Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bras page 12

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, Cori, I agree with you. This country demonizes sexuality, human bodies, etc. Mostly due the the religious affiliations. I still don't want my nips on display, though. My comfort level is to be completely covered.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Cori, thanks. Was going to post something to that effect.

"Lewdness" is an entirely social construct. It's up to us as invididual whether or not we want to buy into it. As I said before, I'm torn. I don't particularly want to be a trendsetter at the risk of my physical safety (because it's unfortunately all too common that anything considered "display" is considered "invitation" in this society). Definitely would not mind moving to areas of Europe for this reason.

I think I'm going to invest in some good pasties though
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I get it... It's hard to undo or go against what has already been done as far as cultural indoctrination and personal comfort level, and/or to live openly at odds with a society that doesn't approve of such behavior.

If you ever want to feel free... vacay in Germany. Or just where you can hang on a nude beach.
    Seriously.
    It's a really chill thing. I think it gets you back in touch with some normalcy as to how people are supposed to view bodies.
    As human bodies, not sexual OBJECTS, unless sex is the object at that moment... and even then there should be a focus on the PERSON.

**As a side note Mark's naked and exposed nipples were visible at the top the the screen while I was making this post. Just sayn.
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-12-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    As I said before, I'm torn. I don't particularly want to be a trendsetter at the risk of my physical safety (because it's unfortunately all too common that anything considered "display" is considered "invitation" in this society).
    I am right there with you on this one. I like to go braless and always to at home, and I do so in public when my clothing make it non obvious. But at the same time I attract enough unwanted attention for simply walking while female, without adding obvious bralessness to the mix.

Which annoys me, because I should be able to wear what I damn well please. No matter what I'm wearing (or not wearing), it's never an invitation for harassment or assault.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    Which annoys me, because I should be able to wear what I damn well please. No matter what I'm wearing (or not wearing), it's never an invitation for harassment or assault.
    Amen!

On the braless front: I did not mention before that I live in camisole style tops whenever possible (built-in bras). That's essentially the only kind of bra that I can fit into anyway. Pre-formed cups are usually too big (or the band is too small) in "sized" bras. They're not comfortable anyway. I definitely encourage people to try built-in bras if possible, they are incredibly comfortable and usually supportive enough for everyday activities (I do have some large-busted friends who can attest to this). That being said, I know some people who chose to minimize the appearance of their breasts and built-in bras and simple camisole-style ones can be really good for that. I strongly dislike "enhance-wear".
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I kinda seriously hope losing weight will decrease my boobs. They are a serious level C at the moment. I liked it more when I was a B back in highschool. I would go braless then, and they were nice and perky... but now they're all sad and stuff. I think it's because they're heavier than they should be naturally. However, I will say, saggy breasts run in the fam.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I'm just curious, does this thread make anyone else think of the recent hooplah about Jon Hamm of Mad Men (obviously) going commando? I only know of it b/c someone in my news feed linked to a Jezebel article poking fun at his reaction to the press, saying he was just getting a dose of the objectification actresses deal with all the time. (There was an apt comment pointing out that actually, women objectify actors just as much).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I didn't hear about a "commando incident"... so...

But I am aware that guys go commando quite frequently, or are at least visibly hanging either left or right in their boxer shorts.
    And I don't find it offensive.
    *shrug*

I find all of America's (as America seems to bear this problem in paticular) body objectification/body shaming duality to be ridiculous. Though it is highly skewed towards women with the shaming element, the objectification of men is getting to be right up there on par with the ladies these days.
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-12-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    people are making a big deal about his penis because it hangs down to his knee, so paps zoom in on his crotch etc
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Just found an interesting article about bras and breast cancer... I think I may have to retract my doubts! Bras and Breast Cancer - Normal Body Temperature

The poster references a book called "Dressed to Kill: The Link Between Breast Cancer and Bras", by Sydney Ross Singer and Soma Grismaijer. Sounds like it's worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I kinda seriously hope losing weight will decrease my boobs. They are a serious level C at the moment. I liked it more when I was a B back in highschool. I would go braless then, and they were nice and perky... but now they're all sad and stuff. I think it's because they're heavier than they should be naturally. However, I will say, saggy breasts run in the fam.
    Gladmorning, I'm like the devil on your shoulder whispering two sweet words:

"Boooooody bruushing!"
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast