Page 117 of 276 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2754

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 117

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

November 15, 2013 (Friday)

Primal Fuel
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014 at 04:14 AM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    The image of that mayor being spanked made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Interestingly, California's health insurance exchange is doing well. Immediately after Obama made his announcement, our insurance commissioner issued notice to the insurance companies to rescind thie cancellations. They have signed up almost a third of the number that the official Obamacare site has.

I am so excited, the love of my life is picking up Thai food, which means spicy eggplant!

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    The bad: knowing that only one vendor was selling eggs this week, I stll postponed my grocery order a day anyway, and there were no eggs left to buy. The good: there was a new product – Ginger Grapefruit curd that I wanted to try and they ran out of that also. Why is this good? Well, when you are trying to eat clean ‘til the end of the year,* and you’re not eating bread, odds are if you are me, that one night you’ll be in the mood for something sweet and sour and just dip a spoon in that jar and keep dipping ‘til it’s gone.
    I read the whole post and yet all I got out of it was Ginger Grapefruit Curd. Must make some! Yum, and maybe a pomegranate curd. I've made really good Meyer lemon curd and lime, but I adore grapefruit. I would put a spoon in that jar and not stop til it's done. God, between that and Talenti Peppermint Bark ice cream I'm going to need a serious re-adjustment after the holidays.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    ginger grapefruit curd ???????? it doesn't sound particularly appealing to Gwamma........ if it said marlborough Pinot noir - I would then be all ears.............. or mouths..... oh what ever !!!!!!!!!!
    we love you Joanie
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Ginger grapefruit curd sounds good...I might make some.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Joanie, I thought I would stop by your place! Kitty-cats: I can't be without them, but I get it - it is so hard without Rudi. Religion and stuff: I am currently listening to (audio book) something from Neale Donald Walsh, and liking it; but then, I am already familiar with his "Conversations with God" stuff. I will give you the title when Simon (one of the new kittens) wakes up from his nap positioned on my chest, up under my chin... but you might like some of his thoughts - very, very different, and to my experience, provocative. Grapefruit - best in a San Pellegrino grapefruit soda! (Curd sounds very good, though!)

Your sidewalk pics - ever sing that old "step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    The image of that mayor being spanked made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Interestingly, California's health insurance exchange is doing well. Immediately after Obama made his announcement, our insurance commissioner issued notice to the insurance companies to rescind thie cancellations. They have signed up almost a third of the number that the official Obamacare site has.

I am so excited, the love of my life is picking up Thai food, which means spicy eggplant!
    LOL on spanking Toronto's mayor. As goes CA, so goes the country. Those are good numbers when you consider that CA has 10% of the total US population, but has signed up 33% the number of the feds. Eggplant - yum almost always.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I read the whole post and yet all I got out of it was Ginger Grapefruit Curd. Must make some! Yum, and maybe a pomegranate curd. I've made really good Meyer lemon curd and lime, but I adore grapefruit. I would put a spoon in that jar and not stop til it's done. God, between that and Talenti Peppermint Bark ice cream I'm going to need a serious re-adjustment after the holidays.
    I couldn't believe at first that they'd sold out. I was even searching the meat and fish page to see if maybe it was listed wrong. I should learn to make it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    ginger grapefruit curd ???????? it doesn't sound particularly appealing to Gwamma........ if it said marlborough Pinot noir - I would then be all ears.............. or mouths..... oh what ever !!!!!!!!!!
    we love you Joanie
    G x
    Love you back, G. *hug* How 'bout ginger grapefruit wine? Since I'm going to drink on Thanksgiving, maybe I'll infuse some vodka that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Ginger grapefruit curd sounds good...I might make some.
    Great minds think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Joanie, I thought I would stop by your place! Kitty-cats: I can't be without them, but I get it - it is so hard without Rudi. Religion and stuff: I am currently listening to (audio book) something from Neale Donald Walsh, and liking it; but then, I am already familiar with his "Conversations with God" stuff. I will give you the title when Simon (one of the new kittens) wakes up from his nap positioned on my chest, up under my chin... but you might like some of his thoughts - very, very different, and to my experience, provocative. Grapefruit - best in a San Pellegrino grapefruit soda! (Curd sounds very good, though!)

Your sidewalk pics - ever sing that old "step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
    Always good to see you, Crabby! I'll do a search on Walsh - you never steer me wrong. I love sour things and grapefruit certainly is at the top of the list. If I had three kitties in my small apt, it would smell like feeding time at the Lion House.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

November 16, 2013 (Saturday feels like Monday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014 at 04:15 AM.

B*tch-lite

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    J you have provoked more memories than one about my darling Nana. Her name was may and she had the biggest bosums you have ever seen. She stored all her jewellery and nacky nicks in boxes. The best fun was opening and shutting these little boxes to see what was in the next. Fun times...........
    Guess what i store ALOT of my shit in........ Boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have them everywhere....i can feel a song coming on
    .... Big ones, small ones, ones as big as your head........ Oh i've got a lovely bunch of boxes, here are they are all sanding in a row.........
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Every year until I was in my 30s we would go to my Great Aunt Elsie's for an amazing German feast. No offense to the Italians but you have not seen a feast like a German meal. All the German relatives would bring all their homemade goodness. There is a German coffee cake called Kuva that is like a sweet roll married a cheese cake that is what angels eat.

I started doing Thanksgiving for my family when Aunt Elsie got too sick to cook anymore and much of her generation had passed on. I have lots of food but nothing like those meals. And sadly, because of my gluten and dairy issues, Kuva is thing of the past for me but I have my memories!

I would like to have one politician say they are doing something for the good of the people and actually f'ing mean it! I would make a Kuva for them.

BART sucks! How is it that no one read the contract being proposed since July? Have the balls to admit you f'ed up and don't blame some poor temp from July. LAME!