Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bras page 3

happybunny is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    You said it, Zach.

I have indents in my shoulders from bra straps. When I take my bra off my whole back goes crazy itching, like blocked lymph fluid was hanging around all day waiting to flow normally. Underwearless is definitely the way to go. Maybe I'll switch to only wearing sports bras, they're often like wearing tshirts, plus soft and cotton. That might be a good first step....
    Hey little vase, if you have shoulder indents, your bra is NOT fitting correctly. As I've said, I wear 32G, and my straps contribute almost no support to my bra. In fact, they tend sometimes to slide of my shoulders (I'm lazy about adjusting them). All the work is done by the band and cups. And there are plenty of styles that have wider bands that shouldn't really cut in around your chest at all. If you just don't like wearing bras, more power to you, but there are options out there if you WANT to wear a bra.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Double en post.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-06-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

What, yb? NO way! Men prefer it when women with little perky boobs go braless but if you have big droopy boobs they prefer it if you wear a bra??

.....my boobs are just too big and it really would not be attractive. At all. Trust.
    That's what I meant! If a lady has particularly large, sagging breasts, then I imagine most men would prefer to see them supported (under clothes ). Small - medium breasts : a different story

I look forward to the day we can discuss some kind of women's issue here without any men telling us we need to add photographs.
    Lol.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-06-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I read a few.. um.. articles that say that women are not measured properly for bras. When you measure across the nipples you are supposed to do it while bending over. And then you use a UK size chart. YOU'RE WELCOME.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I bet most cellulite and varicose veins are caused by restriction of circulation and lymph nodes. Women always wear the tightest clothing and it cant be good. IMO the best a women can look is a nice flowing dress with nothing underneath.

Also i am thinking about getting a kilt for summer. Hahaha, jk but would be awesome.
    Again I agree! The tight clothes, and even the tight shoes. The ankle bone's connected to the shin bone and all that....a tight thing worn on one area of the body affects the whole body.

Kilts are SO sexy!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I never wear underwear and its the only way to live!
    Laughed out loud...

- Ray Peat

Incindiary is offline Member
    I'm 44 and a 34 D. My breasts have always been bottom heavy. Even as a teenager they were fuller under the nipple than they were above. So, I've always felt self-conscious about going braless. They just have too much swing.

With that said, I've been braless around my house for YEARS. It's just my routine. As soon as I'm in for the day, the bra is OFF. I probably spend more time NOT wearing a bra than I do in one. And, really, I haven't noticed that much of change in their shape over the years. I don't think they're hanging any lower than the did twenty years ago. I don't know if that's due to going braless more often than not or due to genetics. I also never had kids, so maybe that's helped them keep their shape. I really can't say.

Incindiary is offline Member
    I'm 44 and a 34 D. My breasts have always been bottom heavy. Even as a teenager they were fuller under the nipple than they were above. So, I've always felt self-conscious about going braless. They just have too much swing.

With that said, I've been braless around my house for YEARS. It's just my routine. As soon as I'm in for the day, the bra is OFF. I probably spend more time NOT wearing a bra than I do in one. And, really, I haven't noticed that much of change in their shape over the years. I don't think they're hanging any lower than the did twenty years ago. I don't know if that's due to going braless more often than not or due to genetics. I also never had that kids, so maybe that's helped them keep their shape. I really can't say.

happybunny is offline Member
    It's a conspiracy. Victoria's Secret chooses measurement strategies to make sure almost everyone "fits" into their range of sizes.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I am a 30G or 32E depending on the bra right now. So unfortunately at my age.. have to wear one. It has been a total pain this year and have to wear it loose due to the fact that I have a duodenal ulcer and the strap goes right over it...very sore. I have never had straps dig in, but because I have narrow shoulders always have trouble with the straps staying up. I go braless around the house but never ever out.... I have always spent extra and bought the good, expensive, usually French bras. They fit so much better and last waaay longer, so in the end you end up saving I believe.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast