Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bras page 14

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've seen that French study, and it's American doctor dissenters, a couple of times... and all I have to day is, if this is true

"It's only from 35 on that the skin decreases in its elasticity and the breasts tend to sag more after that because the skin is the primary support of the breast," she said.

WHY then do so many women that I have met have sagging breasts prior to age 35.
    Hell... they were sagging prior to age 30!
    I once witnessed a girl in her mid-20's who was maybe a full C cup (about the size of my own breasts) have to damn near roll them up like socks to put them in her wedding dress.
    I was shocked.
    But it did seem that sag was the norm by then for pretty much everyone.

Honestly, I attribute the number of ladies I know in this shape to the bra-madness in the bible-belt where I grew up.
    They strap them in when the first blush hits the peach in middle school and keep them strapped down day and night.
    I think they've added it as a mortal sin to be braless!

Is sometimes thankful to have been raised an outcast by heathen hippies.
    It was awkward as a child, but you know... not so bad now.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    there have been girls at school with my kids as young as 8 wearing bras. and i am not talking coz they need them in any way at all. it is coz they want to. in fact i think my kids are pretty much the only girls in their class now who dont wear them, as they dont "need" to. they are 9 and 12!!!

PrimalInAsia is offline Junior Member
    I'm going a ways back in the thread to someone mentioning implants. I have them! I've had them 7 years now. My breasts were totally undeveloped (later we found out I have PCOS, very possible connection but I digress) so I got them done. My surgeon obviously wanted me to make a career being in music videos because they were (are) very round, very perky but bottomed-out, and very large! I ALWAYS wear a bra. Sleeping and waking. I just totally fear the saggage that could be my future, however consistent chest exercise keeps them very nice (I find the most effective exercise is the cable crossover because it tweaks the muscle on the inside of the chest rather than a lying down press which seems to strengthen the muscles on the outer side of the implant, if this makes any sense.)

I was recently in hospital and without a bra for 1 1/2 weeks. Of course I was lying down and not using any muscles at all for that time, but I definitely felt my boobs being way too...relaxed? It also felt a little sexual with a bevy of male surgeons examining me every day, lying on my back and pulling up my hospital top with no bra on. My partner also feels very uncomfortable when I don't wear a bra in public as it attracts a lot of attention. So all of this to say....I'm keeping the bra.

rahallahan is offline Junior Member
    I am a 34F. I have to wear bras when I go out, but mainly because my breasts bounce all over the place and it draws attention. Also (this may be tmi, sorry) my nipples are always hard, so that causes lots of attention. If I wear a bra, it covers all those things. But back to your question. I wear a bralette at home, mainly just to keep them from moving alot, but it doesn't offer much support or privacy. But I know my breasts fell amazing when I dont' have to wear a regular bra. But you are not very large. You could go braless and not have any problems I would think.

There is a new study out done by a French doctor showing that bras actually can make breasts sag more. As the muscles behind them don't have to work so hard to hold them up. The study was a 15 year study and the women who had not worn a bra the entire time had perkier breasts and their nipples tended to be something like 7 millimeters higher. So there is that!

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Thing to be come in threes. This thread, an unrelated article about bra causing cancer AND I was driving home from work and they were talking about it on the radio. Braless for me as much as possible. It's starting to feel really good, even though I don't like how it looks in the mirror.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Do any of you gals bench press? I'm pretty sure it'll help with the aging bit.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Do any of you gals bench press? I'm pretty sure it'll help with the aging bit.
    That and push ups. Not the ones they sell at Victoria's Secrets, the kind you do with your arms.

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That and push ups. Not the ones they sell at Victoria's Secrets, the kind you do with your arms.
    LOL - good one. Yes, push up (exercises) for me, too.
    I'm small, always have been, always will be. I have bras in 34A & 34B (depends on style, manufacturer, even color sometimes - who's making these things? There's NO consistency!) Whenever I'm home, I'm braless, but as others have mentioned, that's easier to do when you're small. As for natural support/non-sagging, I'm not as perky now as when I was in my 20's and early 30's. I don't know that going braless helps to keep the breasts' natural shape, but I don't think it hurts, either. For me, it feels better to go au naturel whenever I can - bras are totally uncomfortable to me. Also, I notice if I happen to wear one of the more 'enhancing' styles for a few days in a row, I get really bad mastalgia, esp. in my right breast. Coincidence? I think not.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I'm always envious of women with small tatas who can go sans bra. :3 I'm a 40DDD and would never, ever, ever consider going out without a bra. Even at home, it is more comfortable to wear one than not. I'll be 30 next month and I find my tatas are a little saggy but when they are that size and natural, it is expected I suppose. They aren't deflated looking so I can be grateful for that at least. =/

I have definitely considered a reduction more than once and with seriousness. Surgery scares me though.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I read a study recently that said bras increased sagging. Joke's on the bra wearers!

I figure that it could be true, but only to certain extents. If you have huge boobs or you run without a bra, I'd imagine they would sag faster.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast