Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Bras page 15

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I read a study recently that said bras increased sagging. Joke's on the bra wearers!

I figure that it could be true, but only to certain extents. If you have huge boobs or you run without a bra, I'd imagine they would sag faster.
    So often that's the issue, people on both sides arguing about what they imagine is happening, rather than doing real testing.

Skeptic is offline Junior Member
    Registered just to post here. I really hate bras. I don't think there's anything lewd or vulgar about breasts. If someone does believe that, that's not my problem. And if there are nipples, big deal. Life will go on and men have nipples too. Also there are many men who have breasts bigger than mine and until they're all wearing bras I'm not going to worry.

My breasts really don't move that much in day to day life... If I'm going to be doing something like jumping jacks I'll put on a sportsbra but I will want to take it off asap. There's no extra sweat from going braless because it's not like there's any skin to skin contact.

I don't experience any "breast tenderness" during my period, though that's supposed tobe a thing.

In terms of modesty I don't feel like I'm being immodest or anything. When I do put on a bra, that's when i feel uncomfortable and like my breasts are on display because bras make them look bigger and also make them really stick out and create cleavage. For the office, I just make sure that either the fabric is thick enough or there's pockets in the front or I just wear an undershirt or tanktop. I also have some large size training bras that I wear when I absolutely must.

It makes sense to me that bras are not healthy and don't prevent sag but it's not like that makes that much of a difference to me. I'd rather have saggy breasts than wear bras all the time!

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    Ugh. Mine are a 36GG, freakin huge and annoying. Granted, I am nursing my 7mos daughter. Even when she is weaned they won't shrink much.
    As soon as she is weaned, I will be getting a reduction, unless they shrink on their own bc of eating primal.
    I have to wear an underwire bra all the time, even at night bc of milk leaking.
    I long for the day of small boobs where I can buy cute $10 bras or even braless. Now? Not a chance.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I try not to wear bras as much as possible. I wear a lot of dresses, so anything tight, or a thicker material, or layers, I can get away with. Alas, I wear a 32 A/B. I don't know how feasible it is to go bra-free for someone with large jugs.

I have read that bras weaken the muscles in the breast that would usually be holding the boob up. I don't notice a difference; my boobs probably weigh 6oz each, ahaha.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    So often that's the issue, people on both sides arguing about what they imagine is happening, rather than doing real testing.
    Real testing - tries to visualise wearing a custom bra with only one cup... every day for 10 years... to get scientific results on which one sage most...

Sorry for that...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Blondigreen... I wouldn't put much stock in boob shrinkage.

Many women have found that for some strange reason that Primal/Paleo tends to shift weight off the body so that bra band size decreases, but breast size stays the same so that as band size decreases cup size INCREASES.

It's a strange thing.
    It happened to me even though I was skeptical... I went up to a D cup after losing weight.
    I was a bit shocking.
    Many women here have discussed this and there have even been threads started about it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    can you just answer plainly for me in case I am misinterpreting that...?

Primal diet = tendency toward bigger boobs?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Yes.

Loss of body fat but not breast tissue fat.
    Weird but true.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    "fascinating..." *moustache twist*

"Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Excellent Dave Chappelle clip!

Perhaps the eating of just good real food, and avoiding of all the processed junk is promoting better hormone profiles?
    But, of you use the search function you'll see... entire threads about the fact that lots of women have experienced this bigger boob thing.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-07-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast