Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bras page 7

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I should make my own. I don't really need the support. I just want something to minimize the nippley look, and which can be worn with a sleeveless or low-cut dress.
    There's a brand of bandeau style bras I like called Boob Tube. No I am not kidding. Well made and they actually stay up.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Try it - what' the worst that could happen?
    Uhhhhh awkwardness in public? XD

kiks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happybunny View Post
    Hey little vase, if you have shoulder indents, your bra is NOT fitting correctly. As I've said, I wear 32G, and my straps contribute almost no support to my bra. In fact, they tend sometimes to slide of my shoulders (I'm lazy about adjusting them). All the work is done by the band and cups. And there are plenty of styles that have wider bands that shouldn't really cut in around your chest at all. If you just don't like wearing bras, more power to you, but there are options out there if you WANT to wear a bra.
    You are right, shoulder indents means wrong size. I always wore 36D and for the past couple years have complained of shoulder pain...well lo and behold, i did some research and i wasn't sizing myself correctly. (hint: VS doesn't measure correctly) - I was actually a 32G (it is very important to use UK measurements - not US!).
    I have been wearing the right size and haven't had ANY shoulder pain, and my bra straps aren't tight either, they tend to slide off my shoulders too But it's tough finding the right size in stores.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I stopped wearing bras about 2 months ago, I'm about a 34C, and at first it was very weird, but I think it was mostly in my head since I don't think it was ever noticeable (I often wear some kind of camisole with a shelf layer or I wear several layers.

Now that I'm used to being bra-free, I don't think I could deal with wearing them again, I never realized how restrictive and uncomfortable they were.

I made my decision after reading about how bras restrict lymph flow (and therefore may be linked to cancer and cystic fibrosis) and weaken the Cooper's ligaments, which supposedly causes drooping.

Bra Free - Bras and Breast Cancer
    Last edited by BestBetter; 04-07-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    I wear sports bras most of the time, have plenty of cleavage even with them, but I still have some of my lower cut lacy lifters if the occasion comes up. The sports bra comes off as soon as I get into the house though ... at 38DD, my shoulders start aching after a while. I have noticed that they are fuller than they were prior to going paleo/primal.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I wear bras... then again I've always had sort of saggy breasts even when I was young and not particularly large. I find it physically uncomfortable not to wear a bra... so I do. However, I hate uncomfortable bras, and lately I've just been wearing those Ahh Bras (or variations thereof... there are a zillion brands of them now). They don't provide a lot of support - just enough so I'm comfortable. I wouldn't want to run in them though!! The only time I ever slept in bras was when I was lactating. I don't have to worry about jiggly breasts in bed and I don't know why you'd sleep in one!!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I wear bras outside of the house all the time. I am about a 34DD and prior to eating primal my breasts always had a sort of deflated look to them. Since going primal, my friends all comment at how great my breasts look They are much fuller and nicer now.

I am most comfortable around the house wearing a tight tank top with those built in shelf bras, but I still feel uncomfortable going out in public that way.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jacmac is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I can hold a stapler with one and a 3-hole punch with the other.
    Ha ha I see your 3 hole punch and stapler and raise you to a .....I wish lol

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    I stopped wearing bras about 2 months ago, I'm about a 34C, and at first it was very weird, but I think it was mostly in my head since I don't think it was ever noticeable (I often wear some kind of camisole with a shelf layer or I wear several layers.

Now that I'm used to being bra-free, I don't think I could deal with wearing them again, I never realized how restrictive and uncomfortable they were.

I made my decision after reading about how bras restrict lymph flow (and therefore may be linked to cancer and cystic fibrosis) and weaken the Cooper's ligaments, which supposedly causes drooping.

Bra Free - Bras and Breast Cancer
    That's a great article. Thanks for posting it. I really agree that, if one is not overweight, there is no reason that the body can't hold itself up. I also agree that doing some pushups and pull ups is great for strengthening the natural connective tissue to prevent sagging.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    If I could look decent without a bra I would be totally thrilled about not having to wear one. My Mum always had a little saying about braless big breasted women.... "Black eyes and bruised knees"...
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast