Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Bras page 17

wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    I like boobs and all, but do any other guys out there feel like they're a bit overrated? I think it's a case of wanting something you can't have. In other words, cleavage everywhere makes your curiosity always peaked. It's inflated demand by limiting the supply.

I guess I'm more of an...

PS- Ladies, bra-less is so much hotter if you can make it work. I hate bras.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-08-2013 at 12:57 AM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    true dat wilton.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Skylark is offline Junior Member
    Hi all - this is my first post on the forum. I couldn't resist as a UK forum I go on has been discussing the same thing. Over here there has been a bit of a revolution in how bras are fitted. Some shops are still plodding along doing the measure, add 5 inches thing, but many independent retailers and a fantastic chain called Bravissimo are doing it differently. The old way results as in a bra that is far too loose around the ribs, providing not much support at all.

I walked into Bravissimo a few years ago wearing a 36D and came out with a 32F and looking slimmer and younger with my clothes fitting better. Before the 36D I wore a 34B for years and thought that all bras were desperately uncomfortable and worse than useless - it turned out that I was just wearing the wrong size. After Primal I'm a 28G. This doesn't mean that my boobs have got bigger, it's just the way the sizes work 32F = 30FF = 28G in cup size.

Here's a fine page of examples showing good and bad bra fitting.
    Bra Guru's Better Bra Campaign: Bra Advertising
    It is incredible that the ones lower down the page are actually used in advertising!

It looks as if US sizes are similar to the UK with a few differences. Maybe find your UK size using the technique below, then convert?

How to measure yourself:

Standing up - measure firmly under your bust in inches.
    Then measure your overbust as shown in this diagram

Look here for sizing help: Fitting Advice

HOW TO RECOGNIZE A GOOD BRA

Testing the band and cup
    To test the band size, put the bra on back to front on the loosest hooks. If you can breathe but if feels tight and you can only fit two fingers underneath the wire at the front, then that's the correct back size for you. If it's so tight it's unbearable then go up a size.

The cup will differ much more between brands and styles than the back. Put the bra round the correct way and pop the shoulder straps up, lean forward then take your right hand and put it inside your left cup. Reach right round under your armpit/towards your back and scoop all the backfat/escapage forward in to the cup of the bra. This may require vigour!

Repeat on the other side.

Then put the shoulder straps up and adjust as necessary (not too tight as it's the back that should be doing most of the supporting work). If after scooping you find that you have some bulging over the cup and four-boobage going on, this means you need to go up one or more cup sizes. Keep going up through the cup sizes until all your breast tissue is firmly in place. Once you have put your bra straps up you may well need to repeat the scooping described above but with the straps in place. Breast tissue goes surprisingly far round under the arms which most people don't realise so often their wires are actually sitting on breast tissue.

A good fitting bra…
    If your bra is a good fit after doing this it should:

•Be worn on the loosest hook (when new). If you can fasten it on the tightest hook then try a back size lower.

•The band should be completely horizontal

•You should only be able to fit a couple of fingers under the front of the bra. If you can get more than that, or you can pull it more than an inch or so away from your body at the back, it is TOO BIG!

•If you raise your arms, the back should not really move - no riding up

•The wires should be entirely encasing your breast tissue - breast tissue goes surprisingly far back and a lot of people don't realise this. If you feel where the wire is sitting under your arm then it should be sitting on a fairly firm surface.

•The central gore (where the wires meet) should sit flat between your boobs. if it is being pushed away, then the cup is probably too small (and the back possibly too big as well)

•There should be absolutely no lumps over the top of the cup. Take a fitted t shirt with you to put over the top of the bra and stand side on to a mirror and watch as you breathe in. If you have a bit of a bulge only when you breathe in, you probably need to go up 1 cup. If it is visible when breathing out then it's probably more like two cups or more.

•The cup shouldn't gape. If it does, it may be too big or it may be the wrong shape of bra for you. Moulded cups are particularly bad for this as they don't adapt to your shape.

•The shoulder straps shouldn't be painful and digging in. Most of the support should come from the back. If you find that you can't get enough support without the straps being so short they hurt the bra isn't for you. Most likely it's too big in the back but it may also just be a bra that doesn't suit you.

•and on that note; not every brand works for every person. There are quite distinct differences in shape between brands which mean a particular brand may just not suit the shape of your breasts.
    HTH someone!
    Last edited by Skylark; 06-08-2013 at 11:54 AM.

fresa is offline Member
    ...wow.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I started this thread two months ago now... still bra-free!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Very few stores in the US carry smaller sizes. Victoria's secret has maybe one 32B when I visit, so I eventually gave up. H&M is the only place that consistently stocks the smaller sizes, so I buy all my bras there now.

2Rae is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for posting this thread.
    I wear one to work because the AC is too cold to go without one (what's she pointing at?) Plus, I'm 58 and it just seems more dignified to wear one at work and out in public, for me. However I prefer to go w/o at home, as does Mr Let Me See That. I recently read that it is ok to go w/o if you start out that way but for those of us that are "trained" to wear them it may not work out well. Maybe if we let the girls out more for short outings and then longer as time goes maybe it would be fine? Dunno.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617