Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bras page 11

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cori - next time I see a bloodied nipple - I shall hand them one of those wee cover-alls !!!!!!!! brilliant
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Cori - next time I see a bloodied nipple - I shall hand them one of those wee cover-alls !!!!!!!! brilliant
    Those things are very popular around here with all the runners/cyclists and such.
    This area of FL is a huge training area... lots of sore nipples! LOL

A lot of ladies use them under the sheer/light colored summer fabrics too, because braless is nice but can sometimes be a little too revealing in some tops. Those things make the nips sort of invisible... if you buy the good ones.
    The cheap-o ones ($3-$5) not so much. They are just that. Cheap. They don't have the really thin tapered edges or the skin like texture to the silicone surface... not such a good "invisible" effect. But sufficient for just a cover if you just want to prevent chaffing and aren't worried about the looks.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member

MudLily is offline Senior Member
    Three reasons I will continue to wear a bra in public: 1) jiggle; 2) bounce; 3) sway. Like I said earlier, quite a lewd effect.

If you follow the first link you get another article about the study. Here's a quotation that should make everyone pause and think about the applicability of the study: "All the women involved in the study were aged between 18 and 35, although the professor was keen to stress that the group were not a representative of the global population of females."
    Last edited by MudLily; 04-12-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    A little late to the conversation....I wear a 36A and at almost 58, I do sag a little so I wear a bra most of the time. What I really hate about going braless is sweat collecting underneath. I hate the feel of sticky sweat in the creases. A bra I wear quite a bit and is comfortable - almost like wearing nothing is Barely There by Bali Comfort Revolution Microfiber Crop Top | CVWEB

They don't have a whole lot of support, but do offer some and are very comfortable.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I went from a 36B to a 34C since going primal and things are definitely fuller. It was nice to lose weight without losing the girls. Can't stand wearing anything with padding or underwire unless there's a dress or something that requires more structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    The holy grail...

I wonder if this is due to hormones balancing...
    when i lost weight 3 years ago, my boobs stayed just as big. they have always been "too" big. when i was anorexic, my friends described me as a popsicle stick with boobs. bartending years ago, i overhead plenty of conversations with patrons debating whether or not my bewbies were real!

from friends who have had breast reductions, my understanding is that "fat" boobs will shrink/deflate from weight loss. genetic big boobs, not so much.

i have NOT left the house without a bra since puberty. even with a bra, too many people have to stare -- men and women. but it's the 1st thing that comes off when i get home and will never wear one around the house.

if your bra hurts or constricts, leaves marks or dents, it's not the right fit. i am 36dd and only a very specific style fits me well and looks good. buying bras is just awful, but it's worth spending some money because they do last a long time.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

It astounds me that some women here find any breast movement "lewd"...
    Basically you are equating your breasts with lewdness. It's a form of neutering for a woman to completely squash them into submission and cover them into smooth placid barbie like mounds.

Stupid cultural conditioning. America sucks on so many levels when it comes to this... born from Europe and yet we seem to have firmly rejected any/all of it's better points. *sigh*

Do you think that the women and men of tribal communities who go mostly nude see some flesh movement of a breast and shudder at the lewdness of it?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    It astounds me that some women here find any breast movement "lewd"...
    Basically you are equating your breasts with lewdness. It's a form of neutering for a woman to completely squash them into submission and cover them into smooth placid barbie like mounds.

Stupid cultural conditioning. America sucks on so many levels when it comes to this... born from Europe and yet we seem to have firmly rejected any/all of it's better points. *sigh*

Do you think that the women and men of tribal communities who go mostly nude see some flesh movement of a breast and shudder at the lewdness of it?
    I am not especially boobulous, but I have large, prominent nipples. Around the house I don't wear a bra, but if I go out I always I always wear a stretch bra or tight camisole. I never wear real bras, because I've never been able to buy any that fit. My nipples show through t-shirts even when I am wearing an unstructured stretch sports bra.

Nipple covers are posted at the top of the page...

But again... I see men's nipples through their shirts all the time. This is not lewd.
    And nipples on women are not lewd either.
    More cultural conditioning... the belief that women's nipples should never be visible.
    Kinda silly.

I was raised in America but with an especially European sensibility towards nudity, such as the German's might have.
    There was nude swimming... and seeing family members nude was not shameful.
    Nudity was simply not made shameful in general...
    And there really isn't a good reason for it to be except in the context of sexual shaming-control/religion but it all gets washed together and the whole load gets stained in this culture.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I think it's kind of silly, too. But I don't feel like shelling out for nipple covers. I am allergic to some common adhesives used on band-aids and adhesive tape.

I feel like I could make a camisole with something like that built in if I was motivated. Am I? Nah. I go braless around the house.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast