Page 11 of 257 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 11

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Brilliant prediction Joanie.................. I is up for it !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

My big fat vegetarian dinner

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-19-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Derp, I'm in N'Orleans. Every year they do a self-directed walking tour of about 10-12 historic homes. While no pics are allowed of the interiors, most homeowners are okay with pics of the gardens, etc. Give me 35 more days, and you, me, and Gwamma can talk souls over a bottle CRW (cheap red wine).

A piece of good aged cheese, a bottle of wine, and thou (both of thou) - sitting in a cemetery communing with the spirits.

If you love old cemeteries, you'd both love New Orleans. Come in summer when only the craziest of tourists comes (oy, the heat), and they won't be so crowded.

ETA: Oh, and you can drink anywhere and any hour here as long as it's not in a glass container.
    That'd be awesome! I'll bring the ouija board.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ahh... summer in NOLA.

As long as you aren't on Bourbon Street you don't have to dodge puke in the gutters.
    Though I did spend plenty of time slumming there... or nearby.

I was stationed at Bilouxi, MS and preferred spending my weekends in NOLA where I could go about my business unrecognized by fellow military members. Hehe
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    That'd be awesome! I'll bring the ouija board.
    Cool. Of all the things into which I've delved over my lifetime, Ouija scares me the most. But if you can guarantee that only benevolent spirits will crawl up my arms and into my brain, I'll try it again. *chuckles like one in a dark grave yard*

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ahh... summer in NOLA.

As long as you aren't on Bourbon Street you don't have to dodge puke in the gutters.
    Though I did spend plenty of time slumming there... or nearby.

I was stationed at Bilouxi, MS and preferred spending my weekends in NOLA where I could go about my business unrecognized by fellow military members. Hehe
    I knew I still had these. Check out the "feel like" temps from summer 2011 - my first summer here. I thought I'd moved to hell.

Fortunately, I stuck it out, and last summer was considerably more normal. I had seriously thought of packing up the car and heading to Pittsburgh, which had been my original destination until I took a detour to see N'Orleans.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Brilliant prediction Joanie.................. I is up for it !!!!!!!!
    G, I figure one of two things will happen.

1. I'll fly there. NZ looks so beautiful and apparently, the people just rock! If I can stash the cash, I'd love to just sublet my apt for a few months and do NZ, Italy, Spain, and India. That's a dream, but NZ and one other place is totally doable.

2. You'll love the U.S. so much and have so much fun, you'll just have to return to see the southern part of the country. (Fly into LAX. See Paleobird and Derp. Drive through Vegas and eat at 5-star restaurants. Maybe even renew your vows with an Elvis impersonator officiating. Maybe hit Arizona for a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. Then to New Orleans for debauchery in the Quarter, a ferry ride across the Mississippi, and some cemetery tours. And a visit with me of course. Then off to Florida for Disney World (might as well see it once), a visit to Cori, the Everglades, Key West, and Miami. Fly out of Miami International.)

Either way, I stand by my prediction.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 04-25-2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: grammar

B*tch-lite

thank you Joanie - i will start saving now - in fact 18 year old Daughter - who will come home with us in June, because she has finished her tour, loves your country sssssoooooo much that I envisage American grandchildren (plural)......... now to find me a nice TALL son-in-law..................

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    now to find me a nice TALL son-in-law..................
    how old are you Derp ??????????????

...small steps....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    The thing most people don't realize about NOLA, and along the coast and down south here is that Yes, it's hot. But it's also THICK. It can be hot kind of like that out in AZ, NM, or Las Vegas... So Cal... but not the thickness. The HUMIDITY.

The kind of heat where it's already 90degrees and 98% humidity at 8am... you walk outside and can literally feel the air wrap around you like a damp blanket. You can feel the heaviness in your lungs when you breathe.

And there is no such thing as cool... sweat for cooling off doesn't really work in humidity because the air is too moist. You are just sweaty and hot, and any air that blows is just damp and hot. And it never cools off at night, so there is no reprieve unlike up north a bit.

All that said... I adjusted to it quite quickly and I like it.
    I moved to Bilouxi, MS from TN in 1997... and have only lived away from the Gulf Coast/FL area for 1 year since then.
    I spent that year cold and miserable in Central Cali near Lompoc/Santa Maria on Vandenburg AFB.
    I prefer being hot to being cold. Heat is good! LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Khainag is offline Member
    I have to spend my first summer in New Jersey, and I'm getting ready for that kind of humidity too (used to live in East Texas)... Last year a friend from Tamil Nadu (southernmost India) said it was the hottest and stickiest he's ever been here in central NJ. So far it's only gotten up to 80ish for two days this year, sixties these days. Thoughts Joanie?
    SAD makes me MAD (a journal about Mongolian food and living with mullings on struggles with GERD, IBS and acne)http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66073.html

Page 11 of 257 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast