Page 102 of 302 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3019

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 102

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

October 20, 2013 (Sunday)

Primal Fuel
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-25-2014 at 05:46 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    The more you look at it, there appear to be one or two holes in that obamacare thingy....It may not be perfect and it's getting shafted by our our bunch of twats in power at the moment, but our National Insurance system seems pretty good in comparison!

Got to feel for the Aussies a bit, it's not even summer yet and they've got a big burn going on!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    The more you look at it, there appear to be one or two holes in that obamacare thingy....It may not be perfect and it's getting shafted by our our bunch of twats in power at the moment, but our National Insurance system seems pretty good in comparison!

Got to feel for the Aussies a bit, it's not even summer yet and they've got a big burn going on!
    I do love an understatement! Fires like that scare the heck out of me.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

October 21, 2013 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-25-2014 at 05:47 PM.

B*tch-lite

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post

So, I’m taking a vow to not let anymore science experiments happen in my refrigerator. No more Peppers of Death. If something is getting less pretty, I’ll sauté it in something, and freeze it. I have to say that I don’t waste much animal protein – it’s always the produce for me. If there’s excess fat on the meat, I freeze it ‘til I have enough to render. I freeze bones until there are enough for broth. I occasionally have forgotten that there is a lone hot dog, but I’ll be more vigilant.
    I should try way harder on this too. I'm just so bad at planning. But after reading all those stats I'm gonna make a better effort.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    YouTube: "Waste" vid from "foodwastetv". I think it is originally a German production, but there is an English version. Might be interesting.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Oddly enough big thing on our news today about how much food is wasted, due to BOGOF offers not being used and oversized bags of stuff and stuff, runs into millions!
    Try not to waste what I gets, but I should get a composter meself really, even though I don't grow nowt, I knows peeps who do, so at least whatever I waste might do some good!

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I used to be so bad about wasting vegetables my husband used to call the crisper in the fridge the rotter. Now I just toss stuff going bad in the freezer until it is time to feed my happy little composting worms. Still would be better to use it for us or the dogs but at least it is not going into a landfill.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    I should try way harder on this too. I'm just so bad at planning. But after reading all those stats I'm gonna make a better effort.
    High-5, girlfriend! One person, one day at a time. It will matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    YouTube: "Waste" vid from "foodwastetv". I think it is originally a German production, but there is an English version. Might be interesting.
    Here it is:

Here's another:

For this one, a TED talk, I did the link because if anyone's interested, there are a whole bunch of other videos to watch. Tristram Stuart: The global food waste scandal - YouTube

As a note, I know that as Primals, we don't consider the produce used to feed livestock as waste, so you might spend a few seconds yelling at some of these videos. But past that, they all have something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Oddly enough big thing on our news today about how much food is wasted, due to BOGOF offers not being used and oversized bags of stuff and stuff, runs into millions!
    Try not to waste what I gets, but I should get a composter meself really, even though I don't grow nowt, I knows peeps who do, so at least whatever I waste might do some good!
    Sounds like a plan Daveman.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I used to be so bad about wasting vegetables my husband used to call the crisper in the fridge the rotter. Now I just toss stuff going bad in the freezer until it is time to feed my happy little composting worms. Still would be better to use it for us or the dogs but at least it is not going into a landfill.
    You and I are sometimes so alike. I used to buy produce and then put it in the fridge in the plastic bag because I was relatively sure a large percentage would go bad. Throwing away a bag of indistinguishable black goo was preferable to cleaning out the produce drawers.

B*tch-lite

October 22, 2013 (Tuesday)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-25-2014 at 05:47 PM.

B*tch-lite