Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 106

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    we love you J
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Wow - even here in the desert they don't open the freeze shelters til it gets to about 35.

Sorry you were feeling low. Glad it's getting better...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/29/wo...rope.html?_r=0 Big storm – Hoping all our friends from across the pond are okay.
    Did get a tad blowy over here yesterday! 99.9mph was the biggest gust in the UK, though I did hear it got to 119mph in Denmark, 4 people got carked in the UK and 9 in Europe the last I heard. There was quite an amusing comment on the BBC website about a train that got stuck because of trees on the line, and the traincrew got some axes out and were chopping up the tree whilst singing the lumberjack song....

Bad crash test scores sink 3 Toyota vehicles - The three Toyota’s that lost Consumer Reports’ recommended status are Camry, RAV4, and the Prius V.
    Bloke I work with got a Prius, I detect a wind up coming on!

And just because:

Good tenet to go by.....

Good to hear you're better and back in the game.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    There was quite an amusing comment on the BBC website about a train that got stuck because of trees on the line, and the traincrew got some axes out and were chopping up the tree whilst singing the lumberjack song....
    I'm glad to know you didn't get blown away!

The lumberjack song is a classic.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post

Thanks, we got the calm after the storm today, and I agree it is!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I am happy that you posted and are safe but very sad that you were having some mood issues. But I am glad you are feeling better. I may be having some problems with the mood swings today.

Our weather has finally turned cold. Just in time for us to go on vacation in south Florida. Of course, cold for us is lows in the 40s, which is different than many parts of the country. Switched out my marigolds for purple and yellow mums. We turned the heat on the first time last night. I love this time of year!
    Thanks. South FL like Miami? the Keys? (I think maybe you mentioned the Keys?) Either is a nice respite in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    we love you J
    G x
    Love you back.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Wow - even here in the desert they don't open the freeze shelters til it gets to about 35.

Sorry you were feeling low. Glad it's getting better...
    Yeah, but you guys put prisoners in tents. LOL - just kidding. Thank you. Snapping out of it is good.

Did get a tad blowy over here yesterday! 99.9mph was the biggest gust in the UK, though I did hear it got to 119mph in Denmark, 4 people got carked in the UK and 9 in Europe the last I heard. There was quite an amusing comment on the BBC website about a train that got stuck because of trees on the line, and the traincrew got some axes out and were chopping up the tree whilst singing the lumberjack song....

Bloke I work with got a Prius, I detect a wind up coming on!

Good tenet to go by.....

Good to hear you're better and back in the game.
    I'm so glad you're okay, Dave. You're such a good egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post

Thanks, we got the calm after the storm today, and I agree it is!
    A classic:

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

October 29, 2013 (Tuesday) (skipped the 28th)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-25-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah!

I really hate the time change too. It takes me too long to get used to it. Of course that mattered more before I became a housewife. Just when I get fully adapted, the switch it back. I guess we could protest by either moving to Arizona or by refusing to follow it. I have only been to Phoenix/Scottsdale a couple of times but I don't think I am made for desert living. I am just going to not do it this year.

I do find that just spending a few minutes several times a day outside throwing the ball for the crazy one helps my mood. Someone on another thread mentioned special lights for SAD. I wonder how well they work. A monthly party might be a fun way make it go away.

Are the species they are finding newly mutated or old but never seen before? It would be nice to know that there are things on this over populated planet that no person has ever seen before that have been here a long time.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Reading some back stuff here... (reading...reading...)

Glad you are feeling better! I have some experience with depressive free-falls, and they suck. Primal has helped me a lot, in that the foods on the naughty list are turning out to be foods that really affect me badly, and I just never knew. So, all in all, I am feeling much more balanced than one year ago.

I love your description of your building's maintenance guy! Have you ever been a writer in a past life? Seriously.

New species discoveries both scare and excite me - they scare me in that I figure that now their existence is public, some shithead poacher army will head off into the wild... And excite me in that somehow we haven't managed to absolutely screw up every corner of the planet yet.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    How do you get those little running around guys?

Also I live in a completely different county than Sheriff Joe (of tent city fame) and totally renounce any possible connection to the dude.

As I've said elsewhere - AMEN to no daylight savings time here in AZ - it's probably the one thing we've got right...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...