Page 10 of 278 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 10

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I truly love old cemeteries...

And I loathe the modern variety with the flush headstones so that they are "invisible".
    I know it's supposed to be for lower maintenance, but I think it's really so that people don't have to see them as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    yep - that was phalic !!!!! and I too find old cemetaries fascinating...............
    Me too. This is the second place I've lived with walking distance historic cemeteries. So peaceful and beautiful.

The other was Roslyn, WA. That cemetery was actually 27 distinct legal entities. When the town had been a coal mining town, the brotherhoods (precursors to the labor unions) made sure that widows wouldn't be further hassled by having to come up with money for burial. The old sections were divided by nationality. In the general old city cemetery, you could tell that some terrible flu or disease had hit in ~1904 because there were so many children that died that year. Very sad, but also a very concrete way to see the history of the town.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Progress

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-19-2014 at 11:45 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Beautiful backyard, reminds me of my grandparents old house. Not sure if you mentioned it, but where is that? Looks like somewhere in California.

I also love old graveyards, I visit one relatively frequently. Being surrounded by souls that seem like they have so many stories to tell is oddly comforting.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I so agree Derp - absolutely gorgeous backyard. A backyard you would want to spend time in.............. talking about what interesting souls you found in the cemetery.........over a bottle of red...............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I so agree Derp - absolutely gorgeous backyard. A backyard you would want to spend time in.............. talking about what interesting souls you found in the cemetery.........over a bottle of red...............
    Sounds like a good time. I have some 2 buck chuck here.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

I am not sure what 2 buck chuck is, but if it tastes good, and the company is good, I will be over in America 3 weeks today !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll meet you at J's

...small steps....

Derp, I'm in N'Orleans. Every year they do a self-directed walking tour of about 10-12 historic homes. While no pics are allowed of the interiors, most homeowners are okay with pics of the gardens, etc. Give me 35 more days, and you, me, and Gwamma can talk souls over a bottle CRW (cheap red wine).

A piece of good aged cheese, a bottle of wine, and thou (both of thou) - sitting in a cemetery communing with the spirits.

If you love old cemeteries, you'd both love New Orleans. Come in summer when only the craziest of tourists comes (oy, the heat), and they won't be so crowded.

ETA: Oh, and you can drink anywhere and any hour here as long as it's not in a glass container.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 04-24-2013 at 02:54 AM.

B*tch-lite

Joanie - I like a NICE red........ so can I choose !!!!!!!! praps a wee Nouvelle Zelande one ?????
    am looking up to see where New Orleans is on the map !!!!

...small steps....

buggar - Joanie, its like 6 inches away on the map. That equates to about 20 hours driving !!!!!!!!! I am thinking that my wee red wine ain't gonna last 20 hours !!!!!!!! buggar

...small steps....

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-19-2014 at 11:46 PM.

B*tch-lite

Page 10 of 278 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast