Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding eating difficult... Not hungry enough! page

RuthGV is offline Junior Member

Finding eating difficult... Not hungry enough!

Primal Fuel
    I've been primal for just over 6 weeks, I would say I'm 95% primal, the only thing I've had to account for the 5% really is one serving of rice and still have the odd glass of dry wine. I am enjoying the lifestyle, the diet appeals to me. Weightloss is around 19lbs so far, I've been doing Kettle Bell personal training sessions too. I'm feeling great, lots of energy, happier with my body (still would like another 20-30lbs off though). This week I have found it more difficult to eat my meals, telling myself its fuel and nutrition. I am eating 2 meals per day, usually fasting from dinner the night before until lunch the next day. I had a 24 hour fast this week which was easy. My food is varied, delicious and we enjoy cooking. My problem is that I'm finding eating a bit of a chore, don't feel hungry and am not really enjoying the food when eating it (even though I know it's tasty). Anyone else get like this sometimes? Maybe I need to do a long fast to kick start my appetite again?

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Yup try fasting until you feel hungry

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    My appetite comes and goes, but I always enjoy my meals. The size of the meal may vary, as do the components. If you really are not hungry or just want a light meal, so be it. But if you are looking at the same sorry ass plate meat and veggies, maybe change it up. Make some duck, puree some sweet potatoes, make a salad with chicken, oranges and avocados, blend up a smoothie.

And like I said, my appetite varies, yours may come back soon!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Thanks guys... Think I will start a fast and see where it takes me.

also try dropping the protein and increasing fat (coconut oil mainly or fattier meats) as this should increase apetite

Thanks Katsuhiko! Will definitely try that too.. Just been for a 2.5 hour hill/mountain walk and actually feel a bit hungry now which is great! Maybe more activity is also what I need. Going to have some Saturday night Primal Style Indian Cuisine... Mmmmm. Actually looking forward to it!

yup, move lots like that will get the apetite, especially with sun and fresh air

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    I find that Kombucha helps stimulate my hunger on days I'm not hungry. I do heavy weight training and sometimes I'm not even hungry those days but getting in enough food helps my energy for the next work out. I'll drink about 8 oz of a bottle and in a short bit my appetite comes.
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I wish this was my problem. Most days my hunger is normal and only comes at meal times, but other days I could eat and eat and eat and never be full! But I second the suggestions for generally moving around more and being active. It's normal for your appetite to vary, I'm sure it will come back soon.

Chun is offline Junior Member
    Just eat natural as to when your body wants, as you stated that you still want to lose 20-30 lbs, I don't see how it's going to affect you in any bad ways if you're just not feeling hungry ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast