Page 107 of 324 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3240

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 107

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Our clocks went back last Saturday, it don't half get late early in the afternoons now, not strictly sure what it achieves anymore, apart from feeking yer bodyclock up!

That maintainance guy description made me chuckle as well, so did the line about dying from logging onto the obamafuckup website....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, everyone! Very good mood this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Yeah!

I really hate the time change too. It takes me too long to get used to it. Of course that mattered more before I became a housewife. Just when I get fully adapted, the switch it back. I guess we could protest by either moving to Arizona or by refusing to follow it. I have only been to Phoenix/Scottsdale a couple of times but I don't think I am made for desert living. I am just going to not do it this year.

I do find that just spending a few minutes several times a day outside throwing the ball for the crazy one helps my mood. Someone on another thread mentioned special lights for SAD. I wonder how well they work. A monthly party might be a fun way make it go away.

Are the species they are finding newly mutated or old but never seen before? It would be nice to know that there are things on this over populated planet that no person has ever seen before that have been here a long time.
    Most I've read have been animals that just stayed hidden from us, and I love that.

Not sure if anyone remembers an old TV show called Northern Exposure, but they had an episode about the seasonal thing. The town doc prescribed some wearable full-spectrum light thingy for one of the citizens. The guy got hooked on the light, and was running around all hours of the day and night. Eventually they had to wean him off it. *chuckle*

I'm guessing the farther one lives from the equator, the more help one would get from the SAD lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Reading some back stuff here... (reading...reading...)

Glad you are feeling better! I have some experience with depressive free-falls, and they suck. Primal has helped me a lot, in that the foods on the naughty list are turning out to be foods that really affect me badly, and I just never knew. So, all in all, I am feeling much more balanced than one year ago.

I love your description of your building's maintenance guy! Have you ever been a writer in a past life? Seriously.

New species discoveries both scare and excite me - they scare me in that I figure that now their existence is public, some shithead poacher army will head off into the wild... And excite me in that somehow we haven't managed to absolutely screw up every corner of the planet yet.
    Never for money on the writing. A few times in my life, I've tried to take things I like and turn them into income for myself, only to end up hating the activity that I once loved. I'm therefore reluctant to try writing for cash. I have thought of doing a blog called something like "The Bitch of the City," where I just rant about what's wrong with wherever I'm living. haha

I get the scare factor about new species. There's a new show on CW called The Tomorrow People that deals with a new species of humanoid that the govt is trying to extinguish because of their advanced telepathy, etc. - even though this advanced species can not kill. It feeds into that whole, "if we don't understand it, let's exploit or kill it" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    How do you get those little running around guys?

Also I live in a completely different county than Sheriff Joe (of tent city fame) and totally renounce any possible connection to the dude.

As I've said elsewhere - AMEN to no daylight savings time here in AZ - it's probably the one thing we've got right...
    I used to get the running around guys from free emoticon sites. If you want to use any that I post, just right-click and save to your computer, then upload to whichever photo hosting site you use (photobucket is good). The hosting site will then give you the url to post so they show up on message boards, etc.

Sheriff Joe - now I have a name to go with the concept.

I love AZ. I've visited a few times. I don't think I could handle the heat as a resident, but the desert, the sights, and the food are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Our clocks went back last Saturday, it don't half get late early in the afternoons now, not strictly sure what it achieves anymore, apart from feeking yer bodyclock up!

That maintainance guy description made me chuckle as well, so did the line about dying from logging onto the obamafuckup website....
    Even when it was supposedly for farming, I'm sure that real farmers don't give a rat's patootey what the clocks say. They do their work when the animals and crops dictate.

The thing with making it dark earlier is that it's just one more hour that small people feel unsafe when walking alone. And "they" have the research showing that commuting accidents go up twice a year when we change the clocks. Arggh - and not the good pirate Aarr!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Good morning, everyone! Very good mood this morning.

Not sure if anyone remembers an old TV show called Northern Exposure, but they had an episode about the seasonal thing. The town doc prescribed some wearable full-spectrum light thingy for one of the citizens. The guy got hooked on the light, and was running around all hours of the day and night. Eventually they had to wean him off it. *chuckle*

I love AZ. I've visited a few times. I don't think I could handle the heat as a resident, but the desert, the sights, and the food are great!
    Glad you were/are feeling so good!!

I used to love that show!! Which character was that that was hooked on the light box? Sounds like something that would have happened to the bartender dude with the young wife. Can't remember any of the names anymore...

I think you just get used to whatever environment you grew up in. Like people who have to have the ocean. I just have to have mountains and desert. The desert in Tucson is a hair different than the Phoenix area. We are slightly higher in elevation so I think there's just a mite more vegetation. I think I might be able to do Colorado...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Yay Joanies back with with guns blazing..........wooooooohoooooooooo
    Three cheers for J..........hiphip hooray.......hiphip hooray.......hiphip hooray
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Glad you were/are feeling so good!!

I used to love that show!! Which character was that that was hooked on the light box? Sounds like something that would have happened to the bartender dude with the young wife. Can't remember any of the names anymore...

I think you just get used to whatever environment you grew up in. Like people who have to have the ocean. I just have to have mountains and desert. The desert in Tucson is a hair different than the Phoenix area. We are slightly higher in elevation so I think there's just a mite more vegetation. I think I might be able to do Colorado...
    It was Walt. He was a minor character in the beginning, but then as actors started leaving, he became Ruth Anne Miller's beau. Trivia: I lived in Roslyn, WA for seven years. That's where it was filmed. Interesting little town in its own right. I bought a little house just up the hill from the house they used for Marilyn's house. Some idiot tried to commit suicide by burning down Marilyn's house. He survived, but the house was toast.

Roslyn has/had the oldest working bar in WA state. The Brick has a fresh water running spittoon just under the bar. The town used to continue with the Manly Man Festival (no naked Running of the Bulls though), but I googled about a year ago, and they don't do it anymore. They also almost got their permission to hold a SPAM carving contest every year revoked when one of the locals got hammered and turned an innocuous carving into something salacious. SPAM/Hormel is very picky about that kind of thing. (There will be no SPAM penises displayed at The Brick.) *chuckle*

As much as I love the cemeteries here, the old town cemetery there was gorgeous. I sold some of my photography of it. (And now the tremor in my hands makes it hard to even do food pics. ) I also timed the buying and selling of that house just right and got out of Dodge with my proceeds.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Yay Joanies back with with guns blazing..........wooooooohoooooooooo
    Three cheers for J..........hiphip hooray.......hiphip hooray.......hiphip hooray
    Thank you, G. *smooch* For some reason, I don't remember to take the anti-anxiety meds until there's a cloud overhead. You'd think by now I'd learn. Funny how things like statistics come easy to me, but just learning to take the damn meds before I feel like extinguishing my entire species still is a work in progress.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

October 30, 2013 (Wednesday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-25-2014 at 06:52 PM.

B*tch-lite

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    That’s why we all get our man and lady parts checked and get our butts scoped.
    Some butts are easier to scope than others..... and the drugs you get are AWESOMEEEEEEE!

I’m not perfect (no shit, Sherlock), and I do succumb to the low prices of the occasional CAFO chicken. I buy that 95c/lb sale bird, bake it up, and I love it. Then I look at all the skin I discard, and the bones I won’t use for broth, and the fat I won’t use to make the best chopped chicken liver ever, shake my head, and refrain for another month or two.
    When I grill chicken breasts, I have to pull them off of the bone and remove the skin to cook them.... I always throw the skin on the grill and eat the fatty, crispy, charred goodness that is chicken "rinds".....

Recipe: The Drunken Spicy Georgia Peach
    I think I went to Hospital Corps "A" school with her....

President Obama visits Boston to defend health law, says Bay State experience proves it will work - Boston.com – Put a large object in the rectory, you anti-American freak. Obama is a traitor.
    Don't candy coat it... tell us how your REALLY feel.....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    OMG J we have just seen that wee boy on the news. How cute was he!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    If you really want to pee on a cops leg (like a man)...
    Peecock Products - 5.5 Inch Triple Features Gen2 Pee-Cock
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You done better than I could with they peachy things, much sweetness!

Not something that I really look forward to getting the place where things should exit getting invaded, ought to, but....

Saw that kid on the news, still not big on th church, but this popeye could be human!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Don't candy coat it... tell us how your REALLY feel.....
    I was thinking that, bit refrained weren't it....