Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bras page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Bras

Okay, bit of a random one but: Ladies, how many of you have you done N=1s relating to bra wearing? Do you wear / not wear and have you noticed if it makes a difference to your shape / size?

Bras dont fit me properly: I'm a 32B (been measured etc.) but the bras are always too small in the underwire, and too big in the cup. For the last two weeks I haven't bothered wearing a bra. At first it felt weird, but now I definitely feel like my breasts are fuller and more umm... buoyant?! I wonder if wearing bras restricts the natural shape...?

Any thoughts?

Already predicting which men are going to chime in...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    God. I remember early puberty - mom told me to start wearing bras, so I did so, day and night. All the time except when I showered. Then one night I didn't have any clean ones and I slept without them. Woke up the following morning noticing that a strange, numbing pain I had never noticed now seemed to be gone... lol...

Sport bras FTW.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I'm a 38 A, and bras don't fit me either, never have.

Despite having lost about 70 pounds, I only sag a little more than when I was a teen, less than lots of younger women.

Stretch sports bras.

And you know, the general consciousness from my male friends is that they prefer it when women don't wear bras (although this depends on size).

Throughout my twenties I went clubbing a lot, and I frequently used to go out braless. My N=1... men liked it...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I have 34 DD's. They need a bra. I find bras more comfortable than not wearing one.
    I'm sure for the most part men prefer braless.... LOL, and pantyless.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm a 30DD. Never slept in a bra and tend to go bra less about the house. If I'm doing something more active than walking, I'll put the bra back on. With the caveat that I'm only 28, I will say that my boobs tend to sag more on weeks I'm out of the house (i.e. wearing a bra) more. It's really only noticeable to me, but it's there. Then again, I've also always been adamant about bras FITTING. If they itch, pinch, constrict, or otherwise cause problems, I don't wear them.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    On behalf of all the - me - I say:

This thread is useless without pictures!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    When I was a kid in puberty, it was like a cardinal sin not to wear a bra nearly 24-7 (bible belt central TX in the 70s). I hated it, but nobody around me seemed to be doing any different, so I went along. Then my Army dad got transferred to Germany, and we lived with my German grandmother for a while while our housing wasn't ready yet, and I got an eyeful of the locals doing all sorts of heathenish stuff like letting the little kids run around the garden nekkid as a jaybird, and girls and women not wearing bras... My aunt was particularly brazen, the hussy - she even went braless wearing a simple open-mesh knitted top where her nipples actually could poke out of the small holes - and did. The color scheme of the top didn't permit easy spotting of the nipple, but I saw it nevertheless - all day. So I asked my mom about it, and my mama, although I love her dearly, turned into another woman entirely - this free European chick I had never seen before who told me I could go with or without a bra. Wow - freedom!

Today, I wear them, or not, depending on context and how I feel I look. Slinky top? - expensive bra. Home with my daughters? - nothing. Church (I teach a Sunday school class) - sports bra (a simple stretchy thing) mostly. That kind of thing, and my four daughters follow suit. But all of us here are not hugely endowed, just endowed, so I think we can get away with braless in public easier than a bustier gal.

I have several thoughts, and one is this: when I was a kid, I was a huge fan of every nature show and African tribes show I could possibly watch, especially the tropical and desert tribes that lived nearly nude, and except for pubescent girls, ALL of those tribal women had breasts that hung low and swung. They were still living like Grok, hunter-gatherer style, never saw a bra much less wore one, and their breasts went south with age.

Another: I have breastfed four, and I notice that mine are a bit "deflated" after the experience. Not hugely, but I can see the difference to myself. And even though I have been living a low-bra existence now for many years, I think mine are slooowly heading south as well.

So, for myself, I am not convinced that going braless will make your chest stronger and lift the mammaries, like Vibrams or bare footing does for the feet. Perhaps I would have a perkier chest if I did get more fit, which I totally neglect, a la body weight exercises. That would be a nice side-effect to getting stronger.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I like wearing stretchy sports bras with no padding and skinny straps. I went from a 36B to a 34C since going primal and things are definitely fuller. It was nice to lose weight without losing the girls. Can't stand wearing anything with padding or underwire unless there's a dress or something that requires more structure.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I went from a 36B to a 34C since going primal and things are definitely fuller. It was nice to lose weight without losing the girls.
    The holy grail...

I wonder if this is due to hormones balancing...

- Ray Peat

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast