal Val, I don't think I've seen it. But I don't think think Joanie will mind me hijacking to say that's plain old great and congratulations!
    I don't have a journal but I should start one since I am always hijacking Joanie's or Grizz's.

Thank you for the congrats. It has been a mostly fun time!